Boxing Thread

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a beef, I must vent. this is by no means an novel observation, it's being discussed heavily all over fight forums as we speak.   Canelo is a great fighter and it made perfect sense to make th

Someone asked me "who won the fight last night", and I answered "the UFC".

My father was a pretty big boxing fan, so he was pretty sad that I grew up to be a faggot.   That being said, I was raised on Ali stories. If boxing was on TV, we watched, and my father always made

• 1 month later...

Elliot Seymour, fighter who took a dive in the fixjob against Rourke, claims that he didn't a dive and that it wasn't a fix in spite of obviously being a fix.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/1/7316517/mickey-rourke-boxing-scandal-elliot-seymour-responds-fight-fixing-allegations-purse-celebrity-news

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 100% of my roll on 5dimes on Broner.

I feel -600 is one of the best bargains I've ever gotten betting on fight sports.

I was prepared to shove anything up to -2000.

I am betting Mayweather straight but it will be Mayweather by Decision.

Its boxing, flukes are always there and they're both fighting on the downslope of their careers but it will be Mayweather by Decision. Now that CJ Ross is gone we can probably more safely say by UD but its boxing. It would be MAX LOL if Pacman was able to get it done.

• 1 month later...

Is weight a big deal in boxing. Do they ever cut weight? I just heard on ESPN that right now Manny is 2 pounds underweight which seems like a huge red flag to me as a mma fan. But I'm not sure if that matters or not in boxing

I believe Mayweather does cut and he is the physically larger man.

Size makes a difference if there's a lot of it. See the Natu Visinia fight above. Worth a watch.

i doubt weight has any effect on this fight. either manny has the speed to get to floyd or floyd still has the skill to roll him off and counter. most likely floyd outpoints him in a largely uneventful fight. maybe pac man gets desperate in the 9th or 10th and just goes for broke and floyd has to open up, but more likely i bet floyd would circle him and keep away.

Mayweather is considerably bigger. Manny started as a light flyweight, ffs. Manny has been fighting bigger fighters than him for years, and while he's been quite successful doing it, it certainly does matter.

and I'm betting your bet is Floyd by decision, which seems like an absurdly good bet.

Boy was it ever.

I had 70%'ish of my action on him straight (back when he was still pricing pretty cheap), the remaining 30% on the D. This is one of the biggest nights I've ever had since I was nearly all in across all sites (90%+).

You don't get opportunities like this very often, where there is so much delusional-fan/hype energy setting a fight that should have been -1100 into the -250 (early on) range.

Using the winnings to pick up a piece of real estate in the gentrifying areas of Baltimore, that will take a short term hit but recover with a vengeance. Hampden neighborhood and the surrounding areas seem to be the play. Thanks, #BreakTheCurfew twitter hashtag for showing me where all the young white hipsters are!

#ChicagoRealEstateWisdom

Every fight is the same. Nobody can land punches on him. People complain about how boring it is after every fight, but they always tune in to the next one. He's a douchebag, but he might be the most dominant athlete of his generation.

Yea, I bet on Floyd by D, and watched zero seconds of it. How the hell this guy conned America into watching his mind numbing style, needs to be studied for generations.

Being dominant at one defensive dimension that allows you to grind out constant, boring wins is a problem in the fight sports. At least James Toney delivered the T/KO in the later rounds whereas Mayweather just practices avoidance. Of course the catch-22 to that is prime Mike Tyson types who close out all their fights with R1 KOs aren't very good for $59 PPVs.

I am glad boxing itself is making a minor comeback but last nights fight may have set it back 10 years.