Look Out Your Window

I'm using "window" loosely, but what does your corner of the world look like? This picture was taken in the town I was born in. Most of my family still lives in that area and I can quickly grow rhapsodic about this being the landscape of my soul. [i now live about three hours away, but the views are still pretty similar, since I'm in the Shenandoah Valley.]Hillsville_VA.jpg
My wife is from california, and on a roan trip back home from New york we drove through the shenendoah valley and she was almost in tears at the beauty there.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glorious Ozarks scenery and envious squirrel catching setup
where's the still?
Earl is my favourite <3 what breed is he, if you know?
He's an Abyssinian, with some Bengal mix (they think) other one is a nutcase shorthair. Both lap happy and purrtastic kittys. Very nice temperaments.
32_08_viridian04_z.jpgI didn't take this picture, but it is almost literally the view from my window a couple months ago (building is finished now), if I'm looking left. The monstrosity of a building across the street is part-owned by Magic Johnson, and is kind of silly. In simple terms, recession = lack of sales = renting out your fancy-ass condo units because nobody bought any. There is a pool at street-level. It's more than a tiny bit ostentatious, for the neighborhood it's in. Anyways, I have a love-hate relationship with it because the 24-hour-doorman seems to be a bit of a deterrent to the late-night drunken Polish maniacs, which is a good thing.If I walk about 3 blocks though I'm at this view:15%20November%202008%20Manhattan%20and%20the%20East%20River%20from%20Java%20Street%20in%20Greenpoint,%20Brooklyn.jpg
You can't just say that, you have to provide a picture.
I don't think one picture will do. If he takes a picture during the day, you won't see any whores.And if he takes a picture at night...

I live in a one bedroom apartment overlooking a couple of dumpsters for the complex. Livin the life obviously. Whats really an eye opener is the amount of dumpster divers there are. There is one regular diver who is a women approximatelty 70 who is always dressed nicely and comes around with her well groomed shit zhu(sp). i say on average the dumpsters get scrounged in a minimum of 10 times.

My parents filled my windows in the basement with concrete because they wanted a bigger living room. I have not seen sunlight for the last 3 days.
LOL
This was snapped from my cell phone a few months ago looking outside my office windowarrest.jpg
Safe workplace FTW
First picture: Yeah, we have pretty pink clouds too, it's called dusk.Second picture: Oh my gosh, those cats are awesome, any more pictures?
In AZ, it's from the pollution.
0132%20Bodleian%20Library%20reduced%202%20.jpgCarfax Tower. It's 13th Century I believe, and this summer a fat woman jumped off it and died right by that TARDIS phone booth:
FYP?
Rando's version of "the gym is THAT way".
Ha, I'm like Dr. Freakin' Doolittle.He actually ended up sitting on my hand and eating for about 10 minutes. Deb was on the deck and ran and grabbed the camera.Oh, and LG definately wins the thread. Pretty awesome place.
I live in a one bedroom apartment overlooking a couple of dumpsters for the complex. Livin the life obviously. Whats really an eye opener is the amount of dumpster divers there are. There is one regular diver who is a women approximatelty 70 who is always dressed nicely and comes around with her well groomed shit zhu(sp). i say on average the dumpsters get scrounged in a minimum of 10 times.
lol where abouts in kamloops do you live?

In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the Grand Canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison in the empty car-pool laneof some abandoned superhighway.Feel better, champ.

In Ireland, I live in suburbs but you can hop a wall and get into fields and nature etc. We also have the Dublin Mountains right behind us as in, once you leave our estate you start walking uphill. Makes for a lovely view that I never appreciated until I brought my girlfriend to Ireland for the first time and only noticed it because she was in awe.fc9a9c1a2bc44967ad23c66.th.jpgTel Aviv: I live about 50 metres from the beach you can see where I live but too much effort explaining.683063789a8511657733l.th.jpg