Would You Play This?

You sit on the BB Heads Up with 5 3 offsuit. You're raised 3x. Do you call? (Assume stacks are about even at 1500 and blinds are 20/40)

Because I got donkified by this in a HU match and the other player tried to convince me 'it was the right play' as I was crippled to under 100.

No i wouldn't call. Some people just overrates whatever they learn, like those who think AQ is a worthless hand and 64suited leads to riches.
wait..... 64 DOESNT lead to riches????? son of a B$%&@

A6s SB is what I raised. 8 5 5 flop 6 turn doomed me. Small HUSNG but it really irritated me.

Because I got donkified by this in a HU match and the other player tried to convince me 'it was the right play' as I was crippled to under 100.
The real question is why did he have to try and convince you. You should have been applauding his play and trying to set up rematches.

Well I'm going to have to reply now since he's hardly representing what actually happened, and that doesn't help anyone. Here is the exact history:Seat 1: theacclaimed (1,480)Seat 2: delved (1,520)delved posts the small blind of 15theacclaimed posts the big blind of 30The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to theacclaimed [5d 3c]delved raises to 90theacclaimed calls 60*** FLOP *** [8d 5s 5h]theacclaimed has 15 seconds left to acttheacclaimed bets 90delved calls 90*** TURN *** [8d 5s 5h] [6c]theacclaimed has 15 seconds left to acttheacclaimed bets 360delved has 15 seconds left to actdelved raises to 1,340, and is all intheacclaimed calls 940, and is all indelved shows [6d Ah]theacclaimed shows [5d 3c]Uncalled bet of 40 returned to delved*** RIVER *** [8d 5s 5h 6c] [Js]delved shows two pair, Sixes and Fivestheacclaimed shows three of a kind, Fivestheacclaimed wins the pot (2,960) with three of a kind, FivesIn my opinion I made a loose call, and in retrospect, yeah there's not much I can do with that hand post flop except for this unlikely situation. But its 60 chips in a heads up match that was only going back and forth, most times neither of us will hit the flop so theres nothing wrong with bluffing. This situation seems even more clever to me when you know that I am usually a very tight player, and delved knows this, so getting this hand was the best thing that could've happened.

Bet more on the flop, your bet screams a c-bet.No need to bet so much on the turn, the 6 doesn't make you stronger than you were before against anything he could be holding beside a small pocket. You seem to think you are value betting here.Fold to re-raise. You win against a bluff, a small pocket and maybe a 7x kind of hand; which all would be marginal plays by weak players.

I'm confused as to who your talking to. It seems like you're referring to my plays, but where you lose me is you're telling me to fold my set..?
you dont have a set you have tripscalling a raise OOP with 35o is bad, leading right out on this flop is questionable.but, if he's stacking off this light then im calling with 35o when its relatively cheap, too
A6s SB is what I raised. 8 5 5 flop 6 turn doomed me. Small HUSNG but it really irritated me.
also the real question in this thread isnt. would you play 3/5 off.its How do you go broke HU with 1500 @ 20/40 with A,6 on a board of 8,5,5,6
also the real question in this thread isnt. would you play 3/5 off.its How do you go broke HU with 1500 @ 20/40 with A,6 on a board of 8,5,5,6
Finally someone gets directly to the heart of the matter.delved, do you really think that after theacclaimed leads out the turn, your over shove is EVER getting called by a hand that isn't beating you? Like over pairs (77, 99, TT, JJ), anything with a 5 (A5, 45, 55, 56), and a lot of hands similar hands with an 8 in them? And all those hands are totally capable of playing it exactly the same way.Don't make bets that are never getting called by a hand you are ahead of.
Don't make bets that are never getting called by a hand you are ahead of.
Exactly. As simple as this mindset is, its so important (to me atleast) and so many amateur players never even consider it.When acclaimed leads out on the turn, and you shove, what are you putting him on??? Like the guy above said, SO many hands in his range could have been played the same way, and all would have you crushed. Its funny that you say you were "Donkified" but you played this hand so bad post flop.
Well I'm going to have to reply now since he's hardly representing what actually happened, and that doesn't help anyone. Here is the exact history:Seat 1: theacclaimed (1,480)Seat 2: delved (1,520)delved posts the small blind of 15theacclaimed posts the big blind of 30The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to theacclaimed [5d 3c]delved raises to 90theacclaimed calls 60*** FLOP *** [8d 5s 5h]theacclaimed has 15 seconds left to acttheacclaimed bets 90delved calls 90*** TURN *** [8d 5s 5h] [6c]theacclaimed has 15 seconds left to acttheacclaimed bets 360delved has 15 seconds left to actdelved raises to 1,340, and is all intheacclaimed calls 940, and is all indelved shows [6d Ah]theacclaimed shows [5d 3c]Uncalled bet of 40 returned to delved*** RIVER *** [8d 5s 5h 6c] [Js]delved shows two pair, Sixes and Fivestheacclaimed shows three of a kind, Fivestheacclaimed wins the pot (2,960) with three of a kind, FivesIn my opinion I made a loose call, and in retrospect, yeah there's not much I can do with that hand post flop except for this unlikely situation. But its 60 chips in a heads up match that was only going back and forth, most times neither of us will hit the flop so theres nothing wrong with bluffing. This situation seems even more clever to me when you know that I am usually a very tight player, and delved knows this, so getting this hand was the best thing that could've happened.
loli'm confused, what hands are going to call the all in on the turn that you beat?

I don't mind acclaimed loose call here. He assumed delved is playing higher cards so if low cards come out he has an opportunity to steal. If not he can dump the hand cheaply and move on. This was the situation he was looking for. Delved is just complaing cause he got outflopped and then stacked off with such a weak hand.

This thread is kind of a trainwreck.
you played this hand so bad post flop.
*** FLOP *** [8d 5s 5h]theacclaimed bets 90You call. Not bad. From flop texture and the information provided so far, your ace could be good. ** TURN *** [6c]theacclaimed bets 360Ok this is where you get scary bad.When he bets into you, what are you thinking?Have you put him on a hand?Do you think he's trying to buy the pot?Do you actually think your six is good?You reshove (this baffles me beyond words)delved raises to 1,340, and is all inWhy? Unless he has total air, he's not going away. There are so many hands that put you in jail. Why are you trying to create a huge pot with just one pair?Why are you trying to create a huge pot when the blinds are still relatively small?