• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

next: why didn't jack turn into a smoke monster?
my thoughts were because MIB died when he was thrown in, probably because he was carried by the current off the cliff - this theory would be supported by the skeleton they made sure to show at the bottom, but that could have been anyone, egyptian or otherwise
The conditions were quite different between MIB's descent (active light) and Jack's (active redness). Maybe it all depends on purity of thought or consciousness, whether or not you get smoked.But, really, this is like looking at a ball bearing under an electron microscope. The closer you get, the more imperfections you see.
The MIB never drank the cup offered from his mom before he went into the cave.Jack did.
but i thought Jacob couldn't kill MIB and if MIB had died then it would have been the result of Jacob pushing him into the glowy cave right?
Did he die when he became the smoke monster?
the real explanation is at the beginning of S6 the producers had intending the ALT to be an actual alternate timeline where the island sank, but didn't have the time or resources or creative power (or whatever) to pull it off, and had to pull a much simpler purgatory rewrite out of their asses sometime mid-season.
I'd imagine they had the entire final season outlined well before they started filming it, although the above explanation would make some sense.
i don't think so, but a few posts up DK said he died when thrown into the cave, which is where my response came from...i don't know man, the whole thing is confusing
i don't think so, but a few posts up DK said he died when thrown into the cave, which is where my response came from...i don't know man, the whole thing is confusing
That's why I am here. To put the end the confusion!
the real explanation is at the beginning of S6 the producers had intending the ALT to be an actual alternate timeline where the island sank, but didn't have the time or resources or creative power (or whatever) to pull it off, and had to pull a much simpler purgatory rewrite out of their asses sometime mid-season.
far more likely the real explanation is at the beginning of S6 the Lost Script Magic 8-ball told them to put it in there.
my thoughts were because MIB died when he was thrown in, probably because he was carried by the current off the cliff - this theory would be supported by the skeleton they made sure to show at the bottom, but that could have been anyone, egyptian or otherwise
after smokey came out of the cave jacob found MiBs physical body outside the cave in what looked like the exact spot where jack ended up. very confusing, but yeah maybe the island's protecter gets immunity to the smoke-monster-maker easy bake oven thing, even though it still kills him :club:
his body died apparently. his mind or soul or whatever became or was integrated into a/the smoke monster. as with everything no sense was made of any of that.
his body died apparently. his mind or soul or whatever became or was integrated into a/the smoke monster. as with everything no sense was made of any of that.
A nice example of, "How the hell were they going to explain that in a way that wouldn't make it even more ridiculous than just leaving it as a mystery?"
A nice example of, "How the hell were they going to explain that in a way that wouldn't make it even more ridiculous than just leaving it as a mystery?"
i can think of lots of ways. as long as they are going all metaphysical with their answers they can do anything they want. but it has to make some sense. there shouldn't be things that are contradictory, like the sunk island in the afterlife or whatever. i'm looking for continuity.in fact i would have just ended the show with jack becoming a smoke monster. but they had to go for tear-jerker quotient over substance.
NEXT?
Why did pregnant people die?Why was Walt psychic, and why did the others need to take him? Or rather, how did they know that he was psychic? Or whatever he was.
Why did pregnant people die?Why was Walt psychic, and why did the others need to take him? Or rather, how did they know that he was psychic? Or whatever he was.
The answer is the same for both.The energy of the island affects people. That's why Desmond was able to build up an immunity.Walt was young, his immune system was too immature to defend itself, so he began to be impacted by the energy.Ben was also young when he came, and he became someone who Jacob began to speak with, because of his 'island impact'Pregnant women are connected to their baby, a baby with the wrong blood type can kill it's mother when the mother delivers...imagine if the baby was overdosing on Island energy... And remember that the man's sperm is very susceptible to being impacted to outside influences ( pot heads may deny it, but their sperm count is reduced by smoking pot ). So a man on the island who impregnates a woman would compound the influence of the energy The others were much more in tune to the energy of the island, and studying the pregnant women and the first kid to come to the island in quite a while were of interest to them.Clair was on Jacob's list, as such she had been touched by Jacob before she came to the island, that's why Aaron was okay.Jin and Sun's baby will probably become a scanner.NEXT?
So a man on the island who impregnates a woman would compound the influence of the energy
these seems like a stretch...Do you think you might be making too many assumptions?
these seems like a stretch...Do you think you might be making too many assumptions?
When you are explaining a make believe story that the writers never finish, you are free to make any assumption you wish.Wait till they read this thread, they will use most of this for LOST II: The Next Generation
When you are explaining a make believe story that the writers never finish, you are free to make any assumption you wish.Wait till they read this thread, they will use most of this for LOST II: The Next Generation
If Picard and Gordi are in it, I'd watch.