Well Here's A Hand For You Superstars

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you were planning to call the 3rd shell, but is it really the right play when he knows that you know he's going to fire a third barrel? Are we really fist pump calling? As we see, he figured you were going to call that benign river, so he gave up. unless you've got some personal history with him, I'd assume if he does fire that he's got kk+, because a bluff against you rates to work like neverhe's not a -1bb rakeback pro; he's a thinking, solid winnerbleh I guess it doesn't matter; it's not even $200 to call into a pot over $400. he has to be bluffing at least 20% of the time...

He set up his sizing really poorly which put him down a notch imo too. He should have bet each street smaller to shove the river. It makes it seem like he isn't planning the hand out ahead of time but taking each street as like a completely new situation. I really think he's a meh reg that just knows how to use position and be aggro but isn't really thinking through possible holdings. Like he probably gave up cuz he was like shit I don't have a big enough bet to fire on the river to get AT to fold or something like that.

I played a similar hand with QQ today :D He didn't triple barrel the river though, which was unfortunate.
feral_cow_icon.gifv1.09Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterCereus No Limit Hold'em $1/$2 - 6 playersButton PENGUINS25: $408.35 SB PAULALLAN: $265.70 BB UPAY4NZ: $106.35 UTG DABRONXBOMBR: $249.40 UTG+1 RAOUL_DUKE1: $224.19 CO Hero: $379.00 Preflop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with :ts: :qh: (6 players)DABRONXBOMBR folds, RAOUL_DUKE1 calls $2, Hero raises to $10, PENGUINS25 raises to $34, 3 folds, Hero calls $24Flop: ($73.00) :3h: :club:: :D: (2 players)Hero checks, PENGUINS25 bets $50, Hero calls $50Turn: ($173.00) :5c: (2 players)Hero checks, PENGUINS25 bets $120, Hero calls $120River: ($413.00) :D: (2 players)Hero checks, PENGUINS25 checksHero showed :4h: :jh:, Two Pair, queens and nines Hero won $409.50(Rake: $3)Not that interesting... he had A8hh
Fail.the only thing similar is the fact that you were both OOP.
Fail.the only thing similar is the fact that you were both OOP.
It's the exact same type of hand. Call a 3b OOP deep, let villain hang himself. If he fired river it'd be exactly the same....
It's the exact same type of hand. Call a 3b OOP deep, let villain hang himself. If he fired river it'd be exactly the same....
not even close.there was a limp, you raised, a re-pop. limp folded.in the other hand it was a raise, call. repop(squeeze)you're both OOP. Yoou have a strong hand, QQ. he had a mediocre hand for the situation AQyou hold an over pair on the flop vs a villain you hold stats on.he flopped TP on a scary board vs an unknown.You check/called because QQ is a strong hand.he check called because... we dont know.your river went straight to showdown and QQ held.his river was calling a shove in hopes it was a squeeze.seriously, the only similarities here is that 3 people entered the pot pf. and then became 2 players. and our hero is OOP.nothing else about it is similar.your hand plays exactlly how you played it.his hand was very foggy from the start
K
Would you like to borrow my double facepalm picture?Something I always find interesting with the whole sizing problem, is that when people size to make the river a shove I'm way more likely to snap them off because it's a bluff more often. But you're getting such good odds with a poorly sized river bet that it also becomes easy to call. That is some lowdown circular shiznit.
Maybe instead of arguing a moot point you should listen to tskillz and you might learn something.
Dead to me
Maybe instead of arguing a moot point you should listen to tskillz and you might learn something.
If i saw it as a moot point, i wouldnt have replied.I quoted Tskillz hoping he would weigh in with why he felt it was very similar. I pointed out why I thought that was incorrect.I voiced my opinions to let other posters, and viewers see how the hands are different imo, and maybe they can judge situations accordingly for themselves in the future..Its a strategy forum, we're all here to learn from each other, and to improve, and because we enjoy the discussion. I dont know who you are, but maybe you should start listening to me, you might learn something.
and which specifically? please do tell...
I know you're not actually asking me to "learn, improve and enjoy the discussion" but to just argue and get defensive. I'm not going to find all your jems but here's a good one anyway.
exactly. You don't call a shove. You're beat. If he flats turn. You check/call river. Remeber there's an all in. Or if you feel you're beat. Check/fold. Either way you're losing the min. You're either way ahead or way behind on this turn. And with the all in player we need to start thinking, he probably won't drybluff us much. If he does. See what he has when he showsdown and make note.
So much lol here. You're telling him to bet for information. Then you tell him to c/c or c/f? How's he going to know which is best? Why do you think c/c is good? You simply state an action and give no reasoning for it.
If i saw it as a moot point, i wouldnt have replied.I quoted Tskillz hoping he would weigh in with why he felt it was very similar. I pointed out why I thought that was incorrect.I voiced my opinions to let other posters, and viewers see how the hands are different imo, and maybe they can judge situations accordingly for themselves in the future..Its a strategy forum, we're all here to learn from each other, and to improve, and because we enjoy the discussion.
The fact that you're arguing such a stupid little point here is why the good posters don't post here much anymore.
I know you're not actually asking me to "learn, improve and enjoy the discussion" but to just argue and get defensive. I'm not going to find all your jems but here's a good one anyway.So much lol here. You're telling him to bet for information. Then you tell him to c/c or c/f? How's he going to know which is best? Why do you think c/c is good? You simply state an action and give no reasoning for it.
lol? what? you take a post from another thread, show no context, and then ask.. why am I suggesting these plays?and If i remember correctly, that post was pretty self explanatory. I told the guy he was beat, and that shoving was a poor play. His results were exactly that.next?
The fact that you're arguing such a stupid little point here is why the good posters don't post here much anymore.
You do realize that I left these forums about a year ago. rarely ever posted or visited. throughout tat time, many of the good players slowly left. when i came back this month and started posting agian, I noticed absoluetly ZERO action in these strategy sections.I would think the reason all the good posters left was mainly due to people like you badgering people who actually spend time to give skilled advice.
I don't agree with everything he posts, but RT generally makes quality posts, and has done so for years.I have no idea who you are however.
and you shouldnt. I didnt always agree with Acid_Knight but i did learn a lot from him. if you can learn shit that makes you a better player. than so be it. (even if its what NOT to do. )
lol? what? you take a post from another thread, show no context, and then ask.. why am I suggesting these plays?You do realize that I left these forums about a year ago. rarely ever posted or visited. throughout tat time, many of the good players slowly left. when i came back this month and started posting agian, I noticed absoluetly ZERO action in these strategy sections.I would think the reason all the good posters left was mainly due to people like you badgering people who actually spend time to give skilled advice.
You asked which advice I thought was horrendous, and you got it.I'm not saying you specifically are the reason for people leaving, but posts like the one you made.Anyway, thats all I have to say. So gl with being a superstar!
You asked which advice I thought was horrendous, and you got it.I'm not saying you specifically are the reason for people leaving, but posts like the one you made.Anyway, thats all I have to say. So gl with being a superstar!
I just reviewd that thread.The guy was OOP vs 2 players. and 1 was all in pf.flop went check.checkturn bricked, i said fire the turn because he's ahead of the pf all in. and probably ahead of villain. if villain flats, Id slow down on the river.if villain pushes the turn, i'd fold.I said villain wont be dry bluffin pot much.He however check/shoved the turn, and got called by a set. So I went back over my advice. To show him incase he missed it. If it was so "horrendous" why didnt you weigh in???seriously.
If it was so "horrendous" why didnt you weigh in???
Because my advice isn't very good in these spots either. But my point is if I'm recognising that your advice on a hand sucks, then it really does.This is why you need to listen to people like tskillz (instead of arguing things that really don't matter), and is the same reason why I do and don't post, because they're a lot better than me, and you.
I'm nobody. :club:
You're good at pissing off fighter, which makes you somebody in my book. Well it would if you weren't...
Because my advice isn't very good in these spots either. But my point is if I'm recognising that your advice on a hand sucks, then it really does.This is why you need to listen to people like tskillz (instead of arguing things that really don't matter), and is the same reason why I do and don't post, because they're a lot better than me, and you.
dead to me...again