As to your other point, I also hate that very much. And it sort of plays into what I'm saying. I remember a long time ago there was a matchup of #1 vs #2 and it was a great game and #2 just barely lost. But they dropped in the polls to #5 or something because there were a few other teams that were undefeated and you can't have a one-loss team above an undefeated team. I don't buy into that. If you think the #1 team really is the best team in the country, then what happened in that game to make you think the #2 team isn't still the #2 team?
You mean when Michigan was #2 and OSU was #1 and the game was played at OSU and it was probably the best college football game played that year. @$*)@$&%)@!*(#!$%@
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean when Michigan was #2 and OSU was #1 and the game was played at OSU and it was probably the best college football game played that year. @$*)@$&%)@!*(#!$%@
Well, that works too, but I was thinking about earlier in the decade. Maybe Nebraska-Oklahoma?I don't want to look it up and find out that the game was a blowout.Edit: I couldn't help myself. I found that a #3 Oklahoma team beat a #1 Nebraska in 2000, but it wasn't a particularly close game. I couldn't find a game that matched the criteria of what I was saying other than the OSU-Michigan game (at least in recent memory). So let's pretend that I really was thinking of that game all along.
This point is slightly undercut by the fact that OSU got thumped by UF in the title game. The problem was the wrong teams were ranked 1 and 2 when UM and OSU played (even though those rankings seemed justified at the time).
This point is slightly undercut by the fact that OSU got thumped by UF in the title game. The problem was the wrong teams were ranked 1 and 2 when UM and OSU played (even though those rankings seemed justified at the time).
Michigan beat that same Florida team the next year with largely the same players on both rosters.
Michigan beat that same Florida team the next year with largely the same players on both rosters.
Not true. We lost a good portion of our defense from the 06 team
Don't make excuses for Tebow losing to a Big-10 school
Back up your talk with facts maybe, its not an excuse its a fact.

Stanzi isn't very good. Of course, he's better than all of the Hawkeye's Freshman QB's, but still. Stanzi's terrible play is the only reason Northwestern is winning. Oh, and the defense. The Hawkeyes look awful today. It's disappointing that Stanzi is hurt, because then the Hawkeye fans will be able to fool themselves into thinking that that was the only reason they lost.That's the bad thing about getting lucky so many games this season. The Hawkeyes fooled their fans into thinking that they were actually good.ps. DDiDM, This post isn't about you personally, so you don't need to get upset. I'm going to just preemptively apologize for making you upset.

Stanzi isn't very good. Of course, he's better than all of the Hawkeye's Freshman QB's, but still. Stanzi's terrible play is the only reason Northwestern is winning. Oh, and the defense. The Hawkeyes look awful today. It's disappointing that Stanzi is hurt, because then the Hawkeye fans will be able to fool themselves into thinking that that was the only reason they lost.That's the bad thing about getting lucky so many games this season. The Hawkeyes fooled their fans into thinking that they were actually good.ps. DDiDM, This post isn't about you personally, so you don't need to get upset. I'm going to just preemptively apologize for making you upset.
You're a fucking idiot. Iowa may not be a top 5 team with Stanzi, but there's absolutely no way Iowa loses this game if Stanzi plays the whole way.He is probably the worst quarterback to ever start his career 17-3, though.
Hahahahah the Iowa-ISU rivalry is so cute.
You're a fucking idiot.
Hahahaha I guess he does not accept your preemptive apology.
You're a fucking idiot. Iowa may not be a top 5 team with Stanzi, but there's absolutely no way Iowa loses this game if Stanzi plays the whole way.He is probably the worst quarterback to ever start his career 17-3, though.
Iowa's defense played terrible today, and that had nothing to do with Stanzi. Before Stanzi left the game he took a terrible sack in the end zone and fumbled away a touchdown that turned the game 180 degrees. So it was Stanzi's fault that they lost. I don't see how you could see it differently. Also, please address the defensive play, because from where I'm sitting, they played horrible.
Hahahahah the Iowa-ISU rivalry is so cute.Hahahaha I guess he does not accept your preemptive apology.
I'm getting that feeling as well.
Iowa's defense played terrible today, and that had nothing to do with Stanzi. Before Stanzi left the game he took a terrible sack in the end zone and fumbled away a touchdown that turned the game 180 degrees. So it was Stanzi's fault that they lost. I don't see how you could see it differently. Also, please address the defensive play, because from where I'm sitting, they played horrible.I'm getting that feeling as well.
You're just about fucking braindead, aren't you? How good does a defense have to play to play well in your mind? Shutout or nothing? They gave up 10 POINTS. TEN POINTS. You're like the Lou Holtz of the football forum, other than you can't blame your idiocy on a stroke.
giving up 17 to northwestern isn't exactly terrible, they have one of the best offenses in the big 10.
Oh, and by the way, 7 of it was on the sack in the end zone that took Stanzi out of the game. I guess Sash or Clayborn should've come flying off the sideline to pick that ball up and take it the other way..then maybe the defense would've earned their scholarships.
You're just about fucking braindead, aren't you? How good does a defense have to play to play well in your mind? Shutout or nothing? They gave up 10 POINTS. TEN POINTS. You're like the Lou Holtz of the football forum, other than you can't blame your idiocy on a stroke.
LOL this thread's getting ugly...
Oh, and by the way, 7 of it was on the sack in the end zone that took Stanzi out of the game. I guess Sash or Clayborn should've come flying off the sideline to pick that ball up and take it the other way..then maybe the defense would've earned their scholarships.
Don't take it out on me, I was supporting your point.
You're just about fucking braindead, aren't you? How good does a defense have to play to play well in your mind? Shutout or nothing? They gave up 10 POINTS. TEN POINTS. You're like the Lou Holtz of the football forum, other than you can't blame your idiocy on a stroke. Oh, and by the way, 7 of it was on the sack in the end zone that took Stanzi out of the game. I guess Sash or Clayborn should've come flying off the sideline to pick that ball up and take it the other way..then maybe the defense would've earned their scholarships.
crying_baby.jpg
Points given up isn't the only measure of good defensive play. They were driving the field on them constantly. On offense, they did absolutely nothing. I understand that they were missing a ton of starters, but they are the #4 team in the country playing a team that isn't even bowl eligible. Also, it's not like it bothers me at all, but there isn't really any need for getting personal. A sports forum is for opinions.
Points given up isn't the only measure of good defensive play. They were driving the field on them constantly. On offense, they did absolutely nothing. I understand that they were missing a ton of starters, but they are the #4 team in the country playing a team that wasn't even bowl eligible. Also, it's not like it bothers me at all, but there isn't really any need for getting personal. A sports forum is for opinions.
fyp. they are now, bitches.Also, take joy in the fact that he's making it personal, it just means he's tilted.
fyp. they are now, bitches.Also, take joy in the fact that he's making it personal, it just means he's tilted.
Oh.... I know. I absolutely loved today's game. But I honestly wasn't ever trying to upset him.
Oh.... I know. I absolutely loved today's game. But I honestly wasn't ever trying to upset him.
yeah, but he just probably started to believe that Iowa could make it to the BCS championship game, and was looking ahead to next week, and this loss was particularly bitter.Also, you being a complete fucking idiot probably contributed to it too.
I agree with pretty much everything except for Iowa losing a game soon enough.. obviously. And no, I don't think Iowa should be ahead of an unbeaten Florida, Alabama or Texas. A one-loss UF, 'Bama or Horns team..then yes.
Oh well. I would be more of a prick about Iowa losing this week but they were actually handling NW until Stanzi went out. All the luck finally caught up to them I guess. Bad break.
Also, you being a complete fucking idiot probably contributed to it too.
HEY! NO NEED TO GET PERSONAL!