River A Set In A Badly Played Hand

Villain is a massive fish, running 50/14 with agg factor of 7, so I kind of wanted to let him bluff at the pot.Played this hand like a monkey so fix my line either way, but also as played what's the plan for the river?No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopButton ($10.54)SB ($4.08)BB ($10)UTG ($2.57)MP ($10)Hero (CO) ($17.01)Preflop: Hero is CO with J :club:, J :ts2 folds, Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30Flop: ($0.85) 4 :3h, 5 :4h, Q :qh(2 players)BB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40Turn: ($1.65) 3 :jh(2 players)BB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60River: ($2.85) J :5c(2 players)BB bets $0.90, Hero?Total pot: $20.05

$2.95/call
yep we bet call shove, and bet almost full pot if he is such a fish that shouldnt slow him down too much

well it looks like the total pot is 20.05, so you raised and he put you all in with his QQ/flush/straight. Ouch for you.That said I'm pretty sure PSB raise here, and then be willing to call any raise.Side question, let's say this villain does something goofy like min-raises your PSB. Do we just call it and leave 2-3 bucks behind in effective stack or are we willing to 4 bet shove here? Not a material question, but those 20-30 BB's add up both ways, ya know.

Well observed, silly of me. I did raise/call, just checking that's what I ought to be doing.As to your question, I'm not sure whether I would 4bet ship, but if I ever was going to it would be against someone like this...

Villain is a massive fish, running 50/14 with agg factor of 7, so I kind of wanted to let him bluff at the pot.Played this hand like a monkey so fix my line either way, but also as played what's the plan for the river?No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopButton ($10.54)SB ($4.08)BB ($10)UTG ($2.57)MP ($10)Hero (CO) ($17.01)Preflop: Hero is CO with J :club:, J :ts2 folds, Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30Flop: ($0.85) 4 :3h, 5 :4h, Q :qh(2 players)BB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40Turn: ($1.65) 3 :jh(2 players)BB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60River: ($2.85) J :5c(2 players)BB bets $0.90, Hero?Total pot: $20.05
This is an incredibly dumb/unprofitable line for a flush IMHO. But I don't know what else he fills this pot with. Yeah we raise every time when presented with this river, BTW.
Well observed, silly of me. I did raise/call, just checking that's what I ought to be doing.As to your question, I'm not sure whether I would 4bet ship, but if I ever was going to it would be against someone like this...
I know, I was just busting balls.What did he show up with? Such a thin value bet on the river for any made hand. I guess thin value after opening 3rd and 4th is a good line to try and lock in a call or even coax a raise, but I don't think this guy is that good.Yeah, my side question is just random, as I find myself in various hands like this, in PLO esp. where I can't fathom what would 3-bet me here that doesn't beat me (obv. your decent villain is 4 bet shoving here...but enough don't where I have this question that occasionally comes up.)
well it looks like the total pot is 20.05
lol i saw this too and thought, wtf?
As for the hand, this is the card we were calling for. If you were to fold even though your jack came on the river, you should have done so earlier in the hand, so the discussion is just how much you should raise him. I think a shove is fine, if anybody would stove it that would be great but I'd expect this to be some +EV.
Villain is a massive fish, running 50/14 with agg factor of 7, so I kind of wanted to let him bluff at the pot.
I just wanted to touch on something.Its 6 handed, i would like to adjust these stats slightly.. I would think 45/20/6 could be a very big winning player in 6 handed ring.so does everyone agree this guys stats rep him as a massive fish?I'm not convinced.

it all depends. I could see a hyperLAG winning with those stats in the typical micro-poker environment. More likely than not though 50/14/7 (if that's his true rate, which it probably isn't) is open-limping and calling too many raises OOP, and going bonkers postflop when he does make a hand. He is not positionally aware either. So yea probably a fish