I haven't been following this thread, has anyone commented on how cold it is recently?
Yes. The conclusion was that it had to do with the fact that it's WINTER.
  • Like 1
  • Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boom. It's on page 2 now.

Hmm. I wonder if anything significant has happened in the past 100 or so years that might affect global warming. I mean, I can't think of a single damn thing. Not one.

Posted Images

Ah yes, but not just any old winter, it's an AGWinter
Ah yes, but not just any old winter, it's an AGWinter
It's obv. a real crisis, and has nothing to do with Al Gore and the Liberals wanting $$$ and power.......True story
yeah, turns out global warming doesn't actually "warm" anything, it actually makes it colder! predictions schmedictions.
No...global warming does warm the planet. Unfortunately for the left, the planet has a few tricks up her sleeve to combat this unnatural warming and can cool herself off faster than a hot chick about to leave the bar with ...well someone like you/me at midnight just as a rugby team walks in.In other words, the planet is actually capable of surviving automobiles that burn fossil fuels since volcanoes do that in larger volumes by a factor of 10,000+ and have been for 6,000 years.
In other words, the planet is actually capable of surviving automobiles that burn fossil fuels since volcanoes do that in larger volumes by a factor of 10,000+ and have been for 6,000 years.
Well yeah, but are people? We don't really survive volcanos so well either.
this thread has taken a turn for the hilarious!
We may as well have some fun, there is nothing left to argue over now that the science is really settled.....Group Hug!
Well yeah, but are people? We don't really survive volcanos so well either.
Talk to Anakin Skywalker.

Could someone please possibly ask Al Gore if this global warming was the culprit behind the 20+ inches of snow that we have had in Nebraska over the last 2 weeks? Also, is the intense warming the reason that we will break a 100+ year record for lowest temperature of negative 20 degrees f? I reall do believe that the warming that I am experiencing right now is worth spending billions of taxpayer $$$'s on. As a matter of fact, it is very urgent. If we do not act now, we might even get colder......or I mean warmer. Does anyone else find this as Ruh-tarded as I do?

Could someone please possibly ask Al Gore if this global warming was the culprit behind the 20+ inches of snow that we have had in Nebraska over the last 2 weeks? Also, is the intense warming the reason that we will break a 100+ year record for lowest temperature of negative 20 degrees f? I reall do believe that the warming that I am experiencing right now is worth spending billions of taxpayer $$$'s on. As a matter of fact, it is very urgent. If we do not act now, we might even get colder......or I mean warmer. Does anyone else find this as Ruh-tarded as I do?
Only if by "this" you are referring to the post you just made.
Only if by "this" you are referring to the post you just made.
And with that, all the love was lost............Did not even begin to start the grouphug dammit.
Well I don't think our friend VB could disagree with this line of logic, part of which he is on the record now as agreeing with (i.e point number 1).1. It is now settled that the science is not settled - the current climatology models have little to no predictive capability.2. Billions are being spent to combat a doom and gloom forecast from these useless models3. That result is retarded.For fun though, whenever we notice how friggin cold it is, beyond what is normal, we like to complain about this extreme cold and emphasize point number 1. This riles some folks up for some reason.....Now wherez ma group hug????
Serious question: Do you really think that the amount of snow in Nebraska in the middle of this particular winter is evidence against the theory of global warming?
Serious answer: Let's not interchange the terms "theory of global warming" and "global warming" here. To most, "global warming" means the earth is supposed to be getting hotter. And every observation of colder than normal temperatures is obviously just a single datapoint in an extremely long time series. But a colder than average temperature observation, while just a single observation, is nonetheless still a data point against the theory that the earth is getting hotter. The collection of all these data points (i.e pure and not manipulated or not included as the case may be by the IPCC crowd) seems to indicate that the earth has been cooling over the past 10 years or so.So at the end of the day, in a very minute way, a colder than average temperature observation can be seen only as a data point which will not support the hypothesis that the earth is getting hotter. Simple as that.If the 'theory of global warming" predicts that winters will be colder and summers hotter than normal, than good for it, but we ain't seeing the "hotter than normal summers" lately either. So maybe that theory is only half right. Or further, maybe the "theory of global warming" should be revised to predict colder than normal winters and colder than normal summers. So is that why they renamed it as "climate change"?
Serious question: Do you really think that the amount of snow in Nebraska in the middle of this particular winter is evidence against the theory of global warming?
in 2 weeks, mixed with 100 year record low temps of negative 20 degrees..............very much so, BUT..... the main thing I think it goes against is: SPENDING BILLIONS OF DOLLARS to help fill Al Gore's pockets.