To Shove Or Not To Shove..

Just wanted to pick your brains on the following... After the fact I felt as if I should of just called pre-flop to make sure no A or K, then shove on the Flop. What are your thoughts? If I do it that way can Serge fold if he has only 2 cards to bink with...*********** # 97 **************PokerStars Game #34048624127: Tournament #199618959, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2009/10/14 22:22:58 ETTable '199618959 4' 9-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: montrealphil (5015 in chips)Seat 2: captcanda (2815 in chips)Seat 3: swa_nc72 (7404 in chips)Seat 4: hoodini (2290 in chips)Seat 6: sergetoronto (7445 in chips)Seat 7: GnitS414 (2935 in chips)Seat 8: Shark527 (3959 in chips)Seat 9: Jamestl17 (10220 in chips)sergetoronto: posts small blind 100GnitS414: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to swa_nc72 [Qh Qs]Shark527: foldsJamestl17: foldsmontrealphil: foldscaptcanda: foldsswa_nc72: raises 200 to 400hoodini: raises 1890 to 2290 and is all-insergetoronto: calls 2190GnitS414: foldsswa_nc72: raises 5114 to 7404 and is all-insergetoronto: calls 5114*** FLOP *** [2s Td 5h]*** TURN *** [2s Td 5h] [9s]*** RIVER *** [2s Td 5h 9s] [Ah]*** SHOW DOWN ***sergetoronto: shows [Ad Kd] (a pair of Aces)swa_nc72: shows [Qh Qs] (a pair of Queens)sergetoronto collected 10228 from side pothoodini: shows [7s 7h] (a pair of Sevens)kobe2odom8 [observer] said, "bink"sergetoronto said, "wow"sergetoronto collected 7070 from main pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 17298 Main pot 7070. Side pot 10228. | Rake 0Board [2s Td 5h 9s Ah]Seat 1: montrealphil folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: captcanda folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: swa_nc72 showed [Qh Qs] and lost with a pair of QueensSeat 4: hoodini (button) showed [7s 7h] and lost with a pair of SevensSeat 6: sergetoronto (small blind) showed [Ad Kd] and won (17298) with a pair of AcesSeat 7: GnitS414 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 8: Shark527 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: Jamestl17 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

note to self ... when it folds to serge in the SB and serge raises your BB and you have A9o, do not reshove for like 72x's the BB cause he will snap call you with JJ and you will not suck out.

Definetely just call and push on the flop...My call preflop is pretty standard..While I dont love having to call another $5000..I am getting more than 3-1 on the call...With AK suited i am only a huge dog against aces...However if you put in $5000 on the flop than i have to muck the hand..

note to self ... when it folds to serge in the SB and serge raises your BB and you have A9o, do not reshove for like 72x's the BB cause he will snap call you with JJ and you will not suck out.
lol...you got unlucky...I am not calling you with a lot of hands there...JJs is one i have to call though in that spot..Bad break
My call preflop is pretty standard..While I dont love having to call another $5000..I am getting more than 3-1 on the call...With AK suited i am only a huge dog against aces...However if you put in $5000 on the flop than i have to muck the hand..
All depends on your situation, ability level, etc. SWA.If you don't shove here, you are missing out on 5,000 chips (which is more than you stand to gain in the main pot with your limp) if AK misses flop and folds. If you can eliminate AA/KK from serge's range with his flat on the all-in, shove is right as you can squeeze him out X amount of the time, and the times he calls, excluding the AK you were up against, you are going to find yourself a favorite much of the time.
Definetely just call and push on the flop...My call preflop is pretty standard..While I dont love having to call another $5000..I am getting more than 3-1 on the call...With AK suited i am only a huge dog against aces...However if you put in $5000 on the flop than i have to muck the hand..
I guess that is what I thought. However like Max says, this way I only get your 2290 on the call of hoodini (assuming I shove after the flop and you fold,) where as the way I did it, I had a chance and was ahead on getting your whole stack...I was just looking for some perspective on how others would play it..

I guess what was more disappointing is I was playing really well other then my empty 3 barrel shot against Serge earlier. Even if a K spiked I feel like I would of done well with only 5K left or whatever I had. I guess the conservative way to play it would be the Call, and the agressive play the Shove. Either way I don't blame Serge for the call with the AK suited, I would of done exactly the same.GG All, See you next week on the tables.

All depends on your situation, ability level, etc. SWA.If you don't shove here, you are missing out on 5,000 chips (which is more than you stand to gain in the main pot with your limp) if AK misses flop and folds. If you can eliminate AA/KK from serge's range with his flat on the all-in, shove is right as you can squeeze him out X amount of the time, and the times he calls, excluding the AK you were up against, you are going to find yourself a favorite much of the time.
o.

Personally, I fold preflop because the all in is so ofter KK and the smooth call is so often aces which are looking for more action.

Personally, I fold preflop because the all in is so ofter KK and the smooth call is so often aces which are looking for more action.
ok broomcorn