Well Here's A Hand For You Superstars

Meh, our path is pretty clear. If you call pf here you're felting your top pair hand unless it comes like 4 straight or 4 flush. You just c/c and let him have rope, I don't love the pf call, but I don't play on Tilt and maybe the games are much more aggro than on AP. My default would not be to assume button would squeeze here. I also don't think it's a great spot to squeeze, UTG+1 has a pretty strong range. I dunno I'm vvvv passive pf.
They are, well I don't know about msnl but 200nl is certainly way different across the two sites. And I think it's a good squeeze spot because unless he 4bets you can just barrel UTG+1 off most hands on almost any board. Unless they're a station like me. But yeah results, for anyone who cares, was a tanked and realised there weren't many value combos of hands here, like 12 or something, so I called and he flipped over Q9o
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are, well I don't know about msnl but 200nl is certainly way different across the two sites. And I think it's a good squeeze spot because unless he 4bets you can just barrel UTG+1 off most hands on almost any board. Unless they're a station like me. But yeah results, for anyone who cares, was a tanked and realised there weren't many value combos of hands here, like 12 or something, so I called and he flipped over Q9o
so since you're kinda being results based, I can argue the idea of raising pf wins us this pot uncontested. if we come over the top to say 66. do you really see him flatting with Q9o?
This is like my 15th hand at the table, villain is an unknown, 0/0 over 15 hands. I searched him though and he's 6 tabling 1/2. feral_cow_icon.gifA pack of feral cows chewed their cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $1/$2 ante $0.30 - 6 playersBB: $130.45 UTG: $460.55 UTG+1: $241.40 CO: $411.70 (Hero)Button: $400.00 SB: $208.10 Preflop: ($4.80) Hero is CO with :3h:club: (6 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $6, Hero calls $6, Button raises to $26, 3 folds, Hero calls $20Flop: ($62.80) :qh:5c:4h (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $40, Hero calls $40Turn: ($142.80) :ts (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $80, Hero calls $80River: ($302.80) :jh (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $253.70, and is all in
I think vs. a 0/0 6 tabling villain we know nothing about, calling a 13BB PFR w AQ off is a recipe for disaster.

I dont get it.No one in this thread thinks your call with AQo OOP is good, and you've adjusted all your info on the count that its results based.If this guy shows up with AK here are you posting this hand?The idea that you can pin point a player because hes a reg at a certain limit on a certain site is ridiculous.I play AK the exact same way this guy squeezed you with Q9o.

I'm glad that we're playing one street poker. Considering any other decisions made would definitely be a waste of energy.
I think you're the one playing 1 street poker.you fail to realize that the reason we are against calling the raise is because we're thinking about future streetsThis hand is just horrible. face it. You call stationed your way down. You give no reason for calling the turn, then you give analysis that only 1 combo of AA KK is left.. but thats on the river.if the river is a 2c are you c/folding?

Can I nominate this for thread of the year?And on similarily weirdly played pots, I'll share this story: 6 handed home game, everyone limps, big blind raises to 25 big blinds. He gets one customer and shoves 75 big blinds into the pot of 58 blinds on 368 rainbow board. The other guy folds and the big blind proudly turns over 33. He still insists that it was "the right play", because he won a 58 big blind pot with it...As for the hand - it's a fold pre. Check-calling off your whole stack with the hunch that the other guy is bluffing is a pretty bad action plan. Good for you that it worked out.

hahaha thats so perfect for this threadi swear i've said "what" like 15x while reading this
LOLKrup thats bad.if you cant see how this hand is a spew more often than not, I'm not sure what else to do but quote smashDo you see why?
LOLKrup thats bad.if you cant see how this hand is a spew more often than not, I'm not sure what else to do but quote smashDo you see why?
just cause i quoted his picture doesn't mean i was agreeing with him loli fold preflop a ton but i also 3-bet UTG+1s raise quite a bit. i don't necessarily think his range is "very strong" for 6M like tskillz said. i rarely station down three streets like this because rarely do we see a 4BB which may be the reason he posted this in the first place.
Glorified brag post maybe? Thats what it certainly seems like to me now.
Agreed. I would say taking this line will result in losing this situation 9 out of 10 times, and he happened upon the one time the guy had air. If you have no reads on a villian at all, assuming he squeezes pf and bluffs every street 200bb deep (and yes, you can only beat a bluff here), is very very bad.

Just to be clear to (Jaoti - babylondonks)I'm not faulting the idea, or the approach. And i like his final assessment on the amount of combo's shove this river.But to get there was a fluke. If Jaoti wants to weigh in on his river thought process if the river bricks "2 of clubs" for example.what is the reasoning to call a shove?

Babylon's a dick.
Agreed.Yeah I wrote out a really long reply on Monday and as I was about to finish my laptop died and I haven't had any access to a pc since then. I forget what stance I really had on this hand, because the pre-flop call is questionable, but a spot that I think is somewhat +ev in the right spot (this probably not being one of them). I think the more interesting decisions are postflop though and I guess the object of this hand was to make sure you always consider ranges and possibilities rather than just making a decision; whether or not it's correct in this case seems to be the point of contention. But still something to consider nevertheless.Just kidding, it's a glorified brag post.
I played a similar hand with QQ today :club: He didn't triple barrel the river though, which was unfortunate.
FYP, if he barreled the river you would have found a way to fold :ts
Post the HH imo
feral_cow_icon.gifv1.09Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterCereus No Limit Hold'em $1/$2 - 6 playersButton PENGUINS25: $408.35 SB PAULALLAN: $265.70 BB UPAY4NZ: $106.35 UTG DABRONXBOMBR: $249.40 UTG+1 RAOUL_DUKE1: $224.19 CO Hero: $379.00 Preflop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with :ts: :qh: (6 players)DABRONXBOMBR folds, RAOUL_DUKE1 calls $2, Hero raises to $10, PENGUINS25 raises to $34, 3 folds, Hero calls $24Flop: ($73.00) :3h: :club:: :D: (2 players)Hero checks, PENGUINS25 bets $50, Hero calls $50Turn: ($173.00) :5c: (2 players)Hero checks, PENGUINS25 bets $120, Hero calls $120River: ($413.00) :D: (2 players)Hero checks, PENGUINS25 checksHero showed :4h: :jh:, Two Pair, queens and nines Hero won $409.50(Rake: $3)Not that interesting... he had A8hh