Random Entertainment Observations

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

say that to LLY 's face like a real man

Oh my ****ing GOD! http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/   Bob is not only in the best Drama on tv, but he's going to be in the best comedy t

You misspelled insipid.

Is Kevin Smith trying to become the worst director of all time, or am I just out of the loop as to what's good?

http://trailers.appl...ent/yogahosers/

it's going to be his "horror" trilogy that started with tusk. honestly, i much prefer listening to the dude talk than i enjoy watching his movies anymore.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

tried to catch up on The Night Of. found episode 1 to be glacial and predictable but was going to hang in there because everyone raves about it. tried to watch episode 2 from HBO on demand and they have episodes 1, and 3-5 available but not episode 2. that was enough to make me tapout.

tried to catch up on The Night Of. found episode 1 to be glacial and predictable but was going to hang in there because everyone raves about it. tried to watch episode 2 from HBO on demand and they have episodes 1, and 3-5 available but not episode 2. that was enough to make me tapout.

I watched the 1st 15 minutes of episode 1 to see if it's one of those shows that I can't wait to watch each week and then I binge watch a 2nd time later. It also didn't grab me enough but I will watch on demand when the whole season is done.

Stranger Things, now there's a show worthy of your time.

Wow I was just about to come on here and post the same thing.

Finished it last night. I don't know anything about the stock market, but I think I missed out by not investing in Netflix when they first started.

Wow I was just about to come on here and post the same thing.

Finished it last night. I don't know anything about the stock market, but I think I missed out by not investing in Netflix when they first started.

Funny you mention that. I went on a sentimental Blockbuster Deep dive about a week ago, because their collapse is so startling, overnight and interesting to me. I guess they had a chance to buy netflix for something like 50 Million when it was a fledgling company. Oops.

Funny you mention that. I went on a sentimental Blockbuster Deep dive about a week ago, because their collapse is so startling, overnight and interesting to me. I guess they had a chance to buy netflix for something like 50 Million when it was a fledgling company. Oops.

Maybe Netflix next series should be The Rise and Fall of Blockbuster: How the Block was Busted

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So what are the hot new shows this fall? So far I can't think of any previews that have made me feel like watching, quite the opposite actually. Lethal Weapon and the chick baseball player look awful.

Prison Break fool. But I think it actually got pushed back to next year. Because it's gonna be so good.

in unrelated but more impotent news, the Ring is getting a reboot. Not sure how I feel since the original (American) version holds a special place in my heart.

• 1 month later...

I read this second hand and haven't attempted to verify it yet buuuuUUUUUUUuuut

I read that they have a plot sketched out with a fairly definitive ending in mind, enough for 5 or 6 seasons. So I'm hopeful that they won't lose the plot and damage the quality due to the success of the premiere.

Is the show a remake of the Yul Brynner movie with the same name and similar theme?

I decided to look it up.

"Westworld is a 1973 science fiction Western thriller film written and directed by novelist Michael Crichton and produced by Paul Lazarus III about amusement park robots that malfunction and begin killing visitors. It stars Yul Brynner as an android in a futuristicWestern-themed amusement park, and Richard Benjamin and James Brolin as guests of the park.

Westworld was the first theatrical feature directed by Michael Crichton.[3] It was also the first feature film to use digital image processing, to pixellate photography to simulate an android point of view.[4] The film was nominated for Hugo, Nebula and Saturnawards, and was followed by a sequel film, Futureworld, and a short-lived television series, Beyond Westworld. In August 2013,HBO announced plans for a television series based on the original film, which debuted on October 2, 2016."