Random Entertainment Observations

Is it too early to start a thread about this movie?I found out about it from this snippet in a Grantland column:"Just last month, a story circulated around Hollywood that Quentin Tarantino was desperately pursuing Will Smith as the lead for his next movie, Django Unchained, in which a freed slave teams up with a German bounty hunter to find his wife and ends up killing a bunch of plantation owners along the way. Supposedly the script is incredible. Supposedly Smith's agents at CAA and even his manager begged him to play Django. And supposedly, Smith turned it down. He didn't want to risk what he had. He didn't want people to meet Angry Slave Will Smith. He didn't want to mess with a sure thing."
You and I, SJ. Brothers.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

say that to LLY 's face like a real man

Oh my ****ing GOD! http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/   Bob is not only in the best Drama on tv, but he's going to be in the best comedy t

You misspelled insipid.

I was going to bump that 50 Favorite Movies thread with my 5 favorite movies of 2011, but it turns out I don't have 5 favorite movies.In doing my research for the ill-conceived and canceled post, I found out that the new Pirates movie has made over a billion dollars worldwide. A billion. Over 75% of that is outside the U.S. Anyway, here's my three favorite movies of 2011: Super 8, Source Code, X-Men. It's been a very science fictiony kind of year I guess.

In doing my research for the ill-conceived and canceled post, I found out that the new Pirates movie has made over a billion dollars worldwide. A billion. Over 75% of that is outside the U.S.
I heard that it was the whole franchise that made over a billion, not just the one movie.(edit) nevermind just looked it up, you are correct.
I heard that it was the whole franchise that made over a billion, not just the one movie.
The whole franchise has probably made a billion in the U.S. alone.Edit: And apparently the previous Pirates made over a billion worldwide. Good lord, this thing is making a lot of money. The only way they stop making these movies is if Johnny Depp says no, but they'll probably offer him too much money to say no. What's $50 million when you're grossing a billion?2nd Edit: Apparently he earned $61 million for this one. So I guess that ship has already sailed.3rd Edit: Um, no pun intended.
I was going to bump that 50 Favorite Movies thread with my 5 favorite movies of 2011, but it turns out I don't have 5 favorite movies.In doing my research for the ill-conceived and canceled post, I found out that the new Pirates movie has made over a billion dollars worldwide. A billion. Over 75% of that is outside the U.S. Anyway, here's my three favorite movies of 2011: Super 8, Source Code, X-Men. It's been a very science fictiony kind of year I guess.
I also enjoyed Source Code, which surprised me. I guess with expectations so low, it didn't have anywhere to go but up.I was looking forward to The Adjustment Bureau and I was let down.
I was looking forward to The Adjustment Bureau and I was let down.
Obama actually called Matt Damon out during the Correspondents Dinner over how bad that movie was...
The Good Guys is pretty awesome and hilarious. Too bad it got cancelled, but the one season they made is highly entertaining. Bradley Whitford (West Wing) is outstanding. Another great show from last season that got cancelled was Terriers. I feel like we've already discussed how great that show was, but yeah. Check 'em out if you haven't. The Good Guys is basically a parody, and Terriers is much more dramatic but also funny.

I just discovered the greatest television show of all time. H20: Just Add Water. It's an australian show about three teen girls who become mermaids and then have to hide it as they go about their lives. Available on Netflix streaming. It's pretty great, one drop of water and boom, huge fins appear and their clothes are also somehow transformed into little scaley bikini tops. Somehow when they dry off they are right back in whatever they were wearing before. Spectacular.

The whole franchise has probably made a billion in the U.S. alone.Edit: And apparently the previous Pirates made over a billion worldwide. Good lord, this thing is making a lot of money. The only way they stop making these movies is if Johnny Depp says no, but they'll probably offer him too much money to say no. What's $50 million when you're grossing a billion?2nd Edit: Apparently he earned $61 million for this one. So I guess that ship has already sailed.3rd Edit: Um, no pun intended.
I thoughly enjoyed this post and it's edits. $61 million! That's going to buy a lot of stylish glasses and silk scarves. Remember when a whole movie costing $61 million was crazy?
The Good Guys is pretty awesome and hilarious. Too bad it got cancelled, but the one season they made is highly entertaining. Bradley Whitford (West Wing) is outstanding.
I hated that show when it was on...it just seemed horribly conceived, badly cast, just a cluster from start to finish. I love Bradley Whitford which is why I started watching but I only made it through the first few episodes before pulling the "this sucks" card and cancelling it on my DVR.
I hated that show when it was on...it just seemed horribly conceived, badly cast, just a cluster from start to finish. I love Bradley Whitford which is why I started watching but I only made it through the first few episodes before pulling the "this sucks" card and cancelling it on my DVR.
I can understand not liking it, but badly cast? I thought Whitford was completely perfect for the role and he played it excellently, and Tom Hanks' kid was pretty good as the straight-guy too. And the love-interest is sexy and adorable. It's not really a cop show though, it's a comedy, and I think it's pretty funny/entertaining. I've still only seen the first 6 or 7 episodes and the plot is always ludicrous, but that's the point - it's a parody.
I thought Air Force One was entertaining.
Air Force One was completely awesome. Get off my plane! And there were other awesome parts. But that was still almost 15 years ago, and I don't see anything decent since then.
Gogogogo Peter Dinklage!
Damn right...Not sure anyone else had as much screentime or (at least) made as much of it as Dinklage did in GoT, except maybe Sean Bean. The woman who plays Lady Stark is pretty good and Jon Snow isn't as engaging as Tyrion Lannister. Best character from a Westeros-load of excellent characters...Props for Peter!
I can agree that Modern Family is a very good show, but 4 guys in one category? Give me a break.
Who would you leave out? All of them are great. My vote is for Eric Stonestreet.