Hu Sng First Hand

HU sng. first hand blinds 10/20HERO has JJ, raises to 60villain raises 180HERO raises 500villain pushesHERO callsvillain shows AAflop: J 5 8turn: Ariver: 8maybe its too early to push JJ preflop, but im atleast seeing the flop and getting it in there, so outcome the same anyway. this is how i been running for a month and a half

What was the buy in and have you played villain hu before?I tend to play the first few hands slow to get a feel for the player, but that would involve not 3 betting this hand, which may or may not be optimal for your style. If you don't mind getting it in on the first hand and just starting again then I guess it's not the worst thing in the world just forget it and fire up another one.

see a flop first but yah it is a cooler. Against unknown villain preflop push w/ JJ is sketchy. Heck even Q's is a little sketchy. Flat the 3-bet and small ball it it is still early if you see a bad flop you can get away with plenty of chips left to play around. I push flop odviously and clearly he probably calls and turns yah but you cant do anything about that

i wasnt asking for strat advice, just bitching. if his 3bet range is JJ+ and Ak then getting it in is bad, but against an unknown im pretty sure im pretty far ahead since its like AJ+, 77+ or something. im guessing. even after he shoves if it's like 88+ and AQ, AK i still have a call. and youre not really playing small ball when over 10% of your chips are in preflop

The results are still the same as mentionedGG run better. PS, I run this bad too.
its standard jacks are only a decent hand... see a flop if he re raiseswhat do u think a re re raise means? 45? 57? 1010s? No. AA KK QQ probably. maybe akthink lol
i wasnt asking for strat advice, just bitching. if his 3bet range is JJ+ and Ak then getting it in is bad, but against an unknown im pretty sure im pretty far ahead since its like AJ+, 77+ or something. im guessing. even after he shoves if it's like 88+ and AQ, AK i still have a call. and youre not really playing small ball when over 10% of your chips are in preflop
i know you are a vet of this forum but some one had to say it...bbfidts
bbfidts
this is just as good as bbfhave you seen the stuff posted in here?and as for shove pf meaning AA KK and QQ LOLi dont play many HU sngs but i know the general mindset of NL poker players today, and 88/AT heads up is the nuts.
its standard jacks are only a decent hand... see a flop if he re raiseswhat do u think a re re raise means? 45? 57? 1010s? No. AA KK QQ probably. maybe akthink lol
Could just be a 5-bet bluff, but we don't know that since it's the first hand.
Example of why I'm learning nothing here. See above advice.
Lol, JJ is a monster on the button heads up... Plus don't sngs start with like 75bb...His value shoving range is prob 88+ ATss+ AJo+ You crush all but 3 of those hands Like OP said, not much strat here, a cooler and he was venting...

Yeah, stove says 55-45 for JJ vs that rangeAlso, like chet asked, what stakes HU sng, cuase I bet at lower limits, players stack off preflop with all pocket pairs and someone villains stack off A7ss

IPITS and standard.EDIT: Actually I play it a little differently: I would have rivered the case jack... Other than that, IPITS.