Poker Or Lottery?

Earlier this week I played a live tournament where I met probably the worst donk ever, how would you approach these situations? His range is 72o-AA, he never raise pre-flop and he calls with w/e because "He don't know what the flop will be". This is some of the hands I got into, this does not include all the other stupid things he did that night against other opponents. Most of these hands were 2-handed hero against donk, I'm in position in all of these 3 hands. 6 max, blinds is 100-200 t$Donk, calls 200UTG1+2 foldsHero AKo raises to 1000SB foldsBB foldsDonk, calls 800Flop:K 2 9 rainbowDonk checks, Hero raises 1200, donk callsTurn:6sDonk checks, Hero raise 1200, donk callsRiver:2cDonk checks, Hero raise 2000, donk callsShowdown: Hero 2 pairs, donk three of a kind deuces, 7 kickerUTG+1 foldsDonk calls 200Hero (JJ) raises to 800Dealer foldsSB, BB folds Donk calls 600Flop:9 2 5 rainbowDonk checks, Hero raises 900, donk shoves. My reads on him is that he is more likely to show me a lower pocket or overcards here, I conclude my jacks are still the best hand and make the call, he shows me J3o.Turn:6cRiver:4hHe hits his full straight and I go all hellmuth on him. "You're an idiot!!"The next hand was a lot like the first, raise and he calls, I got AKs. Short stack.Flop: Kc Js 4sHe raise minimum and I shove, he calls with J9oTurn: 6hRiver JdSometimes it seems like the percentages doesn't coiunt for him. This guy went to the final table with a huge stack, doing what he called "playing poker". So how would you approach these situations? I try to punish him for his mistakes but all I get is another kick in my face. :club:

Earlier this week I played a live tournament where I met probably the worst donk ever, how would you approach these situations? His range is 72o-AA, he never raise pre-flop and he calls with w/e because "He don't know what the flop will be". This is some of the hands I got into, this does not include all the other stupid things he did that night against other opponents. Most of these hands were 2-handed hero against donk, I'm in position in all of these 3 hands. 6 max, blinds is 100-200 t$Donk, calls 200UTG1+2 foldsHero AKo raises to 1000SB foldsBB foldsDonk, calls 800Flop:K 2 9 rainbowDonk checks, Hero raises 1200, donk callsTurn:6sDonk checks, Hero raise 1200, donk calls
Bet more on the turn for value. In general, poker can be frustrating. Sometimes you will take a bad beat. Controlling the reaction is an important and difficult part of the game. There's no magic advice, but you have to divorce yourself from the results. When he hits his card on the end and wins, it's no reflection on how you played the hand.
Earlier this week I played a live tournament where I met probably the worst donk ever, how would you approach these situations? His range is 72o-AA, he never raise pre-flop and he calls with w/e because "He don't know what the flop will be". This is some of the hands I got into, this does not include all the other stupid things he did that night against other opponents. Most of these hands were 2-handed hero against donk, I'm in position in all of these 3 hands. 6 max, blinds is 100-200 t$Donk, calls 200UTG1+2 foldsHero AKo raises to 1000SB foldsBB foldsDonk, calls 800Flop:K 2 9 rainbowDonk checks, Hero raises 1200, donk callsTurn:6sDonk checks, Hero raise 1200, donk callsRiver:2cDonk checks, Hero raise 2000, donk callsShowdown: Hero 2 pairs, donk three of a kind deuces, 7 kickerUTG+1 foldsDonk calls 200Hero (JJ) raises to 800Dealer foldsSB, BB folds Donk calls 600Flop:9 2 5 rainbowDonk checks, Hero raises 900, donk shoves. My reads on him is that he is more likely to show me a lower pocket or overcards here, I conclude my jacks are still the best hand and make the call, he shows me J3o.Turn:6cRiver:4hHe hits his full straight and I go all hellmuth on him. "You're an idiot!!"The next hand was a lot like the first, raise and he calls, I got AKs. Short stack.Flop: Kc Js 4sHe raise minimum and I shove, he calls with J9oTurn: 6hRiver JdSometimes it seems like the percentages doesn't coiunt for him. This guy went to the final table with a huge stack, doing what he called "playing poker". So how would you approach these situations? I try to punish him for his mistakes but all I get is another kick in my face. :club:
You're not protecting your hand well enough. Thats all I can really tell you. A pair on the flop isn't really a monster, a lot can come after.

Against an idiot like this, there isn't much you CAN do except bet bigger for value. In fact, in all of the hands, I might suggest betting the turn huge or even shipping it, depending on how much you have behind. Overbetting the pot isn't a bad play against clowns like this in many situations, because you're going to get calls with garbage like J3o.When the brutal beats come from these sorts of players, all you can do is take solace in the fact that they will contribute to your BR in the long run.

Yea hand 1 is bet badly. I don't know how much money you have behind but you should be all in at some point

He hits his full straight and I go all hellmuth on him. "You're an idiot!!"
this is dumb. I bet you're a donk too (based on your betting size and by making this topic) and you're calling other people idiots? This is the wrong attitude to have about poker ESPECIALLY LIVE. Online I can see it, as you can grind out in your underwear drinking orange juice mixed with rubbing alcohol, having sat there for four hours slowly losing your bankroll to these stoic gnomes and dogs and ATMs - but live? get realdevelop a better attitude toward poker - put money in ahead, hope to win; profit by mistakes, have fun.
Yea hand 1 is bet badly. I don't know how much money you have behind but you should be all in at some point
I had about 80%+ of my stack in all of these hands, rebought twice.
Yeah no offense but you shouldn't be calling anyone a donk. You don't even know the terms. If it's checked to you. You're not "raising", you're betting.
Sorry, donk4life...

I agree with everyone in the crowd. It costs nothing to smile and be nice to people. Costs a lot when these people (donks) stop showing up to your games, or decide to read books or sites like fullcontactpoker.com to improve their play. Would anyone agree with me that we are very happy he will call with everything? Just raise behind him to isolate him if we have position on him, then value town him to death when we hit, and check when we miss. He rarely outplay us. That would be my strategy. Thoughts?

I agree with everyone in the crowd. It costs nothing to smile and be nice to people. Costs a lot when these people (donks) stop showing up to your games, or decide to read books or sites like fullcontactpoker.com to improve their play. Would anyone agree with me that we are very happy he will call with everything? Just raise behind him to isolate him if we have position on him, then value town him to death when we hit, and check when we miss. He rarely outplay us. That would be my strategy. Thoughts?
Well, after I rebought I had 40BB (Blinds increased a little rapid) and he will probably call with almost anything if the bet is below 10BB. There is still 4 other players that might have good hands so putting 25% of my chips in a pfr really doesn't seem like the best option, unless I'm in the BB and is last to act pf. Let's say we got AJs, bet 10-12BB from the dealer button. Our man might fold but most likely we only get calls from superior hands from the other more tight players.

Lottery.To keep it as simple as possible.Avoid "playing" the below average players. You don't need to value bet them.Get your money in w/ the best of it and hope he doesn't suckout.Keep playing solid.Don't tap the glass.It all comes back around... You know...Lottery.

Well, after I rebought I had 40BB (Blinds increased a little rapid) and he will probably call with almost anything if the bet is below 10BB. There is still 4 other players that might have good hands so putting 25% of my chips in a pfr really doesn't seem like the best option, unless I'm in the BB and is last to act pf. Let's say we got AJs, bet 10-12BB from the dealer button. Our man might fold but most likely we only get calls from superior hands from the other more tight players.
so you're advised to isolate the fish in position. You say he'll call up to 10bbs, but you don't want to bet 10bbs because he'll fold.? I am so much confuseds.why would you want him to fold? why would you want to price him out? That's the whole point, you're isolating him! if he folds, fine, take the dead money and move on. that's always a nice result in a tournament. if not then you (should) have him where you want him...the best hand, in position...ez game.do you see the problem in complaining about people who limp/call with 72o? you need tougher games, then you'll be screaming for the donks to come back.

Probably just had a very bad night, the bad beats were just horrible. Got all my money in pre-flop with AA, AQ4 10 J. Opponent showed me K4s for a straight. Like Greg Raymer said, I don't tilt often because even though I am 90/10 to win those 10s still happen from time to time and you gotta accept that. Thanks for all the advices

wow posts for the last few days have been pretty bad here man. Ok: #1 bigger pre- pot sized bet, flop to the river barrel 2/3 or 3/4 the pot range and just pound the station into the ground.#2 again bigger preflop raise, much bigger flop i mean that was almost as big as the preflop raise you fold NOTHING with that bet, and yah call the shove. Moral: Bet bigger pre and for god sake bet half pot on flop!!!!!!!! at least!!!!!!!