Look Out Your Window

I'm using "window" loosely, but what does your corner of the world look like? This picture was taken in the town I was born in. Most of my family still lives in that area and I can quickly grow rhapsodic about this being the landscape of my soul. [i now live about three hours away, but the views are still pretty similar, since I'm in the Shenandoah Valley.]Hillsville_VA.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, looks awesome SB. I miss having real trees like that around. Great thread idea too. This was the literal view out my window for several years...although I'm still in the neighborhood and see this every day, just not from the same angle. DSC00355.jpg

concrete.jpgMy parents filled my windows in the basement with concrete because they wanted a bigger living room. I have not seen sunlight for the last 3 days.
you can even see my apartment building (on left, green roof).
I had no idea we lived so close. You can see my private lake from your balcony. It's the further one.We should fly MK in (to split the cost, we will do your plane in, mine going back, just to be fair) and sip some Pinot from the roof top.
My post was deleted, I am annoyed.OXFORDradcliffe-camera-panorama.jpg
I wonder why. Post again if you can -- I would love to see Oxford.I'm applying to grad schools to become a Shakespeare scholar, so maybe I'll see it (or at least Warwickshire) myself someday soon.
I wonder why. Post again if you can -- I would love to see Oxford.I'm applying to grad schools to become a Shakespeare scholar, so maybe I'll see it (or at least Warwickshire) myself someday soon.
I guess the photo wasn't showing. I replaced it with a new, crapppier photo. Let me know if you still can't see it. I can offer more though. Our Bridge of Sighs: 1036_01_19---Hertford-Bridge--New-College-Lane--Oxford--England_web.jpgOne aspect of the Bodleian Library, from the quad. Note the 5 different styles of columns representing different eras of architecture:60526692.bodleianlibrary.jpgThe Bodleian Library from the quad, looking in the opposite direction:0132%20Bodleian%20Library%20reduced%202%20.jpgCarfax Tower. It's 13th Century I believe, and this summer a fat woman jumped off it and died right by that phone booth:0106%20Carfax%20tower%20reduced%202.jpgA crappy picture of our castle:Oxford_Castle.jpgUnfortunately they decided we only need one major tourist attraction in Oxford (not counting the uni) so they got rid of my favourite thing in the world, the Oxford Story, in exchnage for developing the castle. RIP Oxford Story. You were the best, creepiest historical rollercoaster ride I've ever known, and I will never forget your delicious historical odour:177223689_0cd3b49fd9.jpg
First picture: Yeah, we have pretty pink clouds too, it's called dusk.Second picture: Oh my gosh, those cats are awesome, any more pictures?
All dusks are not created equal.
meh, I was fixing the roof. It was recent, so...Here's more of the monstas....Earl:EarlPbcktsm.jpgSpazz:SpazzPbcktsmb.jpgOxford looks bloody cool