Don Giovanni wrote:quote name='Don Giovanni' date='Saturday, March 20th, 2010, 8:32 PM' post='3313786']just to let you guys know, my idiot friends even admit that this show is now garbage, and they have devoted serious time to it, so you know its sincere. for years they would tell me to watch the show. i told them it was for losers (while making an "L" on my forehead). ive never seen a full episode, but the glimpses of this season that i have been unfortunate enough to catch have impressed me with their low production values, laughable acting and dialogue, and preposterous events.please, all of this nonsense about wondering what's going to happen, and how "next episode is going to really straighten us out, i can tell!" - ugh, get a grip. this is below you people. ive seen you at your best, and now this?don't watch this show anymore. its beyond ridiculous and nothing is going to be resolved. you will not have your closure, unless your idea of closure is that part where the con man lets you know you've been had. only the people like me who never watched this mess get away cleanly. the rest of you are down to one play: cut your losses and abandon this regrettable saga of your life.there are too many great films and documentaries (and tv shows, btw) out there to spend another minute of your time on this charade. watch something that will entertain by exploring the real traits of human life, and do so in an engaging and enriching way, as opposed to the bland, mystical escapism of a show that truly lives up to its name. this post is for the rational among you; i do not hope nor want to save the others. your time is valuable, and your options for spending it: immense. the frivolous? not welcome here. not in this life!Did you take your medicine yesterday? My time is valuable so quit wasting it. Maybe try watching a episode or go post on a scientology website. Epic fail if this is joke post.
OH? whats that? epic fail on the forum quoting you moron. if you're going to try and see me you better learn how to work the quote button and not write in bold like an idiot. EPIC FAIL!!!
  • Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to let you guys know, my idiot friends even admit that this show is now garbage, and they have devoted serious time to it, so you know its sincere. for years they would tell me to watch the show. i told them it was for losers (while making an "L" on my forehead).
good one. you showed them!!

You were defeated when Lucious drained that 3 against Maryland.

well, im gonna go ahead and declare victory here. lost has been defeated. it really couldn't have gone otherwise though, thats clear.mods, please lock this thread.
I, for one, will stop watching. Colour me disillusioned :club:

great episode, but it did introduce some minor plot inconistency for me. some things about jacob and MiB's conversations inS5 don't fit very well with how they acted and what they said in this ep.also apparently jacob could have defended himself against ben if he wanted to given that he kicked richard's ass. dying in 2007 seems to be part of his plan.

great episode, but it did introduce some minor plot inconistency for me. some things about jacob and MiB's conversations inS5 don't fit very well with how they acted and what they said in this ep.also apparently jacob could have defended himself against ben if he wanted to given that he kicked richard's ass. dying in 2007 seems to be part of his plan.
What are the inconsistencies? Allowing Ben to make his choice to kill Jacob was a test of Ben's character. For Richard to kill Jacob at that moment would not have been such a test given the state of Richard's knowledge.
What are the inconsistencies?
within what would have been a very short time after MiB said "do you know how badly i want to kill you" jacob acted quite surprised that he tried. also in S5 jacob acted like it was the first time MiB tried to kill him using a human - he said "looks like you found your loophole", even though MiB had already used the same loophole with richard.
Allowing Ben to make his choice to kill Jacob was a test of Ben's character.
a test of loyalty to jacob maybe. given that ben was already a mass murderer in jacob's name, and the most important person in the world to him (alex) had just appeared and told him to do whatever locke says, i don't buy it for a second as a test of general character or "good" morality (although that seems to be where the producers are going with this unfortunately).

Good episode, my favorite of the season so far (no dumb alt-timeline!).I did notice a possible inconsistency though. In late season 5 when we see Jacob and the MiB talking on the beach, and the Black Rock is clearly visible during the daytime. So how do we get from that to the Black Rock crashing during a horrible storm during the night?Edit: I guess it's possible that it was a different ship, but the consensus opinion at the time seemed to be that it was the Black Rock.

I did notice a possible inconsistency though. In late season 5 when we see Jacob and the MiB talking on the beach, and the Black Rock is clearly visible during the daytime. So how do we get from that to the Black Rock crashing during a horrible storm during the night?
the black rock could have arrived and anchored offshore during the day without anyone notifying the prisoners that they were at an island, then the storm hit (or was conjured up by jacob) that night blowing a hole in the plank and allowing the one prisoner to see the island for the first time, snapping the anchor line etc. a little careless with the plot, but i don't see that as a huge deal.

Richard got the full body immersion baptism, right?For a show that's been so much about the argument of (unspecified)faith vs reason, this episode had a lot of direct Christian references.Maybe the story arc is moving back to Aaron, the miraculous baby?

Richard got the full body immersion baptism, right?For a show that's been so much about the argument of (unspecified)faith vs reason, this episode had a lot of direct Christian references.Maybe the story arc is moving back to Aaron, the miraculous baby?
this is a very good observation...There are a lot of religious references in this show, last night was a great example of it.I really cant wait till the season finale, I am REALLY hoping we dont get one of those Sopranos endings, and we are left to wonder and fill in the blanks after the screen goes to black.

I hope the ending is Newhart waking up in bed with Suzanne Pleshett (sp?) and telling her he had a strange dream.I clearly didn't react to last nights episode like you all did. I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was mind blowingly great or anything. I don't get into to much of the theories and stuff, I like to watch it and wait for the next one or wait till the end of a season and try and make sense of it all. So maybe this is old news or been talked about before but are we automatically supposed to believe that Jacob/White is good and Smokey/Black is evil? Because I still think it's the other way around.

I hope the ending is Newhart waking up in bed with Suzanne Pleshett (sp?) and telling her he had a strange dream.
It would actually be great if it was actually that scene!Crow- you are picking nits here on a 6 year long shows with how many hours of television time and a writers strike.I am amazed at well the story has held together through all that.
within what would have been a very short time after MiB said "do you know how badly i want to kill you" jacob acted quite surprised that he tried. also in S5 jacob acted like it was the first time MiB tried to kill him using a human - he said "looks like you found your loophole", even though MiB had already used the same loophole with richard.a test of loyalty to jacob maybe. given that ben was already a mass murderer in jacob's name, and the most important person in the world to him (alex) had just appeared and told him to do whatever locke says, i don't buy it for a second as a test of general character or "good" morality (although that seems to be where the producers are going with this unfortunately).
Yeah, I caught that also, but I'm the credulous type who is willing to let a story play out and not try and second guess before the end (in general). Good point about the gassing of the Dharma Initiative people by Ben, but I don't think we can substantiate where that general order came from and how specific it was.
I hope the ending is Newhart waking up in bed with Suzanne Pleshett (sp?) and telling her he had a strange dream.I clearly didn't react to last nights episode like you all did. I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was mind blowingly great or anything. I don't get into to much of the theories and stuff, I like to watch it and wait for the next one or wait till the end of a season and try and make sense of it all. So maybe this is old news or been talked about before but are we automatically supposed to believe that Jacob/White is good and Smokey/Black is evil? Because I still think it's the other way around.
I easily could be the double McGuffin and we're all confused (easy enough, I suppose) because we have archtypical expectations (just because a guy in a white hat rides into town doesn't mean he's the good guy)One thing I like about this show is the overall ambiguity (for want of a better definition) of the paths people choose: good, bad, right, wrong...does it all lead to the same end? What does "choice" truly mean?
I clearly didn't react to last nights episode like you all did. I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was mind blowingly great or anything.
I'm with you Steve, after my watching I more or less shrugged while Hurley's lines at the end made me roll my eyes. It was an alright episode, but I did not have much connection with the whole RA and wife story plot.