Wait, Raise, Fold In The Money

I've been playing a decent 35+5 bounty tourney @ harrah's rincon san diego.The most people i've seen buy-in is about 45 players. Not a huge tourney but great for the strategy i've been implementing.I tried the play tight and make solid moves around weaker players strategy and it's just not enough to make the money.I've actually been doing a no limp, small ball strategy.1. Get a feel for the table.2. Open up hand selection in position. Q8 suited and such.3. Raise, never limp. (exceptions)4. Fold absolute trash.5. Make money.I've played it 3 times using this strategy and i've final tabled and chopped all three times.Is this because of the low number of players? I'm still deciding whether it's a decent strategy overall or just for lower limits and smaller tourneys.

I've been playing a decent 35+5 bounty tourney @ harrah's rincon san diego.The most people i've seen buy-in is about 45 players. Not a huge tourney but great for the strategy i've been implementing.I tried the play tight and make solid moves around weaker players strategy and it's just not enough to make the money.I've actually been doing a no limp, small ball strategy.1. Get a feel for the table.2. Open up hand selection in position. Q8 suited and such.3. Raise, never limp. (exceptions)4. Fold absolute trash.5. Make money.I've played it 3 times using this strategy and i've final tabled and chopped all three times.Is this because of the low number of players? I'm still deciding whether it's a decent strategy overall or just for lower limits and smaller tourneys.
Variance, variance, variance. The only way you can explain your results is variance. You are lucky enough to have an uptick of + variance. Having said that, your strategy really isnt a strategy. Its more of an outline. Its not specific enough to give it a grade.
Variance, variance, variance. The only way you can explain your results is variance. You are lucky enough to have an uptick of + variance. Having said that, your strategy really isnt a strategy. Its more of an outline. Its not specific enough to give it a grade.
Yay for variance.
  • 2 weeks later...