Official "plo Is Crushing My Soul Right Now" Thread

We seem to perhaps have a good group going here, and it'd be nice if we could keep regular activity in this forum and help each other get better. Please note if you're playing by posting in this thread so others can watch and comment if desired. Currently I'm playing on Pstars, handle JsBond, AIM JsBondimo.

We seem to perhaps have a good group going here, and it'd be nice if we could keep regular activity in this forum and help each other get better. Please note if you're playing by posting in this thread so others can watch and comment if desired. Currently I'm playing on Pstars, handle JsBond, AIM JsBondimo.
I just tried to find you, but you weren't playing plo. I did get to see you get donked out of a tourney, KJ>AK though. That's not so much soul crushing as the classic "sigh and eye roll".
I just tried to find you, but you weren't playing plo. I did get to see you get donked out of a tourney, KJ>AK though. That's not so much soul crushing as the classic "sigh and eye roll".
back playing now

im down.5/1 PLO Rancher and Maplegrove on FullTiltname's LacerationSaint (i know its ghey bite me)no AIM (well i have one but i dont use/remember it) but feel free to post or PM any hands/questions*nice double with 678J vs 769T on J96 flop, turn 4 riv J. he had bottom 2 and a gutshot, nice.* and two more, topset all in vs 2 overpairs and flush draws, boat on the turn. then pair+ oesd guy called for his stack with AA and i spike

some suspect flop calls...thanks FTP for ensuring that I literally don't win one pot in an hourFull Tilt Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP1 ($2.95)MP2 ($1.98)CO ($2.90)Button ($1.77)SB ($0.73)Hero (BB) ($2)UTG ($3.25)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 :jh, 10 :D, 8 :D, J :club:3 folds, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero bets $0.08, CO calls $0.06, SB calls $0.06Flop: ($0.24) 3 :3h, J :qh, J :3d(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.19, CO calls $0.19, SB calls $0.19Turn: ($0.81) A :jh(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, CO checksRiver: ($0.81) 5 :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, CO checksTotal pot: $0.81 | Rake: $0.04Results:SB had 4 :qc, 4 :D, 7 :7s, Q :ts (two pair, Jacks and fours).Hero had 9 :club:, 10 :ts, 8 :4h, J :4h (three of a kind, Jacks).CO had 5 :5c, 4 :3h, 6 :qh, 2 :5c (straight, five high).Outcome: CO won $0.81

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 :jh, 10 :D, 8 :D, J :club:3 folds, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero bets $0.08, CO calls $0.06, SB calls $0.06Flop: ($0.24) 3 :5c, J :3h, J :jh(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.19, CO calls $0.19, SB calls $0.19Results:SB had 4 :qh, 4 :D, 7 :qc, Q :ts (two pair, Jacks and fours).Hero had 9 :D, 10 :club:, 8 :ts, J :4h (three of a kind, Jacks).CO had 5 :5c, 4 :3h, 6 :qh, 2 :4h (straight, five high).Outcome: CO won $0.81
1. you're oop. yeah you have a hand that plays great and its probably better than whatever junk they have, but even these hands are much harder to play oop. i mean if you miss you cant really c-bet, or if u c-bet a mediumish hand and get called then what? you become pretty exploitable to decent players (not that these guys are, though). I'd check and see a flop.2. ouch. if you cant start stacking these guys you gotta find a way to get some better karma points.
you really just check here w/a suited rundown? against guys who call w/bd straight draws on paired boards...you don't want to build a pot ?
i dunno i was thinking more about it. against bad players it's probably a straight value raise, and sometimes lets you rep AAxx if you want. even against decent players it basically screams AAxx and might be good to mix it up with once in a while. the problem is your position totally sucks, and when hands are generally this close in value position becomes much more important. i'd rather build a big pot preflop in position, and wait until i know i want to build a big pot out of position to do so.against these players big pots will get built, preflop or on the flop. we definately have a preflop edge, but because hands are so much closer in value our postflop edge becomes more exploitable than our preflop edge.

sounds cool. ive bn playing plo for ages. Been looking for a thread like this :)I play under Bernabus at AP. Mainly .25/.50 HU but i dabble at 6 max and .5/1I have AIM aswell - Bernabus20Would love to gethelp from somethin like this. - Im totally psyched lol!