Cocktails

So I have been a beer drinker for 25+ years and have started to drink cocktails since I quit smoking cigarettes.I first started with cosmopolitans, then margaritas and have now "digressed" to dirty vodka martinis.3 oz vodka1 oz vermouth1/2 oz olive brineshaken not stirred 2 olivespost your favorite recipe and let's get this degenerate/alchoholic thread goin'

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have been a beer drinker for 25+ years and have started to drink cocktails since I quit smoking cigarettes.I first started with cosmopolitans, then margaritas and have now "digressed" to dirty vodka martinis.3 oz vodka1 oz vermouth1/2 oz olive brineshaken not stirred 2 olivespost your favorite recipe and let's get this degenerate/alchoholic thread goin'
i <3 dirty martini'ssome of my other favorites:Jack and Diet CokeVodka and Diet SunkistLong Islandsand sorry...to lazy to post the recipe to the last one!!!
i <3 dirty martini'ssome of my other favorites:Jack and Diet CokeVodka and Diet SunkistLong Islandsand sorry...to lazy to post the recipe to the last one!!!
I wouldn't consider a mixed drink like that a cocktail per se, but I suppose a vodka gimlet is just vodka mixed with Rose's lime soda so it could be argued to be a mixed drink rather than a cocktail.Anyway, my favourite cocktail is a vodka gimlet. If they don't know what it is make it a mojito. If they can't do that it's not worth drinking there. I'm also a fan of Carol Channings. They aren't too common and there are different recipes floating around, but what I had was eau de vie, prosecco and raspberry liquer.
I wouldn't consider a mixed drink like that a cocktail per se, but I suppose a vodka gimlet is just vodka mixed with Rose's lime soda so it could be argued to be a mixed drink rather than a cocktail.Anyway, my favourite cocktail is a vodka gimlet. If they don't know what it is make it a mojito. If they can't do that it's not worth drinking there. I'm also a fan of Carol Channings. They aren't too common and there are different recipes floating around, but what I had was eau de vie, prosecco and raspberry liquer.
yeah...i didn't think so either...but they are my favorites so fuck it!!!gimlet's are yummy!!I also had a pineapple mojito once which was amazing....All this talk about alcohol is upsetting me....sigh

Shark water Kamikaze:2 oz. Triple Sec2 oz. Vodka2 oz. Lime Juice1 wedge LimeSplash of Blue MauiSplash of Red Mauiyou're welcome.you might find one or two here.

This from the guy who has never been drunk?
I LOVE mixed drinks. I just drink in moderation. Also, I never drink beer. I find it disgusting... but that probably has to do with the fact that I didn't drink it at an early age. We never had beer in the house and I didn't even taste a beer until I was in college.In my house right now I have a shocking amount of alcohol for someone that has never been drunk.

We named these Caribbean Cluster****s. They are just made with stuff around the house. We use solo red cups but I'm sure you could splurge for something that doesn't end up in the garbage when you are done, although it makes cleanup after a breeze.1 part Passion Fruit Rum1 part Coconut RumFill the rest with equal parts Pineapple Juice and Rockstar OriginalNot bad to be honest.

I LOVE mixed drinks. I just drink in moderation. Also, I never drink beer. I find it disgusting... but that probably has to do with the fact that I didn't drink it at an early age. We never had beer in the house and I didn't even taste a beer until I was in college.In my house right now I have a shocking amount of alcohol for someone that has never been drunk. (Ask Napa)
I was in the same boat until about 6 months ago when my friend took me to a bar that had a huge beer list, and started me off drinking some really good shit, and I started to enjoy tasting it kinda like wine, until I got more used to the flavors, and have since been able to go down the line into some of the slightly cheaper stuff. I still won't touch anything Bud/Miller/Coors etc, but it's been interesting.Also, LG... If some place doesn't know what a fucking Gimlet is, then punch them in the face and walk out! I don't even drink them, but jesus!
Also, LG... If some place doesn't know what a fucking Gimlet is, then punch them in the face and walk out! I don't even drink them, but jesus!
Yeah, I find that if you go to a place that isn't a cocktail bar (for instance a pub) they don't always know what it is. They just don't train the barstaff that rigorously I guess, and it's not a super common request. They should know though.
Also, LG... If some place doesn't know what a fucking Gimlet is, then punch them in the face and walk out! I don't even drink them, but jesus!
Yeah, I find that if you go to a place that isn't a cocktail bar (for instance a pub) they don't always know what it is. They just don't train the barstaff that rigorously I guess, and it's not a super common request. They should know though.
I know what you mean, guys. I'm the same way with Shark Water Kamikazis. Bartenders need to know the fucking classics or be prepared for a punch in the face.
We named these Caribbean Cluster****s. They are just made with stuff around the house. We use solo red cups but I'm sure you could splurge for something that doesn't end up in the garbage when you are done, although it makes cleanup after a breeze.1 part Passion Fruit Rum1 part Coconut RumFill the rest with equal parts Pineapple Juice and Rockstar OriginalNot bad to be honest.
no offense...but this sounds really gay!!
This. Its amazing how much better Jack is with Diet Coke than regular Coke.Also: Aruba Ribas0.75 oz. Vodka dash Grenadine Juice of Grapefruit Juice Juice of Orange 0.75 oz. Rum Juice of Pineapple 0.5 oz. Creme de Grand Marnier Mixing Instruction Just put them in the order mentioned above. Drink it in a mug.I've only had these in Aruba, and they will sneak up on you and get you drunk.
I LOVE mixed drinks. I just drink in moderation. Also, I never drink beer. I find it disgusting... but that probably has to do with the fact that I didn't drink it at an early age. We never had beer in the house and I didn't even taste a beer until I was in college.In my house right now I have a shocking amount of alcohol for someone that has never been drunk.
Wow, thought I was the only one. I tried to start drinking beer when I was 21 and I truly believe that you just can't do that. I can pound a bottle of whiskey or vodka like it's nothing, but if I try to force myself to drink beer I'll puke every time.I've been obsessed with the idea of getting a Sidecar for the last little while, never had one but they sound good.

bourbonfresh lime juicefresh grapefruit juicelavender simple syrupgrand marnierrim glass with orange zest

bourbonfresh lime juicefresh grapefruit juicelavender simple syrupgrand marnierrim glass with orange zest
I have never drunk bourbon.what is lavender simple syrup?do have the recipe for this drink?
Wow, thought I was the only one. I tried to start drinking beer when I was 21 and I truly believe that you just can't do that. I can pound a bottle of whiskey or vodka like it's nothing, but if I try to force myself to drink beer I'll puke every time.I've been obsessed with the idea of getting a Sidecar for the last little while, never had one but they sound good.
what is a sidecar?
I have a secret for you. Everyone thinks beer is disgusting. It is. Most of us either lie to ourselves, or man up.
I have never drunk bourbon.what is lavender simple syrup?do have the recipe for this drink?
simple syrup is sugar water, to make a lavender one you just infuse the simple sugar with iti would go2oz bourban, sweeter one like jim beam1 ox fresh lime juice1/2 gm3 oz frsh grapefruit juice1/2 oz lavemder simple syrupshake over ice and serve

Summer is gone, but here's my favorite summer drink:1.5 to 2 ozs dark rumjuice of 1 limeSlurry it up and pour of ice into a tall glassfill glass with ginger beerlaugh at the sunit's called a Dark'n'Stormy...

Summer is gone, but here's my favorite summer drink:1.5 to 2 ozs dark rumjuice of 1 limeSlurry it up and pour of ice into a tall glassfill glass with ginger beerlaugh at the sunit's called a Dark'n'Stormy...
Like a Moscow Mule, only without the cool cup. And the vodka.