Pineapple Question

I need a math guy on this because I'm to stupid and lazy to figure this out. I looked in the stat section and there's no pineapple section obv so I'm going to post it here. Let's say the board is something like this 2d 8d 4c. We're holding Kd 10d 10s. What's the proper strategy here, keep the overpair or draw to the two overs and flush draw? I have one more question. I know I suck but indulge me. Same scenario on the board but instead of holding the former hand we have Kd 8c 6d. Do you keep top pair with a good kicker or draw to the flush even though the six is an undercard? Again, I'm kinda looking for some sort of odds here with maybe a bit of strat mixed in. Anyway thanks in advance and to all the old vets around here, Dreamclown is waiting to play Dn. It should be good!

That is a tricky one. I have never played pineapple, but would be inclined to go with 1010 in the first case (if you keep K10 and a king hits, you might not even be ahead and it is less likely that you hit another 10, so basically you are drawing to 11-14 outs, whereas with 1010 you are most likely ahead right now and have other people trying to outdraw you).I'm completely undecided about the second case, either strikes me as a reasonable option here.

No. 3 cards dealt. Betting. Flop. Betting. Discard. Then basically hold'em like unless you're playing crazy pineapple.
yah crazy pineapple is way more fun. As for your question I think it is situational as any poker hand. Depends on position, stack sizes, limit, Player tendency and hand range, and the preflop and flop action up until that point. Both hands are debatable depending on the situation at hand but I think you would generally want to go with the made hand over the draw with 2 cards to come. On another note...isn't there another 3 card game where you discard at a different point in the hand....that is not called pineapple....like alabama or something like that?

I think that since you have the Kd it would be better to just keep the 10's. After all you are throwing away a nice PP with a safe flop only to draw to the second nuts. If you have the Ad, then I would be on the fence and it would come down to position as I could maybe still win the pot with a nicely played bluff.

A local bar plays free pineapple tournies.Their rules state that you have to discard when you call or raise preflop.That's bogus right?
That is the way standard pineapple is played.They are talking about 'crazy pineapple' where you discard one on your action after seeing the flop

Yeah. That's my bad. I should've explained this better. Regular pineapple you discard preflop. I was playing hi lo but I wanted to disregard the low hand. This all started when I let one of my friends sweat my cards to give him an idea on how to play. This hand came up and I kept the 10's. The turn was the jd. The river was another jack. I ended up scooping but after the session he asked me why I kept the 10's instead of drawing to the flush. Since the nightmare diamond hit I really didn't have a good answer for him besides I wanted to keep the made hand since it was likely to be the best hand at the time.

Dreamclown is waiting
for this i answer you. crazy pineapple is hi-lo regular pineapple is not. in both you discard post flop.in the first scenario your discard is determined by the action. if you raised the button and only the BB called and then he c/c the flop, then your TT rates to be best and you pitch the K. if you can determine from the action that your TT is no good (which it's likely not in a multi-way pot especially against a lot of action) then you pitch the T.the same holds true in the second scenario although to a lesser degree since TT is a much stronger holding than K8.
That is the way standard pineapple is played.They are talking about 'crazy pineapple' where you discard one on your action after seeing the flop
for this i answer you. crazy pineapple is hi-lo regular pineapple is not. in both you discard post flop.in the first scenario your discard is determined by the action. if you raised the button and only the BB called and then he c/c the flop, then your TT rates to be best and you pitch the K. if you can determine from the action that your TT is no good (which it's likely not in a multi-way pot especially against a lot of action) then you pitch the T.the same holds true in the second scenario although to a lesser degree since TT is a much stronger holding than K8.
I could be retarded, but I think both of these posts are contradicting each other. I know that there are several variations of pineapple. Which games do you discard preflop vs. after flop betting etc.? A card club here spreads what they call 'stripper' pineapple, where you discard one post flop betting and one post turn betting. Interesting.

I played a lot of Crazy Pineapple when Paradise was open to US players. In Crazy Pineapple, discards are done after flop betting. You can play it high-only (which I'm more familiar with) or Hi-Lo split. In normal Pineapple, the discard occurs after the pre-flop betting.As Navy said, it's going to depend a lot on the action. If you're HU, you're going to be a lot more prone to go with the overpair. However, if the pot's really multi-way, you'd much rather go for the draw, since you'll usually need a stronger hand to win than in HE. In the games that I used to play, you were usually getting 5-6 to a flop...which usually meant that you were looking for at least top two pair or better.Also, the starting hands that you listed...based on my experience...the first KTTs is somewhat okay. K86s really shouldn't be played much outside of the BB or something.If you search for 'lcp' in the topic title, I used to post some strat hands.

That is a tricky one. I have never played pineapple, but would be inclined to go with 1010 in the first case (if you keep K10 and a king hits, you might not even be ahead and it is less likely that you hit another 10, so basically you are drawing to 11-14 outs, whereas with 1010 you are most likely ahead right now and have other people trying to outdraw you).I'm completely undecided about the second case, either strikes me as a reasonable option here.
You're contradicting yourself. You say keep TT because even if you hit a K with KT you might not be ahead...? Well then you might not be ahead with TT and you only have 2 outs to improve, or a running 9-7. In both these situation I would draw for diamonds. Maybe it's just the choice game i played in that included pineapple (muck post) and stripper (muck pre). It's filled with a bunch of old guys who won't muck anything better than top pair. Which means with top pair/overpair you are facing 4+ people trying to get there with bottom pair/straight draws/flush draws. So I'd be inclined to keep the draw.
You're contradicting yourself. You say keep TT because even if you hit a K with KT you might not be ahead...? Well then you might not be ahead with TT and you only have 2 outs to improve, or a running 9-7.
There is no contradiction: TT is ahead of AK, KQ, KJ, K8, K4 and K2 at the moment, but all those hands are ahead of KT, even if a king hits.
There is no contradiction: TT is ahead of AK, KQ, KJ, K8, K4 and K2 at the moment, but all those hands are ahead of KT, even if a king hits.
All those hands also beat TT if a King hits. That's where your contradiction is. If KT isn't good with a King on the turn neither is TT.
All those hands also beat TT if a King hits. That's where your contradiction is. If KT isn't good with a King on the turn neither is TT.
I see what you mean now. While that is true, you also have to consider the case when the king does not hit. In that case, all those hands are still ahead of KT, but most of the time behind TT. I hope I cleared up the meaning of my statement now, so that it doesn't appear contradictory anymore.