How To Play A Laggy On My Left

I'm playing 3/6 at my B&M Saturday. Typical table--loose, mostly passive, everyone joking around and having fun. I'm playing mostly TAG, partly cus I'm going through periods of card deadness, and partly cus the people are playing ATC.Anyways, I'm up about $150 or so when me and my buddy decide to take an hour and go to lunch.When I come back to the table, all the same players are there, but the player on my left, (young 20 something kid, who had been playing about the same as me, maybe a bit looser) is all of a sudden raising every single hand, sometimes not even looking, capping everything every time and has basically turned into a lagtard, and has the rest of the table pissed off.I found out later that apparently while I was gone, he had gotten into an argument with the older gentleman across the table about his (the kids) supposed slowroll of a hand, which the elder didn't appreciate, and kept bringing it up, so the kid decided to raise and show every hand.My question is: How do you play against someone like that? The strange thing is since I acted before him, and if I had a playable hand and entered the pot, he'd either fold, or limp with a decent hand. I assumed he did this because he knew I was a solid player. I wanted to get some of his action too, but if I raised, he'd usually fold. If I folded, he'd go back into lagtard mode and raise. That made trying to trap him rather difficult. I couldn't go to a seat on his left because no one else was leaving, so I was kinda stuck. Any advice?

stay tight, hold on, and let him lagtard into you when you have a hand. if he is going to fire away then you have a ton of implied odds towards nice draws

How do you expect to exploit him out of position? Even if he was spewing huge post-flop, which I'm not sure he was based on your description just playing too many hands, what are you going to do flop sets every pot you play against him and check call to the river? Plus, his strategy doesn't seem too terrible hes playing a ton of hands against terrible players and not playing hands when another good player enters the pot in front of him (you).

How do you expect to exploit him out of position? Even if he was spewing huge post-flop, which I'm not sure he was based on your description just playing too many hands, what are you going to do flop sets every pot you play against him and check call to the river? Plus, his strategy doesn't seem too terrible hes playing a ton of hands against terrible players and not playing hands when another good player enters the pot in front of him (you).
hopefully let him isolate you, lay down and let drunky barrel and then on late streets start to repop him but build a pot by opening up c/c in your arsenal, but you wanna try and open a lot and see him 3 bet ultra light but getting people behind him out. be very careful multiway with this guy because the whole table is trying to get him
hopefully let him isolate you, lay down and let drunky barrel and then on late streets start to repop him but build a pot by opening up c/c in your arsenal, but you wanna try and open a lot and see him 3 bet ultra light but getting people behind him out. be very careful multiway with this guy because the whole table is trying to get him
That's the problem, or lack of actually. Whenever op enters the pot, villain folds. This is a good thing for op, not bad.

I hope not. I try to follow SSHE as best I can and vary my play according to circumstances of whatever the table is playing.The laggy was showing respect for my coming into pots. He never raised me without a solid hand. (And yes, I even entered with less than premium hands in bad posistion sometimes to try to outflop him, but he always figured I had a hand, going as far as actually saying "If you're in, I'm out.")

I hope not. I try to follow SSHE as best I can and vary my play according to circumstances of whatever the table is playing.The laggy was showing respect for my coming into pots. He never raised me without a solid hand. (And yes, I even entered with less than premium hands in bad posistion sometimes to try to outflop him, but he always figured I had a hand, going as far as actually saying "If you're in, I'm out.")
This is good, because you can play more pots with the fish in position, instead of trying to outplay a good lag out of position.