Dn And Doyle's Wsop Bet

Does anyone have a clue on how much this is for? I find it odd, because it seems like DN almost always discusses his bets (besides golf) but not on the size of this one. I know there will be some real neet reply's but I just wondered if any of the main guys on here had any idea on this.....Happy final table.

id assume it would be for a nice sum since its a must win, ill guess 250k and if someone is freerolling into hu there will be a 75k buy out
I don't even know where to start, but..1) That's kind of a random # you came up with2) Let's say it actually is 250k, then you can't just assume that someone would be able to buy out for 75k. It would obv depend on stack sizes, but assuming equal stacks, there's no way the guy whose horse is still running would let the other guy buyout for 75k when he's got 125k equity (assuming the players left are equal), which they wouldn't be because Phil would be a huge fave HU over anyone, and Moon would be a big dog against anyone. My point being, that there would be so many variables, that that's just a weird guess to make.
I don't even know where to start, but..1) That's kind of a random # you came up with2) Let's say it actually is 250k, then you can't just assume that someone would be able to buy out for 75k. It would obv depend on stack sizes, but assuming equal stacks, there's no way the guy whose horse is still running would let the other guy buyout for 75k when he's got 125k equity (assuming the players left are equal), which they wouldn't be because Phil would be a huge fave HU over anyone, and Moon would be a big dog against anyone. My point being, that there would be so many variables, that that's just a weird guess to make.
lol relax francis i was talking outta my asss !!! :club:
Ivey vs. the WorldThe bet with Bloch and the reported wager with Dwan may be the only seven-figure bets that have been commonly speculated on, but Ivey likely has a number of smaller — but still far from insignificant — bets with other people in the poker community.“He’s got some random bets, like the standing bet with Daniel (Negreanu) if they play in the same event and one wins, the winner gets $200,000,” said Greenstein. Mike Matusow also reportedly said on Full Tilt chat that he would owe Ivey $100,000 if he came back to win the main event, and Phil Gordon said on Full Tilt he would be “quaking in his boots” because of an unspecified bet that he made with Ivey.But, in an effort to offset their potential losses to Ivey and perhaps make a big score for themselves, both Negreanu and Matusow have been collecting action from other players — and this time, they’re betting on the other side of the coin, on Ivey’s ability to take down the event.Elezra said Negreanu was taking a ton of action on a must-win bet where he would have Ivey and the other bettor would have chip leader Darvin Moon. Although Moon has a large chip lead (58.93 million, or about 30% of the chips in play) and nearly six times the amount that Ivey has, he is considered one of the most inexperienced players remaining and has himself downplayed his success, saying he’s just the beneficiary of an insane run of cards.Many people believe that when it gets to short-handed play, Moon’s amateur mistakes will show and he will have a difficult time closing the deal. And, of course, many people believe if Ivey can double up early and collect a few more chips, he will be nearly impossible to stop.Ten-time bracelet winner Doyle Brunson was the first person to publicly acknowledge that he was taking that bet, announcing in a recent blog that he will be rooting on Moon at the final table.“I thought I would be pulling for Phil Ivey and Jeff Shulman at the WSOP final table. But when Daniel wanted to bet Ivey over Moon, I had to take Moon who has five times the chips of Ivey,” said Brunson. “It is a must-win bet so probably we won’t have action. Sorry Phil, I won’t be rooting for you now. Business is business.”However, just like Negreanu, Brunson eventually thought better of betting against his friend. Brunson posted on his Twitter account this morning: “I reversed my bets against Ivey. I gave Gus Hansen my 50K bet against him. I am now officially pulling for Ivey and Shulman for 135K.” (Spelling errors in original Twitter post corrected; special thanks to CP reader “Prieure” for making us aware of this info.)But Brunson was far from the only one interested in the bet.Negreanu allowed Elezra to take 10% of his action and the two quickly began collecting bets from a host of interested parties.“We’ve gotten up to $1 million already. We’ve got (John) Juanda, Howard Lederer, Nick Schulman…we’ve got six or seven people,” said Elezra.Cash-games pro Brian Rast told Card Player that he made a $25,000 wager with Negreanu and a $10,000 bet with Matusow on a must-win bet. Rast has Moon; they have Ivey.But as soon as Ivey heard about all of the bets Negreanu was collecting, he immediately announced that he wanted in on the deal.“He took half of the action, so Phil would get half a million dollars, Daniel would get $400,000, and I would get $100,000,” said Elezra.

That is a great article! I think that Ivey is pretty well insulated from loosing a lot of money. A lot of his bets are freerolls like the bets with Bloch, Dwan and DN. That is potentially $2million he can win without any potential lost money.

Brunson posted on his Twitter account this morning: “I reversed my bets against Ivey. I gave Gus Hansen my 50K bet against him. I am now officially pulling for Ivey and Shulman for 135K.” So, am I reading it correctly that this was just 50k bet?This is confusing......................

as in 100k alot, quarter mill alot, or million alot????U bet 100k a hole on golf course, so this has to be atleast half mill or so?
So how long have you worked for the IRS?
as in 100k alot, quarter mill alot, or million alot????U bet 100k a hole on golf course, so this has to be atleast half mill or so?
“We’ve gotten up to $1 million already. We’ve got (John) Juanda, Howard Lederer, Nick Schulman…we’ve got six or seven people,” said Elezra.

I thought I heard Annie Poopback say that it was for a million last night on the broadcast. I could be wrong though, considering I was hammered drunk.