Bankroll Building Challenge

Recently, I have begun a bankroll building challenge of going from zero to $500. Actually, I had 5 cents on Stars. So far, I've been freerolling a few nites a week, and won 0.55 in one of them. I played three 0.10 NL 360 man tourneys, and one 0.25 NL 45 man tourneys. I won the 45 man so now I have $3.49. What should I be playing to give myself a chance without going broke?

If you're gonna take poker serious and this is something you like I think you should deposit instead of freerolling. I think most players can agree that freerolling won't do you're playing and your style any good. It can evolve bad habits. I recommend you deposit 50$ and play micro SnGs, DoNs or maybe tourneys. I don't know what you're into but you'll find out soon enough what suits you.However, should you proceed with this freeroll plan, play the SnGs, like the 45 man or 90 players. Also, go to Pokerstars.com and read about the Boku87 Challenge, he's a Supernova trying to turn 5$ into 100K in a year. Though, keep in mind he is a Supernova, (ex-elite) and this is what he does for a living.

Pokerstars has $0.10 360 player turbo MTTs, but they are a minefield to get through to the money.If you got $3 you could try a few of those maybe?

if you can get up to about 10 or so I would start pounding don's. They are a great confidence builder....

Recently, I have begun a bankroll building challenge of going from zero to $500. Actually, I had 5 cents on Stars. So far, I've been freerolling a few nites a week, and won 0.55 in one of them. I played three 0.10 NL 360 man tourneys, and one 0.25 NL 45 man tourneys. I won the 45 man so now I have $3.49. What should I be playing to give myself a chance without going broke?
I can help you out here since I've not long started on $3. I played a mixture of 0.25 and 0.10 cents game to start me up. You should try that too.
ive been there with you, its not easy. i found myself down to $5 left of $25 deposit and through alot of time made it past $500. stick to the .25 sngs and as soon as you can afford it, do the $1.10 45 or 90 mans. it worked for me.
ive been there with you, its not easy. i found myself down to $5 left of $25 deposit and through alot of time made it past $500. stick to the .25 sngs and as soon as you can afford it, do the $1.10 45 or 90 mans. it worked for me.
Out of interest when did u hit the $1.10 games?
  • 1 month later...

Hey buddy, I recently completed a prop bet to get from $5 to $500 in 5 days... mistyped that a few times coz of all the 5's... I did it by 20 tabling the .25 cent 45 man's/10 cent 360 man's and the .25 cent 90 mans until I got to $20.. then i mixed in the 1 dollar turbo games at about 50% of total volume until I got to 50 dollars... once I hit 50 bucks I added the 2 dollar 180 man's... at 180 I started the 3 dollar games and grinded those to 250... then I mixed in 6.50's and got to 500... hope this helped...