Richard Dawkins

i think he used to be the host of "the family feud" and would inappropriately kiss the women competitors...unless of course the competitor was a black woman, then he would kiss her on the cheek.

I've been a big fan of Dawkins for a while. I haven't read this latest book yet, but I've read The God Delusion and The Selfish Gene.I've never believed in God, ever. Even when I was about 5 or 6 sitting in morning assembly at school reading prayers and singing hymns, I knew it was all a load of complete rubbish... but I don't think it was until I became aware of Dawkins that I realized how brilliantly the myth of God and religion can be dismissed. i.e - with great intelligence and the perfect mix of arrogance.I love that man.

I've been a big fan of Dawkins for a while. I haven't read this latest book yet, but I've read The God Delusion and The Selfish Gene.I've never believed in God, ever. Even when I was about 5 or 6 sitting in morning assembly at school reading prayers and singing hymns, I knew it was all a load of complete rubbish... but I don't think it was until I became aware of Dawkins that I realized how brilliantly the myth of God and religion can be dismissed. i.e - with great intelligence and the perfect mix of arrogance.I love that man.
Like I said this new one is over my head, but it's still a really good read at about 125 pages in.I can say there was a time when I believed in God, but for the past 10 years or so, just the idea of a higher being seems absurd.
I hear Balloonguy is a big fan.
i think he used to be the host of "the family feud" and would inappropriately kiss the women competitors...unless of course the competitor was a black woman, then he would kiss her on the cheek.
These two posts say it all.
I hear Balloonguy is a big fan.
Hey, little Dickie Dawkins is making a mint pushing his hatred of religion.You got entrepreneurship, freedom of speech rights, bad teeth on a Brit..he's the complete package.Too bad he's uses such poor logic.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLand this coming from a guy who thinks Wigan will someday win the FA cup. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOol :club::ts:4h:5c
I'm glad I seem to have amused you by not believing in your fairytale. That, I have no problem with.But to accuse me of thinking Wigan will win the FA Cup is too far, Sir. Too far.
Actually I was amused by the idea that you KNEW it was rubbish asa 5 year old. And just as evolution requires a strong faith that given enough time, with just the right circumstances occuring simultaneously, with no outside influence, then Wigan would certainly have as good a chance of winning the cup.
No, no...this is the basketball player from the 76'ers who played through the late 70's and 80's.And good on JamesD for using the Wigan Defense. "Too far, sir, too far"
Actually I was amused by the idea that you KNEW it was rubbish asa 5 year old.
But I did know, just like I do now. Deal with it.
And just as evolution requires a strong faith that given enough time, with just the right circumstances occuring simultaneously, with no outside influence, then Wigan would certainly have as good a chance of winning the cup.
You've gone from accusing me of being ridiculous by thinking Wigan would win the FA Cup (something I've never said), to now saying that they could.Are you drunk?
I knew it was all a load of complete rubbish..
To be perfectly fair, you didn't 'know' anything... you just really believed it. (which I assume is still the case... unless you've made a significant discovery that you haven't released the details of)
Are you ok, mentally? It's just really weird behaviour to make up a quote like that. I've just gone through my recent posts (because obviously that's not a real quote that you posted) and I never even made a post on September 18th 2009.What are you doing?

Dawkins is great. I don't believe in a God above us, but i see the energy that permeates life as a vast connectedness worth revering as a higher collective presence. 'His work is awesome, especially on 'memes'. It's a good to be able to see truth in another's work and yet disagree on philosophy. If you only work with information from your 'team', you are short changing yourself. Discounting someone flat out because you have differing views is idiotic. See bits of truth in everything.

Dawkins is great. I don't believe in a God above us, but i see the energy that permeates life as a vast connectedness worth revering as a higher collective presence. 'His work is awesome, especially on 'memes'. It's a good to be able to see truth in another's work and yet disagree on philosophy. If you only work with information from your 'team', you are short changing yourself. Discounting someone flat out because you have differing views is idiotic. See bits of truth in everything.
...says the guy that is convinced that George W. Bush singlehandedly blew up the world trade center and then somehow covered it all up.
It's a good to be able to see truth in another's work and yet disagree on philosophy. If you only work with information from your 'team', you are short changing yourself. Discounting someone flat out because you have differing views is idiotic. See bits of truth in everything.
creationism vs. evolution is not a philosophical debate. the only truth is in the empirical evidence.
creationism vs. evolution is not a philosophical debate. the only truth is in the empirical evidence.
Which all points to a single moment of creation. How is that possible? How would something come out of nothing? How would the universe originally come into being out of nothing? Everything points to a creator.
Which all points to a single moment of creation. How is that possible? How would something come out of nothing? How would the universe originally come into being out of nothing? Everything points to a creator.
I got this crow.No, the facts point to an occurrence that we have no idea what it was, but the data that we are choosing to use clearly shows that whatever it was, and we have absolutely no idea what it was, but the data clearly shows that it was not the Christian God.In fact we can be almost 99.99999999% sure that if you look at the issue exactly how we want you to, you can clearly prove that we are right about being 100% sure about our lack of understanding on what happened and it's total inability to sway us from knowing that even knowing what did happened is not necessary to know for a fact what did not happen.[Random sentence with the words brainwashing, book sales and implications of your inability to know what definition of the word atheist I am currently using]So clearly brvheart I can say that we know for a fact that what we don't know supports what we do know is true ( or at least hope is true ) and all agreeing people in any science related field will support our reasoning, even though they themselves are embarrassed of it.Sorry for capitalizing all the required words, but I think I covered your side quite well.