Photography From Wwii

In another image, precise as a hole punch through a sheet of paper, craters surround a Nazi doodlebug factory in an extraordinary photograph showing the devastation wreaked by an Allied bombing raid.The date is September 2, 1944 and the place Peenemunde, a village on the Baltic, where the terrifying weapons Adolf Hitler hoped would win the war for Germany were designed and tested.
Sounds scary to me.The TV series - The World at War was great. I remember the episode on the concentration camps. Pretty gruesome.

My wife and I traveled to Paris and visited the Normandy area for several days a few years back. I highly recommend this to anyone that has any interest in WWII history as it was the most memorable part of our trip. I had 2 uncles who fought over there (one still alive the other died as a tail gunner in a B-29 over Belgium). SO incredible. The landing beaches and the museum in Caen is not to be missed. The History channel is also running (or maybe already finished?) a series WWII in HD. I've only seen the first 2 episodes but a lot of the footage was in color and was being shown for the first time ever, after a 2 years search to archive all know WWII footage. Sobering/fascinating stuff.HBO will soon be running a Band of Brothers type series of the Pacific war soon (March?). Looks very good.

Reading the name of this thread I was expecting to see something like this:wii-776310.jpgYet, this is cool too.

you had toyou just HAD to, didnt you!?
icon_shifty.gif