Betting Post Flop

HelloI was at a final table at a poker tournament held at a student union bar in luton, was run by some guy named CID, anyway i made a bet after the flop of 300, the blinds were 100 - 200. i was told this was an illegal bet, i argued that it was incorrect but the dealer and a few of the other players contridicted me which made me doubt myself. if someone could clear this up for me i would be quite happy Thanks Ben Pope

i made a bet after the flop of 300, the blinds were 100 - 200. i was told this was an illegal bet, i argued that it was incorrect but the dealer and a few of the other players contridicted me which made me doubt myself.
You're kidding, right? Even in limit, it's an illegal bet (unless it puts you all in)
A post flop 300 chip bet is fine.CID is trying to screw you.

before I go with everyone else on this.......was your bet a "bet" or a "raise" to someone else's bet? It seems odd that almost everyone at the table agreed with the dealer.....like there is missing information.

before I go with everyone else on this.......was your bet a "bet" or a "raise" to someone else's bet? It seems odd that almost everyone at the table agreed with the dealer.....like there is missing information.
The tournament was held at the student union by a guy named CID. Nothing seems odd...."everyone" just agreed with the TD because none of them really has a clue, more or less.
HelloI was at a final table at a poker tournament held at a student union bar in luton, was run by some guy named CID, anyway i made a bet after the flop of 300, the blinds were 100 - 200. i was told this was an illegal bet, i argued that it was incorrect but the dealer and a few of the other players contridicted me which made me doubt myself. if someone could clear this up for me i would be quite happy Thanks Ben Pope
CID got his buddy a free turn card. So what's the big deal? Next time just shove and ask if that makes them ****ing happy?
The tournament was held at the student union by a guy named CID. Nothing seems odd...."everyone" just agreed with the TD because none of them really has a clue, more or less.
I'm just saying, what if someone led out for 200 and OP tried to make it 300.....? Someone with that low of a post count def has the potential to leave out this information.....

Well, if you would've been playing correctly, like all these young internet wizards nowadays, you would've been all in preflop. So, I guess you've learned a valuable lesson.