Need New Earbuds

Sorry to hijack but is their a site out there that independently reviews items like earbuds. Gonna ask for some better quality ones for Christmas(probally Monster Beats but I would like to research them a little more).

Sorry to hijack but is their a site out there that independently reviews items like earbuds. Gonna ask for some better quality ones for Christmas(probally Monster Beats but I would like to research them a little more).
monster beat products are good but alot of your money is paying for what it looks like and not the parts inside. SHURE dominates the earbud market youll learn that quick. That is if your looking for QUALITY. My guess is sennheiser probably make a pretty good pair too that would be cheaper. I dont think any of SHURE sound isolating ear buds come in under 100 after its all said and done. They have a pair that run for 500 or something stupid like that.

Poor criteria. I have and love the Sennhieser 280HDs, but the high impedance is a slight issue with my iPod and I really need another pair anyway, besides not wanting to build and carry an amp around, so I think I'm going to fire off another barrel on the Grado SR80is. I will let you know how it works out.

Earbud people: do you use earbuds exclusively, or just when you're traveling or whatever? I have such little interest in any kind of earbuds, and I've long wondered why they've become so popular. To me, having something in my ear is simply uncomfortable. So what's the deal? Explain them to me.

Earbud people: do you use earbuds exclusively, or just when you're traveling or whatever? I have such little interest in any kind of earbuds, and I've long wondered why they've become so popular. To me, having something in my ear is simply uncomfortable. So what's the deal? Explain them to me.
I've found the ones with the 'marshmallow' padding on the inside much more comfortable than headphones. And, unless I'm going to shell out $100+ for some awesome, noice-cancelling ones, I've found the sound quality better as well.I don't even know what 'kind' I have - I think they were like $12.
I use them when using my ipod and traveling, I use sennheiser over the ear at home. Ear buds take a little getting used to, but I prefer their sound to any other small headphone. After you wear them enough they aren't uncomfortable at all.
  • 1 year later...

HEY IDIOTShttp://www.amazon.com/Bose-327279-0020-Bos...4566&sr=8-1got these for christmas and they are by far the best earbuds I've ever had. fit really well, sound really good, and the cord is a good length and it doesn't slam together sending that horrible scratchy banging sound that cheaper earbud cords make. just thought I'd share.

HEY IDIOTShttp://www.amazon.com/Bose-327279-0020-Bos...4566&sr=8-1got these for christmas and they are by far the best earbuds I've ever had. fit really well, sound really good, and the cord is a good length and it doesn't slam together sending that horrible scratchy banging sound that cheaper earbud cords make. just thought I'd share.
I got some earbuds from the supermarket. They are "in ear" which means I need to remember to clean the wax off them sometime. They are very comfy, never make my ears feel sore, and they stay in really well. One annoying thing is that they sometimes make ocean noises, and they kinda amplify any sounds like when they tap against my earrings etc. What is really neat about them is the buds are magnetic so they stick together automatically, which means they are far less tanglacious than normal ear buds.
True story, I was just looking at earbuds on bestbuy.com and was gonna make a post about these.
  • 9 months later...

Damn, forgot this was about earbuds. I am looking for a new pair of over the ear headphones. Looking to spend no more than $200. Anyone have any decent recommendations. Hard to find places that let you actually listen to them before you buy them so was hoping to hear some hands on reviews from you fine folks.