Do You Have A Tell?

You may never know if you're giving off any tells. Obviously, if you feel your hands shaking, your pulse increase or major changes in your body composure, you can be sure some people may be able to read into these physical tells and over time, determine what they most likely mean. So, all you can do is keep your reactions to a minimal and try to remain rather emotionless during a hand in which you are involved in, at least until it's over.

if you are worried about giving off tells live then script what you do. look at your cards,... count to five and stare blank ahead, decide, count chips, put in the same way every single time, if you like to talk then say the it the same way every time, back to blank stare ahead or at a fixed point, wait for next thing. Go Patrik Antonious on there asses! i wouldn't worry too much about it thou tells are kind of overrated imo, just observe betting patterns and you should be good

I'm talking about live play. I would think I would have to completely change the way I play to be less predictable online. Do you have a solution for the online play?
I noticed a few tells of myself when I first started out. I would instantly make a standard x3 BB raise with raising hands but not monsters. With AA/KK I would be like wow look what I've got and wait a bit before making a raise (unintentionally). This would get the table to insta fold almost every time. So I ran it by another table for about an hour and the tell worked. This time I had 8 4 off made the same play and got the table to fold.Can't think of anymore at the minute but once I remember I'll bump this thread.

I always pay attention to my tells... Live and Online. So if i do pick one up ill use it in the opposite situation if that makes sense... If my tell is i quickly reach for chips if im strong and reach for my cards when im weak, ill do the opposite. Showing no emotion helps a lot.

i have a vein in my forehead and another in my neck that pops out when i get excited about something. i have no idea how i would go about controlling this. when i play live i always wear a sweater that covers as much of my neck as possible without being a turtle neck and comb my hair down over my face.

if you are worried about giving off tells live then script what you do. look at your cards,... count to five and stare blank ahead, decide, count chips, put in the same way every single time, if you like to talk then say the it the same way every time, back to blank stare ahead or at a fixed point, wait for next thing. Go Patrik Antonious on there asses! i wouldn't worry too much about it thou tells are kind of overrated imo, just observe betting patterns and you should be good
That's fine. But if you're going to have a script, don't be a douche and take 30 seconds to act on every street for every $2 pot. M'KKKK?
i have a vein in my forehead and another in my neck that pops out when i get excited about something. i have no idea how i would go about controlling this. when i play live i always wear a sweater that covers as much of my neck as possible without being a turtle neck and comb my hair down over my face.
:club:

I played w/ a semi-pro earlier this year.I asked him if I had any obvious tells?He replied, "I can't tell you what they are."I ended up asking him, "Then what are some tells of other people you saw?"He replied, "Pulses can be a big tell."I had a feeling he was refering to me.I get a huge rush when I'm playing any hand. I guess that's what draws me to the game.I really focus on being calm now and exploiting that tell in different situations.*Everyone has tells it's just a matter of figuring out what they mean*

I played w/ a semi-pro earlier this year.I asked him if I had any obvious tells?He replied, "I can't tell you what they are."I ended up asking him, "Then what are some tells of other people you saw?"He replied, "Pulses can be a big tell."I had a feeling he was refering to me.I get a huge rush when I'm playing any hand. I guess that's what draws me to the game.I really focus on being calm now and exploiting that tell in different situations.*Everyone has tells it's just a matter of figuring out what they mean*
lol - technically people who make money at poker i.e winning players who also have a full time job ARE semi-pro players. Can I call myself a semi-pro? I lol'd, did he actually call himself a semi-pro...thats sooo funny.
lol - technically people who make money at poker i.e winning players who also have a full time job ARE semi-pro players. Can I call myself a semi-pro? I lol'd, did he actually call himself a semi-pro...thats sooo funny.
He just said, "He plays full time." He played in two WSOP events including the main event with Nelly @ his table. He's good friends with Ted Forrest who's broke btw.I don't know I would classify him as semi-pro. Maybe just a "full-time-player" is a good name?
He just said, "He plays full time." He played in two WSOP events including the main event with Nelly @ his table. He's good friends with Ted Forrest who's broke btw.
Is Ted broke, how? :club: