Bottom Set On Very Ugly Board

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 325081The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBTN: $2.45SB: $9.80BB: $4.30UTG: $10.85UTG+1: $6.70Hero (UTG+2): $17.85MP1: $13.85MP2: $7.35CO: $2.00Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG+2 with 9 :4h 9 :5c2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, 4 folds, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($0.95) T :3h J :club: 9 :ts(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, MP1 raises to $1.40what do we do here?

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 325081The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBTN: $2.45SB: $9.80BB: $4.30UTG: $10.85UTG+1: $6.70Hero (UTG+2): $17.85MP1: $13.85MP2: $7.35CO: $2.00Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG+2 with 9 :4h 9 :5c2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, 4 folds, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($0.95) T :3h J :club: 9 :ts(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, MP1 raises to $1.40what do we do here?
reraise to $4 and make it look like we have a big draw and call the shove.

what did BB do? i assume fold. we could be up against a medium hand and a draw, like A10 suited. Also we could be up against a lot of st8 flush draws here. Any reads on villain? uhm i wanna reraise but if we have him come over top we are having to go with it so the safe conservative line would be call and check fold a lot of turn, i just don't know what a min raise means here, it could be a made st8 with the flush draw desperately getting any value, or a better set, or a draw, or the naked st8. it is very close with pushing and reads would make the choice for me here.PS- this isn't a bad place to get it in ( at this limit) but im just a little unsure about villain which is why reads i feel are totally paramount here

Way to many draws, pairs+draw hands to even consider folding. Even if villain has a straight we have good equity. Raise and call a shove. If called shove most turns.

At these stakes (granted, I've only played 6-max, so grain of salt), I think villain's range is still pretty wide. J10 makes that move, same with J9 and 109. JQ possibly does. AQ with the flush draw might. 87 and Q8 definitely do.Most important read of the villain at this point is how frequently does he min-raise? Second most important, does he make plays?Folding is out of the question at this stage. Question is do we raise to ~$4 and commit ourselves to getting it in there on the flop or the turn, or do we call and reevaluate on the turn. Depends entirely on the opponent, I think, but there's actually more value in the weak-call than there should be. If the board pairs, .05/.10 players will usually be unable to fold if they have 87, Q8, or KQ. Also (and paradoxically), it's very possible that the min-raise signals that this player doesn't know how to maneuver his whole stack in there. If that's the case, he'll bet small on the turn trying to "keep milking you," then bet medium on the river to try to induce a call.So if you're already ahead, calling gives opponent a million outs on the turn. You've got position though, and villain probably isn't good at bet-sizing. Even if a straight-flush card comes on the turn, opponent may very well bet light and give you odds to try for the boat (and when you hit the boat, will still stack off with a call). And if the turn blanks and villain checks, you probably just blast it then, since a double check-raise is sooooo FPS.Anyway, that's all the considerations I can think of. Big raise or call, depending on read of the opponent. Call usually shouldn't be in our repertoire, but here I think it is.

You've got position though, and villain probably isn't good at bet-sizing. Even if a straight-flush card comes on the turn, opponent may very well bet light and give you odds to try for the boat (and when you hit the boat, will still stack off with a call). And if the turn blanks and villain checks, you probably just blast it then, since a double check-raise is sooooo FPS.
he has position on us. so if i call here and check turn, he can check back and then see free river.
he has position on us. so if i call here and check turn, he can check back and then see free river.
but he may or may not be drawing here. I know the gut feeling is to deny odds to draws but we can only repop flop if we know based on our reads that he almost never comes back over top, and we face that possiblity.
Yep, I totally missed that. I think we have to repop here, and call a push. The other option is to call and then donk-bet a safe turn card, but that option is pretty terrible... if we're behind, we get popped on the turn, if we're ahead, villain can play better against us.In position, I think the call has some value. Out of position, and not mega-deepstacked, it's rarely a bad idea to push hard with a set...
reraise to $4 and make it look like we have a big draw and call the shove.
We will never make money at this game waiting for safe turns on drawy boards with bottom set. We may save money, but we will never make money.
See the above

With your hand on this board, if villain is ahead you have a lot of equity, so getting it in is never a huge mistake, if at all.But if we are ahead and we don't get it in on the flop and we allow villain to hit his draw for free, or allow him to fold when he doesn't, then we've made a much bigger mistake.