I Got Lucky Tonight

It's easy to avoid drinking and driving. If you don't have a ride, don't go out drinking.Don't act like your partying is a more basic right than other people's right to be safe.This is not a practice life. Grow up.I have driven impaired by sleepiness and I am ashamed of it. It's is not a joke or even excusable.Seriously, grow up.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to avoid drinking and driving. If you don't have a ride, don't go out drinking.Don't act like your parting is a more basic right than other people's right to be safe.This is not a practice life. Grow up.I have driven impaired by sleepiness and I am ashamed of it. It's is not a joke or even excusable.Seriously, grow up.
Shut the fuck up.

First of all since it seems I'm getting flamed pretty good. I"m sorry for all the people who have lost friends or loved ones to drunk drivers. I posted this thread as soon as I got home the same night I got pulled over. Maybe that was a second lapse in judgment. But anyway yes I was buzzing, speeding no? I was doing the speed limit. Wasn't really bragging about not getting a DUI, more of like "Wow I dodged a bullet" And I thought I would share the story. Yes driving buzzed or slightly impaired from anything is irresponsible. I have never had a DUI before, and have only had 1 speeding ticket in my driving career, so usually I'm pretty responsible. Not bragging about that either, just so people don't think I'm a raging alcoholic who drives around town obliterated every night.

Shut the fuck up.
no
First of all since it seems I'm getting flamed pretty good. I"m sorry for all the people who have lost friends or loved ones to drunk drivers. I posted this thread as soon as I got home the same night I got pulled over. Maybe that was a second lapse in judgment. But anyway yes I was buzzing, speeding no? I was doing the speed limit. Wasn't really bragging about not getting a DUI, more of like "Wow I dodged a bullet" And I thought I would share the story. Yes driving buzzed or slightly impaired from anything is irresponsible. I have never had a DUI before, and have only had 1 speeding ticket in my driving career, so usually I'm pretty responsible. Not bragging about that either, just so people don't think I'm a raging alcoholic who drives around town obliterated every night.
I'm not really sure what speeding has to do with driving impaired. You can be going the speed limit, but your reaction time is still going to be slower.Also just because you haven't been caught yet, doesn't make you responsible.

Seems like you were the bullet that was dodged and that all the innocent drivers on the road were the lucky ones.Also seems like that cop needs some serious training on spotting a drunk driver.

Unless you fall asleep on the subway while in a strange city and end up an hour away from your destination, in a horrible neighborhood.
Yeah, but it makes for a funny story later (if you aren't knifed to death).
Yeah, but it makes for a funny story later (if you aren't knifed to death).
You know, I can't sit on a coach now without worrying that someone is going to cut my head off. Ever since that incident on the Greyhound bus in Candida. I look around the coach and guess which one will do it.
You know, I can't sit on a coach now without worrying that someone is going to cut my head off. Ever since that incident on the Greyhound bus in Candida. I look around the coach and guess which one will do it.
Is your choice different every time, or have you noticed a theme?
Is your choice different every time, or have you noticed a theme?
Its always different. Last time it was an Asian woman who was really stressed and kept huffing and puffing. She had an angry phone call and seemed on the verge of a psychotic episode. I had been planning on napping but I didn't dare with her sat across the aisle from me.
Its always different. Last time it was an Asian woman who was really stressed and kept huffing and puffing. She had an angry phone call and seemed on the verge of a psychotic episode. I had been planning on napping but I didn't dare with her sat across the aisle from me.
you were probably safer in this scenario than if she had been driving