Me Again Pokervt

I went to pokervt and was looking at the some of the testimonials and there was one that caught me eye. Person went by the screen name A 10 suited. He was saying how every time he was the first one in the pot he did the same raise again and again. That got me wondering is that what I'm suppose to be doing regardless of my hole cards? Please some feed back. Forum member Anthony C. Sorry for not posting this in my first post.

I went to pokervt and was looking at the some of the testimonials and there was one that caught me eye. Person went by the screen name A 10 suited. He was saying how every time he was the first one in the pot he did the same raise again and again. That got me wondering is that what I'm suppose to be doing regardless of my hole cards? Please some feed back. Forum member Anthony C. Sorry for not posting this in my first post.
Your preflop raise amounts should always be the same except when raising out of the blinds, IMO. This way you dont give away information about your hand by how much your preflop raises are. if you always raise 4X from blinds, and 2.5 x everywhere else, you will not give away the strength or weakness of your hand as if you sized your raises according to your holdings.As for your other post, i would just buy a membership at pokervt, very good instructional tool.
Your preflop raise amounts should always be the same except when raising out of the blinds, IMO. This way you dont give away information about your hand by how much your preflop raises are. if you always raise 4X from blinds, and 2.5 x everywhere else, you will not give away the strength or weakness of your hand as if you sized your raises according to your holdings.As for your other post, i would just buy a membership at pokervt, very good instructional tool.
Thanks for the reply. But something you said confused me. The ( everywhere else). If possible can you make me understand that, please and thank you.
Thanks for the reply. But something you said confused me. The ( everywhere else). If possible can you make me understand that, please and thank you.
If I may...the everywhere else means every other position other than the blinds.

What i mean is, for example...you have AK in the SB or BB....you'd raise 4X from there...but from all other positions (Early, middle, Late) you'd raise 2.5X with the same hand. The main point of my post was to say be uniform in your raises, dont raise 3X with A9 and than 10X with AA, etc. Whatever you decide to raise preflop, make sure its the same with all hands

Being consistent with your raises makes it hard for people to pick up on any type of betting pattern you may have. That is a real good thing as I find that betting patterns is a big tell for some people.