Pokerstars Going Mobile

Quoted from Pokernews.com

MobileStars?The largest online poker site may soon be coming to your phone. Yes, you read it right. PokerStars recently bought one of the leading mobile gaming software development companies, Cecure Gaming.This year, the company struggled because of a "weak customer recruitment strategy in the difficult prevailing economic climate." When Cecure was established in 2000, the company received about $20 million to develop the "best and most secure mobile poker gaming technology in the world."“We are delighted to have been able to secure a deal for the sale of these assets in such a secretive and clandestine market,” said Paul Herman from Cavendish Corporate Finance, the company appointed to oversee the deal. “Accessing buyers and investors in the gaming market is notoriously difficult and we are delighted to have had the opportunity to meet and negotiate with many of the leading domestic and international players."Yes, PokerStars only bought a mobile software development company. We haven't seen any statements to say that PokerStars is going mobile tomorrow, but one can only imagine that that would be the next step.

seriously why? i mean maybe the micros will have people just playing while stuck in traffic or something. seems dumb, the only useful thing would maybe be high stakes players checking to see if people are on

Just got a survey from Pokerstars about my mobile phone service. It appears they will be rolling this out fairly quickly.
DittoPlus the carrot of free entry to a depositor freeroll - time to rebuild my bankroll

Yeah I doubt this will mike the med-high limit players play more. However if a low limit casual player just got to his flight gate and found there is a 2 hour delay? Why not....

Yeah I doubt this will mike the med-high limit players play more. However if a low limit casual player just got to his flight gate and found there is a 2 hour delay? Why not....
Doctors waiting room. Chinese restaurant on Seinfeld. ****ING COLLEGE GRADES ARE GOING TO GO WAYYYYYYYYY DOWN!
I think the people they're trying to reach are people that might be stuck in traffic, waiting in lines, waiting for trains, waiting for buses. I'm sure as hell getting this.Btw, it works properly on iPhone?
I think the people they're trying to reach are people that might be stuck in traffic, waiting in lines, waiting for trains, waiting for buses. I'm sure as hell getting this.Btw, it works properly on iPhone?
I agree 100%. I hate BrickBreaker, that silly breakout game on Blackberry's, but I play it when I have time to kill while waiting on something. I would much rather be able to play poker. I will definitely be picking this app up once available.

Nice!! That's better than the answer they gave me a year ago when I asked if poker on your mobile was possible;Hello Jan,Thank you for your email.Unfortunately our software is not compatible with that type of mobiletechnology at this time. The security required for our real money games isnot possible with the operating systems used to run those devices.You may read more about these types of devices and security concerns onthe following link.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_deviceWe may have this available in the future if the security of those devicesimproves. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.Regards,TeymourPokerStars Support Team- Tekst uit oorspronkelijke bericht weergeven -

seriously why? i mean maybe the micros will have people just playing while stuck in traffic or something. seems dumb, the only useful thing would maybe be high stakes players checking to see if people are on
true that
Luckily I don't have that huge fingers. Looks like it's tough to increase your bet sizing when the buttons are so small, but I guess that's the best it gets.
How does this work, any more info for a fellow Yiddo?
I set it up in like 20 min. DL the logmein app from the AppStore and dl the free logmein from the website on your computer. The app is like $30 but this is easily the best app I've ever seen

I live in Canada and the data plans for the iphone are 500mb and 1gb I think. I have a crap easy job on a night shift with no internet connection! And of course I'd love to play poker on my iphone (if I buy one). From what I've read logmein allows you to play poker stars so I'm all for it. My question is how much bandwidth will be used each month to run logmein then run pokerstars on my iphone? I'd probablly log a good 20 hours/week playing only one table (small screen), from work. I have tried to google this but it came up a blank. Maybe someone will have better luck, or know from experience.Thanks.

The app through logmein is not very secure and is easily hacked if someone targets you. If you feel lucky (and we all are gamblers, so what the heck), go for it. But Pokerstars did acquire a company that has specifically addressed the security issues involved with playing on a mobile phone. It is not yet available, but should be before too much longer, as evidenced by Pokerstars' current activities.