Tiger Woods Hurt In Car Accident!

I also haven't passed the bar, so I'll try to answer this.No. There seems to be nothing about this incident that could get him in hot water. Also, you can't be forced to testify against your spouse...I think. So he can't get in any trouble and nobody can make him say anything that could incriminate his wife. I don't see where this case could possibly go.It's too hot of a story right now, regardless of what happens in the next few days. Having Tiger there would have been a disaster.No he doesn't.
you are correct about not having to testify against your spouse. and you're a dick. my bar course starts in a week. wooo.I also have found I really enjoy working part time. not the paycheck but the overall lifestyle.
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it looks like his Mistress or Mistresses will be hitting the 15 minutes of fame jackpot.http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200912027740572/news/

12/02/2009 Tiger comments on current eventsBy Tiger Woods I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone. Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect. But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions. Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult. I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

There's almost nothing about this story that I'm interested in.The one aspect that I find funny/sad is all the media blowhards demanding answers from Tiger, as if they're entitled to something.

There's almost nothing about this story that I'm interested in.The one aspect that I find funny/sad is all the media blowhards demanding answers from Tiger, as if they're entitled to something.
I am just constantly disappointed in these guys who "cheat down" so to speak. You can do better, Tiger. Maybe they should call it Bill Clinton syndrome or something. Just more proof that men are not equipped to handle monogamy if women are constantly throwing themselves at them.
I am just constantly disappointed in these guys who "cheat down" so to speak. You can do better, Tiger. Maybe they should call it Bill Clinton syndrome or something. Just more proof that men are not equipped to handle monogamy if women are constantly throwing themselves at them.
Cheat down? I'm confused Do you mean he should get a higher priced hooker? Chris Rock: A man is only as faithful as his options.
Cheat down? I'm confused Do you mean he should get a higher priced hooker? Chris Rock: A man is only as faithful as his options.
I mean, if you are going to cheat on your wife, you should try to do it with a woman of equal or greater hotness. Tiger has not done so in this case.
I mean, if you are going to cheat on your wife, you should try to do it with a woman of equal or greater hotness. Tiger has not done so in this case.
His wife is a supermodel. There aren't too many women of equal or greater hotness looking to skank around with a married celeb. What he's looking for in this situation is someone of greater nastiness in bed.
I'm more interested this in the meta sense, examining the media's reaction. I mean, jesus H christ who really gives a shit if tiger is cheating on his wife. It's bad enough they do this shit to politicans, but athletes? I don't mind the gossip shows talking about this, but spending 25 % of sports center on tiger wood's love life is utter bullshit. This isn't a sports story, it's a celebrity gossip story, and I wish it wouldn't pollute sports highlight shows.
I'm more interested this in the meta sense, examining the media's reaction. I mean, jesus H christ who really gives a shit if tiger is cheating on his wife.
I think the media has been dying to take Tiger down. Just look at how big of a story it becomes when Tiger drops an F bomb after hitting an errant shot.
His wife is a supermodel. There aren't too many women of equal or greater hotness looking to skank around with a married celeb. What he's looking for in this situation is someone of greater nastiness in bed.
He's just looking for the 19th hole.
I think the media has been dying to take Tiger down. Just look at how big of a story it becomes when Tiger drops an F bomb after hitting an errant shot.
Oh, I don't think it's Tiger specifically.. I think the media is built to take any huge star down if there's a sex scandal.
KOBE
Not really the same thing since Kobe's was a criminal situation while Tiger's is strictly personal.Unless you count the $164 ticket as a criminal situation.
Oh, I don't think it's Tiger specifically.. I think the media is built to take any huge star down if there's a sex scandal.
Exactly. Starting with Woodward & Bernstein the most assured path to notoriety was through "taking someone down." Factor in that sex sells papers along with the celebrity obsessed public and stories like this explode. Not to mention, everyone loves a little schadenfreude especially when they can feel morally superior.
The usweekly "ching" at the beginning and end of it was the icing on the cake for me
This is spot on
Not really the same thing since Kobe's was a criminal situation while Tiger's is strictly personal.Unless you count the $164 ticket as a criminal situation.
Let's see, it's turning into a sex scandal and I was replying to "QUOTE (BigDMcGee @ Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009, 11:31 AM) Oh, I don't think it's Tiger specifically.. I think the media is built to take any huge star down if there's a sex scandal.so ....
Let's see, it's turning into a sex scandal and I was replying to "QUOTE (BigDMcGee @ Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009, 11:31 AM) Oh, I don't think it's Tiger specifically.. I think the media is built to take any huge star down if there's a sex scandal.so ....
So your other example that the media is built to take any huge star down if there's a sex scandal is the Kobe Bryant situation, yes? This is what you're saying?My point was that you shouldn't use that example because there were other mitigating factors besides it just being a sex scandal. Part of the big story was that one of the best players in the NBA in his prime was facing significant jail time.Edit: I don't actually disagree with the premise, by the way.
So your other example that the media is built to take any huge star down if there's a sex scandal is the Kobe Bryant situation, yes? This is what you're saying?My point was that you shouldn't use that example because there were other mitigating factors besides it just being a sex scandal. Part of the big story was that one of the best players in the NBA in his prime was facing significant jail time.Edit: I don't actually disagree with the premise, by the way.
Ah I see, I think I forgot that he was actually looking at jail time because that chick was so obviously out of her mind to even say it was rape (IMO of course). So I had it in my mind that it was just a sex scandal.