This River Bet Size With The Winner?

so assume you know your hand is good on the river any reasons why a pot-bet would be better/worse than a all-in bet in terms of getting called more often?or is some other betsize better? maybe according to opponents chip size?and finally, if this switches to a live game, does your answer change? Bc you cant bet certain specific numbers in the live game?(Us)Seat 1: (2,772)Seat 2: (1,228)seat 1 is first to act on river with 66board: [3h 6h Js 2h 7d]there is 1200 in the pot, so we have 1572 , seat2 has 628 left

so assume you know your hand is good on the river any reasons why a pot-bet would be better/worse than a all-in bet in terms of getting called more often?or is some other betsize better? maybe according to opponents chip size?and finally, if this switches to a live game, does your answer change? Bc you cant bet certain specific numbers in the live game?(Us)Seat 1: (2,772)Seat 2: (1,228)seat 1 is first to act on river with 66board: [3h 6h Js 2h 7d]there is 1200 in the pot, so we have 1572 , seat2 has 628 left
i think it depends on how that guy has been playin/calling with

yeah sorry wasnt sure if the street betting matterd! DUHthey pf 3x on the button (150)we check flop/turn. they 150 flop/turn.we minraise turn to 300 they call leaving them 622 or whatever on river.

er, they have 1/2 psb left bro, just shove?
it might seem insignificant but if one way can get me a call 99% of the time and another way only gets its 96% of the time. thats a big difference.
it might seem insignificant but if one way can get me a call 99% of the time and another way only gets its 96% of the time. thats a big difference.
Can't be real.
maybe according to opponents chip size?
personally i find if they use .2" thick chips they are more likely to call you than if they use .25" chips because the latter stack is heavier.

You just crossed post 1000...Do we have to wait until post 2000 before this joke account can finally be outed and put to rest?

I don't think trying to find small edges in situations like this is all that dumb. Sure, most of the time the way in which you put the guy all in is not going to matter, but regardless of how small the extra edge is, why not try to do it in the optimal way? If it gets you one more call over a lifetime of poker, that's still one more icecream to enjoy. (Or a flatscreen tv, depending on your stakes.)In this case, I guess the way to get the most calls is to display the most signs of weakness. I guess that would include shoving rather than betting smaller, but more importantly: doing it fast, not taking your time with it.

Bet 627 and fold to a shove...really 5th level meta game stuff there.
Big difference?Assume guy calls 99% of the time if you bet 400 and 96% of the time if you bet 628...Example 1:-He folds 1% and you win 600. He calls 99% and you win 1000. 600*0.01 + 1000*0.99 = 996Example 2:-He folds 4% and you win 600. He calls 96% and you win 1228. 600*0.04 + 1228*0.96 = 1202.88How is that a big difference in making sure he calls 99% of the time?In fact, it proves that your analysis is 100% backwards and it is completely wrong to bet to make sure he calls.If he will call 400 99% of the time then your all-in river bet needs to only work 62.5% of the time to be the same...Please pick better numbers and have a better understanding of basic math if you want to prove a point.
Big difference?Assume guy calls 99% of the time if you bet 400 and 96% of the time if you bet 628...Example 1:-He folds 1% and you win 600. He calls 99% and you win 1000. 600*0.01 + 1000*0.99 = 996Example 2:-He folds 4% and you win 600. He calls 96% and you win 1228. 600*0.04 + 1228*0.96 = 1202.88How is that a big difference in making sure he calls 99% of the time?In fact, it proves that your analysis is 100% backwards and it is completely wrong to bet to make sure he calls.If he will call 400 99% of the time then your all-in river bet needs to only work 62.5% of the time to be the same...Please pick better numbers and have a better understanding of basic math if you want to prove a point.
Winnar imo... lol at this thread tho... lol all over it... :club:
Big difference?Assume guy calls 99% of the time if you bet 400 and 96% of the time if you bet 628...
i wasnt really looking for what is better, 628 or 400. i was looking for what is better 628 or AI or maybe 750, quick or stall. obv them calling the AI is gonna be better over the long-run vs just chipping them down more, esp when its a 99v96% difference
i wasnt really looking for what is better, 628 or 400. i was looking for what is better 628 or AI or maybe 750, quick or stall. obv them calling the AI is gonna be better over the long-run vs just chipping them down more, esp when its a 99v96% difference
Please explain???628 IS all in...or are you talking about what YOU type in as your bet?As in...I could bet 628 and he will call x%, I bet all my remaining chips and he calls y% or I bet 1000 and he calls z%?
Please explain???628 IS all in...or are you talking about what YOU type in as your bet?
this^

Dscoot I really think you need to stop posting ridiculous hands like this. Who gives a shit what you bet the equity might change 10 or 20 chips depending on how u rep the river.You have some serious flaws and leaks on you tourney game that are so exponentially more important than silly shit lik this.You alwy comment how you want to do the opposite of what onlie pros are doing which is equalling bad play. The good pros are balancing their ranges and making unexploitable shoves and reshoves meaning there is nothing you can really do besides plugging your own leaks and putting in volume. There is no secret way to crush these people. If there wasnit would be out by now. You need to join pxf or some other training site and start learning the basic math and stop wasti your time onthis nonsense.Also you aren't better live, everyone live at the levels you are playing is horrendous and beating them is giving you a false sense of reinforcement of how you play.

Dscoot I really think you need to stop posting ridiculous hands like this. Who gives a shit what you bet the equity might change 10 or 20 chips depending on how u rep the river.You have some serious flaws and leaks on you tourney game that are so exponentially more important than silly shit lik this.You alwy comment how you want to do the opposite of what onlie pros are doing which is equalling bad play. The good pros are balancing their ranges and making unexploitable shoves and reshoves meaning there is nothing you can really do besides plugging your own leaks and putting in volume. There is no secret way to crush these people. If there wasnit would be out by now. You need to join pxf or some other training site and start learning the basic math and stop wasti your time onthis nonsense.Also you aren't better live, everyone live at the levels you are playing is horrendous and beating them is giving you a false sense of reinforcement of how you play.
you don't think it's a joke account?