Random Entertainment Observations

i knew it was ridiculous to hope for, but I really didn't want BB to do well tonight. this will only encourage those assholes to break up seasons more often.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

say that to LLY 's face like a real man

Oh my ****ing GOD! http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/   Bob is not only in the best Drama on tv, but he's going to be in the best comedy t

You misspelled insipid.

well the final season of true blood has to rank right up there with the final season of dexter. just awful all the way through.

Yeah, this seems like the same awful season that True blood always has. The biggest problem with the show is they just reset every year, and carry almost nothing over from year to year, so people's personalities, motivations and what ever change RADICALLY from year to year and it's just absurd.

The show's whole appeal, for me at least, is how sexy they can make being a vampire be. This season hasn't been very sexy.

i knew it was ridiculous to hope for, but I really didn't want BB to do well tonight. this will only encourage those assholes to break up seasons more often.

BB deserved to win for that final season. But it should have been last year, you're right. TD should have won this year. But it isn't a travesty like how they continue to reward modern family and Jim parsons, I mean Jesus brvy get a clue, those shows suck.

I'm glad Aarron Paul won though, love that guy. Can't get mad at Cranston for winning either, even though I'd have voted for MM. The writing Emmy to BB is justified as well, although is again have given it to TD.

If they'd snubbed the TD director I'd have been upset. That was an easy call.

• Like 1

Yeah, this seems like the same awful season that True blood always has. The biggest problem with the show is they just reset every year, and carry almost nothing over from year to year, so people's personalities, motivations and what ever change RADICALLY from year to year and it's just absurd.

The show's whole appeal, for me at least, is how sexy they can make being a vampire be. This season hasn't been very sexy.

Also, they kept re-writing the rules for being supernatural. The most glaring example this season is vampires being able to stay awake during daylight hours without repercussion. Season 2 or 3 had a standoff between Erik and Bill in a Dallas(?) hotel room where they were both trying to stay up the longest after sunrise because they didn't trust each other not to kill the sleeping vampire. They both starting bleeding from their noses and I think they even started to crack like they were going to shatter.

I hate that I saw it through to the end.

• Like 2

All I wanted out of this season was one baby vamp jess full frontal and I would've overlooked all the other garbage.

blech ptooey on them...

• Like 1

BB deserved to win for that final season. But it should have been last year, you're right. TD should have won this year. But it isn't a travesty like how they continue to reward modern family and Jim parsons, I mean Jesus brvy get a clue, those shows suck.

I'm glad Aarron Paul won though, love that guy. Can't get mad at Cranston for winning either, even though I'd have voted for MM. The writing Emmy to BB is justified as well, although is again have given it to TD.

If they'd snubbed the TD director I'd have been upset. That was an easy call.

Lizzy Caplan was robbed. Louis kc should have taken all the comedy awards given those choices. Amy poehler also deserved to win.

It's actually unbelievable that Parks & Rec didn't even get nominated for comedy. Parks & Rec is light years better than Big Bang or many of the other crappy shows that were nominated.

I actually think Cranston should have won every Emmy from the beginning of Breaking Bad up until last season, and then lost this year to MM. MM was simply in another league in TD.

Has Cranston won previous awards? Please tell me yes.

• Like 1

It's actually unbelievable that Parks & Rec didn't even get nominated for comedy. Parks & Rec is light years better than Big Bang or many of the other crappy shows that were nominated.

I actually think Cranston should have won every Emmy from the beginning of Breaking Bad up until last season, and then lost this year to MM. MM was simply in another league in TD.

Has Cranston won previous awards? Please tell me yes.

I'm pretty sure Cranston won four times for playing Walter white.

I hate snow and Maple Leaves. I just want you to know that, Ouch.

I was just asking for a favor from a friend. Your contempt of your best friend makes me sick.

This is a hot button issue and I can't give any ground, even for you bestie. Me and big d and somebosy else are hotly debating this topic in the game of thrones thread. I have to hold the line here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i really enjoy the meltdown on comedy central.

i feel there are some comedians doing some really interesting bits there. sure, there's a few that are doing their standard "half hour comedy special" act. but there are others that are doing some really great stuff.

yeah his career is in the toilet so he went back to that old booty call who always gave it up.

I looked him up because, yeah, the last thing I know he was in was We Bought A Fucking Zoo. He apparently had a role in the latest Terry Gilliam movie, The Zero Theorem starring Christopher Waltz, which I'm really looking forward to watching.

Anyway, the point of this post is to say that he's also gonna be starring in The Martian by Ridley Scott, coming out next year. I recently read the book, and it's really really good. Very highly recommended. It's a pretty funny and exciting science fiction book, more science than fiction. "The Martian" isn't an alien but a human in the near future who is stranded on Mars after a manned Mars mission goes wrong.

The dude who wrote it was a computer programmer or something and worked on it in his spare time, then went to publishers with it and they all said no. So he gave it away for free on his website. And it blew up because it's really good, and now it's a Ridley Scott movie. I actually recommend the audiobook. Much of the book is the main character dictating his daily log entries, and it makes a ton of sense to listen to it rather than read it.

http://www.amazon.com/Martian-Novel-Andy-Weir/dp/0804139024/ref=la_B00G0WYW92_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411140800&sr=1-1