2000 Hand Stats

I don't use pokertracker or HUD. I'm getting into cash games more and specifically NL 6-max, to the point I'm thinking about subscribing. Until that, I was hoping to get some thoughts about my session tonight. It's obviously a small sample, but big enough to see some holes. I think I'm defending my BB too much, but what is a more appropriate % for defending?Hold'em (Real Money):1999 hands played and saw flop:- 67 times out of 389 while in small blind (17%)- 162 times out of 385 while in big blind (42%)- 155 times out of 1225 in other positions (13%)- a total of 384 times out of 1999 (19%)Pots won at showdown - 46 out of 86 (53%)Pots won without showdown - 294

I don't think this looks very bad. You are gonna need PT if you want to find and plug holes. It tracks a lot more stats for different situations that will help you understand more what you are doing (or not doing).

if you are playing like .10-.25 u can get the 60 day free trial and probably make the money to buy it in those 60 days decently easy if you put in enough hours

if you are playing like .10-.25 u can get the 60 day free trial and probably make the money to buy it in those 60 days decently easy if you put in enough hours
I too don't use any of these poker trackers or HUD. I'm not even sure I know what a HUD is. Is that all those funky numbers you see over the players name's on 2 months 2 million? I used to have PT on one of my computers b/c I cleared some deposit bonus, but that was years ago when Neteller was still kosher. I never figured out how to import the hand histories or whatever you have to do. I tried paying someone to show me, but they ended up moving to Philly and I'm in Boston so it didn't go down. Can you explain it easily to me?
I used to have PT on one of my computers b/c I cleared some deposit bonus, but that was years ago when Neteller was still kosher. I never figured out how to import the hand histories or whatever you have to do. I tried paying someone to show me, but they ended up moving to Philly and I'm in Boston so it didn't go down. Can you explain it easily to me?
It's all in the pinned thread, pokertracker information for beginners :club:

I got the PT free trial about 40 days ago...it helped me move up from 25NL to 50NL. More important than hands saw, it will tell you how many times you raised preflop vs just called which is much more important than just hands saw. It will also show you that for other players so its easy to spot the donks / nits :club:

on of the most common leaks you see is fold to 3bet, fold to cbet, and stuff like that and it is hard to keep track of if you dont have a PT

I am not an online player really, dont use any of the software that I see talked about all the time. BUT.. i did notice one thing that was very impressive to me. Your hands played selection MUST be outstanding, as from what I can tell you are winning about 88% of the hands that you play!!! Unless I am reading that wrong, you entered into a pot 384 times, and of that 384 you won 340 of them (46 plus 294). I would say though, on that note, that maybe your hands that go to showdown seem a tad bit low, but taking down pots without showing down or (I assume) not having to make decisions is a good job.To me that is just amazing!!! Not being results oriented, but decision based oriented.. your decisions seem to be dead on!! Hold'em (Real Money):1999 hands played and saw flop:- 67 times out of 389 while in small blind (17%)- 162 times out of 385 while in big blind (42%)- 155 times out of 1225 in other positions (13%)- a total of 384 times out of 1999 (19%)Pots won at showdown - 46 out of 86 (53%)Pots won without showdown - 294

I am not an online player really, dont use any of the software that I see talked about all the time. BUT.. i did notice one thing that was very impressive to me. Your hands played selection MUST be outstanding, as from what I can tell you are winning about 88% of the hands that you play!!! Unless I am reading that wrong, you entered into a pot 384 times, and of that 384 you won 340 of them (46 plus 294). I would say though, on that note, that maybe your hands that go to showdown seem a tad bit low, but taking down pots without showing down or (I assume) not having to make decisions is a good job.To me that is just amazing!!! Not being results oriented, but decision based oriented.. your decisions seem to be dead on!! Hold'em (Real Money):1999 hands played and saw flop:- 67 times out of 389 while in small blind (17%)- 162 times out of 385 while in big blind (42%)- 155 times out of 1225 in other positions (13%)- a total of 384 times out of 1999 (19%)Pots won at showdown - 46 out of 86 (53%)Pots won without showdown - 294
Pots won without showdown includes pots won preflop, so you're wrong. Also, these stats are useless and won't really tell you anything, you need to get PT/HEM to actually analyze your play.