Full Tilt "run It Twice" & "cashout" Tables

If this has been written about cut it;I noticed this article in Pokernews this morning. I haven't researched it but it looks to be at certain high stakes as of right now. From Pokernews:Want to Run it Twice?You hear it all the time on High Stakes Poker, one player asking another to run it twice when they're all in. Well now you can do the same. Full Tilt Poker is offering players the option of seeing the turn and river twice. Players must be seated at a Run it Twice table and if you're interested, you must check the box at the bottom of your screen, which can be done preflop, postflop, or after the turn has been dealt. The winner of each outcome will collect half the pot. You can find Run it Twice tables in certain no-limit hold'em, Omaha Hi and HA ring-game tables. Currently, Ivey's Room is the only ring-game offering Run it Twice. What do you guys think about this and that Cashout feature in certain tournaments? Link: Cashout Info

Played in the 3k guarantee "cash out" tourney two nights ago. It's a pretty interesting idea and I think could be very +ev if you play them right. Ended up doing pretty well "cash out" + making a fairly deep run, but it certainly makes for interesting decisions given that its a turbo and the number of chips in play decrease at a faster rate the higher the blinds get. The big stack at the FT had about 13 BB i think at the start.

If this has been written about cut it;I noticed this article in Pokernews this morning. I haven't researched it but it looks to be at certain high stakes as of right now. From Pokernews:Want to Run it Twice?You hear it all the time on High Stakes Poker, one player asking another to run it twice when they're all in. Well now you can do the same. Full Tilt Poker is offering players the option of seeing the turn and river twice. Players must be seated at a Run it Twice table and if you're interested, you must check the box at the bottom of your screen, which can be done preflop, postflop, or after the turn has been dealt. The winner of each outcome will collect half the pot. You can find Run it Twice tables in certain no-limit hold'em, Omaha Hi and HA ring-game tables. Currently, Ivey's Room is the only ring-game offering Run it Twice. Its in all the high stakes rooms in full tilt. blinds 50/100 $ and up. (in NLHE) thats the only game i checked.I havent seen it used yet.What do you guys think about this and that Cashout feature in certain tournaments? Link: Cashout Info
Played in the 3k guarantee "cash out" tourney two nights ago. It's a pretty interesting idea and I think could be very +ev if you play them right. Ended up doing pretty well "cash out" + making a fairly deep run, but it certainly makes for interesting decisions given that its a turbo and the number of chips in play decrease at a faster rate the higher the blinds get. The big stack at the FT had about 13 BB i think at the start.
I played one of these too. I ran hot for the first hour, then went ice cold (and not the Outkast variety). Cashed out my below average stack about halfway though for a profit once the blinds got too high for someone who was card dead.Looking forward to running it twice.Thumbs up so far.Tom.

Both cool enough ideas and both things that will offer some tilt avoidance options. Think the cashout tournaments could be a good way of letting off steam. I like that Full Tilt seem to be putting a lot of effort into increasingly diversifying what they offer. It's nice to have a bit of an alternative the grind of standard play.

how can i figure out when it make sense to cash out of one of these tournaments? i'm pretty sure that i remember reading that as a tournament progresses the value of each chip goes down, but with chips being removed throughout the tournament there has to be a spot where it becomes +ev to cash out.

They take more rake when you run it twice...
Is this true? Confirmation anyone?I was actually going to get a PS/FTP xfer here to get some FTP cash to try this out, but if the rake rate increases based solely on the running it twice, I say f it!
Is this true? Confirmation anyone?I was actually going to get a PS/FTP xfer here to get some FTP cash to try this out, but if the rake rate increases based solely on the running it twice, I say f it!
the cap gets raised from $3 to $4.
the cap gets raised from $3 to $4.
Gotcha. That's pretty par for the course. I thought this was saying that whenever you decide to run twice, they just tax an added rake onto each pot. These e-dealers need to make a little something extra for the extra work on those really large pots. I mean my typical dealer seems to be a pretty nice guy. Quiet, but good at his job. Works like 24 hours a day 7 days a week too!!
Finished 3rd in a cashout the other night, was fun and interesting. Still trying to figure out optimal cashout options.
if you figure out the math please post it. im really interested and i don't know how to figure it out on my own (or even where to start).
if you figure out the math please post it. im really interested and i don't know how to figure it out on my own (or even where to start).
Well, not sure about the "math" thing, but...I had a big cl late in the tourney, so I cashed out for an amount that was 10x my buy in, but still kept me in the cl.Then, as we neared the FT, I was in 3rd or so and calculated I could cash out for another 10x and still be in line for an FT spot.When you hit the FT, all the money left in the cashout pool gets credited to the FT players' accounts BASED ON STACK SIZE. This, of course, should have only a little bearing on whether or not you cash earlier, as you already got money for chips you cashed out (which are eliminated from play), but be advised there is NO CASHOUT option once the FT is made.I played the $5 Cashout and the cashout value of each chip was just over .08 a chip or so ($5 for every 6K in chips)Hope this helps...

It does except once the FT is reached any remaining cashout pool is distributed to the FT payouts and there is no more cashing out. I just kept an eye on average chipstack and made my decision based on my relative stack. I cashed out twice in the tourney for 5x my buy-in each time and each time it brought me down to about average chip stack then considering that was like 12-15 BB(turbo structure) I focused on doubling up knowing that I had already had 10x my buy-in in the bank.

I made a semi-deep run in yesterdays $109 5k (cashout) and it was certainly an interesting concept. With blinds at 1k-2k, this guy from Sweden would cash out every time he stole the blinds and antes (usually was worth about $100). However, it was easy to catch onto. With a 20k stack, he raised to 9k pf (yes at 1-2) and folded to my shove, so these kind of players can definitely be exploited if you pay close enough attention. I still don't know the optimal strategy but I don't think you should even consider cashing out until maybe the FT or final two tables.