Bankroll Question

Interested in peoples thoughts on how the build their bankroll as compared to cash out winnings...I started playing 7-9 tables of .05/.10 NL with a bankroll of about 175...So id run it up to 250 or so..then cash out 50 and restart at 200. Is this a common way to move up but still cash out winning. Being a college student that extra 50 or so a week can be pretty helpful but I do want to start playing .10/.25 more than .05/.10. Any input would be helpful!

Interested in peoples thoughts on how the build their bankroll as compared to cash out winnings...I started playing 7-9 tables of .05/.10 NL with a bankroll of about 175...So id run it up to 250 or so..then cash out 50 and restart at 200. Is this a common way to move up but still cash out winning. Being a college student that extra 50 or so a week can be pretty helpful but I do want to start playing .10/.25 more than .05/.10. Any input would be helpful!
Get a part-time job, that way you dont have to cashout winnings, and it helps keep the stress to a minimum when variance rears its ugly head

talking from experience. This is not a good way to build a bankroll. first.. you're underolled to 7-9 table .05/.10 NL. this means you should be buying in for close to 100 a day.Like the person before me mentioned.. find a way to make money, and keep your poker for poker.when i did my run to 10k. I only had about 2500 to show for it after I won 10k. My stats were there, but constantly taping into my BR for funds didnt help at all.I wanted to jump levels really badly but couldnt afford to take a downswing, so i had to slowly try and claw my way up. It took me a year to finally make a 1 level jump.and even then, I wasnt fully rolled for that level. If i didnt spend any of the money i was making in poker i could have made the jump in 3 months.

it all depends on your long term goals i think. Are you looking to move up the stakes as quick as possible, in an attempt to get your game to a sustainable level of income just from playing poker. If so then you need to keep your poker $$ and as noted above find a new way to make living money. If you are content to move up the ranks slower, play out of your technical BR and basically use poker as your 'part time job' to have some fun money, then you are fine. Personally, I'd do things they way you are and just enjoy college and the 'fun money'. But that's not the road to making poker anything more than a +EV hobby.

I agree with the guys, this could break you in one bad day. How would you feel if you lost the lot? I don't think you could re-deposit being at college therefore I think you should be doing more to protect what you have. Just my opinion.

Cashing out can kill your bankroll at the micro limits. I strongly urge you to try and hold off cashing out as long as possible. As other posters have said, get a part time job for your extra $50 per week.