Official **wsop Main Event Final Table** Thread

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, sexy play with the KQ and then he lies to his wife and says he had queens. wow
That's just so bad. If you have QQ on a 4 3 2 board you are shipping 6 million into 44 million every single solitary time. I didnt watch the previous episodes. I had no idea he was REALLY this bad. How did he make the final table??
Who would've thought there would be something more cringe inducing about this hand than folding for the final 6 million...
I'd love to hear what his wife said after she watched that

great fold there by Saout... he had Q 10 vs AA on a 10 high flop and got away from it. Overall he seemed to play the best.That push by Buchman with AQ was so unnecessary imo... ya we saw Saout's whole cards, but any call by Saout there most likely has Buchman beat. He has to have a pair or AK. I know there were a lot of bad plays like this at the FT, but I thought Buchman was a better player than that.

Kinda weird for Ivey to fold JJ there to the 3 bet from the button.
That is what I couldn't believe.... He ships kq into Schulman who is playing as tight as 72 Muslim Virgins, and then folds jj to some unknown guy for basically the same stacks I think??? And I thought DN said he was card-dead. If I was Schulman I would want to puke 8.5 million times over. He played perfect for that final table imo. Everyone else was making so many mistakes and he was just sitting back and waiting. I'm guessing if he had doubled up on his 33>JJ debacle, he would have more than likely won. That final table pretty much made everyone watching dumber.

I predict there will be major changes to the ME next year.I usually dont mind watching reruns of thw wsop, but this one will never be watched again. They shoulda just flipped coins all night.I dont like norman chad, but I must admit, he was the total star of this show. I loved his line about Moon buying his wife a new lawnmower if he won.

That is what I couldn't believe.... He ships kq into Schulman who is playing as tight as 72 Muslim Virgins, and then folds jj to some unknown guy for basically the same stacks I think??? And I thought DN said he was card-dead. If I was Schulman I would want to puke 8.5 million times over. He played perfect for that final table imo. Everyone else was making so many mistakes and he was just sitting back and waiting. I'm guessing if he had doubled up on his 33>JJ debacle, he would have more than likely won. That final table pretty much made everyone watching dumber.
It was 2 completely different situations.... Phil re-raised all in with KQ while the hand with JJ he got re-raised by Saout who was playing tight. It wasn't a call decision with JJ, it was an all in or fold. I'm not one to say it was a correct play or not, but I don't think the KQ and JJ hands should even be compared to each other.Yeah Darvin lied to his wife and family, but they had basically no reaction when he said he folded QQ, so they are just as clueless as Darvin lol. Darvin said something like "ya I was ahead, but he would have drawed out on me"... lollllllllll

Dramatic and Exciting WSOP Main Event Final Table. Great idea idea to extend the broadcast. With that dramatic of a ft it likely had really good ratings.2009 WSOP Main Event Final Table ESPN Premiere Party Card Player TV heads to the 2009 WSOP Main Event Final Table ESPN premiere party to talk to Novemeber Nine members Kevin Schaffel, Antoine Saout and this years WSOP champion Joe Cada.http://www.cardplayer.com/cptv/channels/13...-premiere-party

Dramatic and Exciting WSOP Main Event Final Table. Great idea idea to extend the broadcast. With that dramatic of a ft it likely had really good ratings.
thanks for the heads-up so I could set my dvr on for the extra time.
thanks for the heads-up so I could set my dvr on for the extra time.
I WISH I KNEW THAT!!!!DVR failed me once again. But at least ESPN really did try to not ruin the outcome to people who haven't watched it. Usually most people look at the time and see who the chipleader is before the end of the 2nd hour and pretty much will figure out who won it. At least their "live" style of play makes it more unpredictable.But still...DAMN YOU DVR

WHen i listened to the entire broadcast, i was sure IVEY played great. But i REally didnt think he caught a hand as good as jacks during some of the fast play by the young guns. Thought he possibly didnt get enuff value off his kings early on, but other than that thought he played great.then to see the jacks hand, which was a monstrous mistake, it really takes like 10hrs of A- play almost to a C- level. Especially when you look at the early stats. I had to take a break after stats thru hand 65. but of saouts first 5 raises of the day, 4 of them were 3bets. kinda shows hes playing strong and wants to be the leader in every single hand he plays. Raise/Call seem to need to be like the 99% ratio used here to saouts 3bets and ivey mucks.Add in the fact that saout has the button this play, AND its the last hand b4 dinner, notorious for thieves, Hand #112 - Antoine SaoutAntoine Saout has the button. Phil Ivey raises to 1,250,000 under the gun before Saout announces a re-raise in position. He makes it a total of 4,050,000 as the players in between quickly fold out of the way. Ivey gives his trademark staredown, perhaps a bit startled at being three-bet for the first time today. He eventually lets his hand go, and Saout takes the final pot before the players retire for dinner.

WHen i listened to the entire broadcast, i was sure IVEY played great. But i REally didnt think he caught a hand as good as jacks during some of the fast play by the young guns. Thought he possibly didnt get enuff value off his kings early on, but other than that thought he played great.then to see the jacks hand, which was a monstrous mistake, it really takes like 10hrs of A- play almost to a C- level. Especially when you look at the early stats. I had to take a break after stats thru hand 65. but of saouts first 5 raises of the day, 4 of them were 3bets. kinda shows hes playing strong and wants to be the leader in every single hand he plays. Raise/Call seem to need to be like the 99% ratio used here to saouts 3bets and ivey mucks.Add in the fact that saout has the button this play, AND its the last hand b4 dinner, notorious for thieves, Hand #112 - Antoine SaoutAntoine Saout has the button. Phil Ivey raises to 1,250,000 under the gun before Saout announces a re-raise in position. He makes it a total of 4,050,000 as the players in between quickly fold out of the way. Ivey gives his trademark staredown, perhaps a bit startled at being three-bet for the first time today. He eventually lets his hand go, and Saout takes the final pot before the players retire for dinner.
My guess is he was thinking all in or fold, and to the first 3bet vs him of the night as it says, he chose to fold to find a better situation against a weaker opponent. There were people playing alot worse than saout, pretty much everyone, and he chose not to pick this battle. Not a bad fold at the WSOP Main Event Final Table, Saout's hand was irrelevant...