Should I Be Mad? Or Is This Standard?

FYI, I was the BB.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to *Lone*Trout* [Jc 7c]Poclar: foldsPalomino119: foldsdbfishnet: foldsthedankmoe: foldsdmntree: foldsjansep: calls 200Thick Lead: calls 100*Lone*Trout*: checks*** FLOP *** [7d 8h 7h]Thick Lead: bets 400*Lone*Trout*: raises 400 to 800jansep: foldsThick Lead: calls 400*** TURN *** [7d 8h 7h] [9s]Thick Lead: checks*Lone*Trout*: bets 1650 and is all-inThick Lead: calls 1650*** RIVER *** [7d 8h 7h 9s] [6h]*** SHOW DOWN ***Thick Lead: shows [5d 5c] (a straight, Five to Nine)*Lone*Trout*: shows [Jc 7c] (three of a kind, Sevens)Thick Lead collected 5500 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 5500 | Rake 0Board [7d 8h 7h 9s 6h]Seat 1: Thick Lead (small blind) showed [5d 5c] and won (5500) with a straight, Five to NineSeat 2: *Lone*Trout* (big blind) showed [Jc 7c] and lost with three of a kind, SevensSeat 3: Poclar folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Palomino119 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: dbfishnet folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: thedankmoe folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: dmntree folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: jansep (button) folded on the FlopI can't wrap my mind around his call of the flop reraise. I.............f*ck it!*L*T*

FYI, I was the BB.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to *Lone*Trout* [Jc 7c]Poclar: foldsPalomino119: foldsdbfishnet: foldsthedankmoe: foldsdmntree: foldsjansep: calls 200Thick Lead: calls 100*Lone*Trout*: checks*** FLOP *** [7d 8h 7h]Thick Lead: bets 400*Lone*Trout*: raises 400 to 800jansep: foldsThick Lead: calls 400*** TURN *** [7d 8h 7h] [9s]Thick Lead: checks*Lone*Trout*: bets 1650 and is all-inThick Lead: calls 1650*** RIVER *** [7d 8h 7h 9s] [6h]*** SHOW DOWN ***Thick Lead: shows [5d 5c] (a straight, Five to Nine)*Lone*Trout*: shows [Jc 7c] (three of a kind, Sevens)Thick Lead collected 5500 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 5500 | Rake 0Board [7d 8h 7h 9s 6h]Seat 1: Thick Lead (small blind) showed [5d 5c] and won (5500) with a straight, Five to NineSeat 2: *Lone*Trout* (big blind) showed [Jc 7c] and lost with three of a kind, SevensSeat 3: Poclar folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Palomino119 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: dbfishnet folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: thedankmoe folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: dmntree folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: jansep (button) folded on the FlopI can't wrap my mind around his call of the flop reraise. I.............f*ck it!*L*T*
Didn't you min-raise hoping he would call you with basically anything in the first place?
Didn't you min-raise hoping he would call you with basically anything in the first place?
I min raised thinking he was just trying to steal or was semi-bluffing on a draw. I wanted him to go away. I guess I should have raised 2x or 3x his bet. I'm not convinced he would have folded even then. Unfortunately the river miracle came right on cue. Thanks for the insight. I learned something today. *L*T*
I min raised thinking he was just trying to steal or was semi-bluffing on a draw. I wanted him to go away. I guess I should have raised 2x or 3x his bet. I'm not convinced he would have folded even then. Unfortunately the river miracle came right on cue. Thanks for the insight. I learned something today. *L*T*
You gotta raise more, indeed, if you believe he's on a draw. Enough to cut reduce his pot odds for it to be an incorrect play. If he thought you min-raised thinking he was bluffing therefor you trying to bluff back at him, that with the pot odds make his call not so bad (even though this is much of a long shot considering that he's really likely a bad player who only play his cards and overrated his small pocket pair - common player a micro stakes).If you believe he would still call you if you raised more (not unlikely), then you should be glad to be playing with him. I know it's annoying answer since it never seems like the moment you can stack him ever happens (to me anyway) but that would be the correct way of thinking.
LOL.You had 13xBB to start the hand, flopping trips from the BB with your stack should result in your trying to double up, not take a tiny bet and move on.