Halloween

I teach English as a Second Language as a part time job now and am teaching my students about Halloween. Most are new immigrants who don't know much about Halloween. When you were young and went around your neighbourhood getting candy, what did you say after someone answered the door?All we used to say was either: 1. "Halloween Apples" (in a sing songy way like: dadada dat da)or2. "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat."I am looking for more material, so please tell me what you said when you went out trick or treating :club: or any new clever ryhme. Thanks in advance.

Was pretty much just "trick or treat" where I came from.
QFT, or give me some candy so I can move on to the next house

We always told a joke and every house expected a different joke from everyone, and would specifically ask what our joke was.For at least a couple years I told a variation of 'the chicken crosses the road' joke.The ones I used most frequently:Why DIDN'T the skeleton cross the road? He didn't have any guts.Why did the frog cross the road? He was stapled to the chicken.

fwiw we used to go around and say happy thanksgivingand then when thanksgiving rolled around we'd do a second run for all the houses that still had candy and say trick or treatit worked well actually

We always told a joke and every house expected a different joke from everyone, and would specifically ask what our joke was.For at least a couple years I told a variation of 'the chicken crosses the road' joke.The ones I used most frequently:Why DIDN'T the skeleton cross the road? He didn't have any guts.Why did the frog cross the road? He was stapled to the chicken.
Thanks, I'm going to teach this one to my students. I think they will like it. Anyone else? Any more jokes? or what did you say at the door besides, "Trick or Treat"
From 3 to 5 years old I would say 'twick o tweet'.when I was 6 until I was 11 I would say 'trick or treat'.Now I just say 'give me head girl dressed as a whore on Halloween'
Or "Girl Dressed as a Sexy Elf/Witch/Vampire/etc..."Goths don't count...

Mine is:Trick or treat smell my feetGive me something good to eatNot to big , not too smallJust the size of MontrealBTW. Halloween is just an excuse for most girls to dress up as whores.

First of all, the real joke is, "Why did the rooster cross the road? His dick was stuck in the chicken."

what did you say at the door besides, "Trick or Treat"
Nobody normal says anything else, including whatever the hell your apple thing was. Do not teach your students anything other than "trick or treat."
First of all, the real joke is, "Why did the rooster cross the road? His dick was stuck in the chicken."
I'm pretty sure the definitive version of that joke is "Why did the chicken cross the road? Because he had basal cell carcinoma".