Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Poor old mother theresa wasn't poor... her ministry is a pain fetish, where she has the dying lying on hard mats in giant, side by side, in giant hot wearhouses of the dying. She thought that suffering was righteous, and did basically nothing alleviate the suffering of the dying, other than to tell them it was god's will. Meanwhile, the money she raised for her "ministry" was mostly spent on convents for her order.
Then hate the Catholic church, because I guarantee that they have total control over all that money. PLUS, giant warehouses are better than slums. Trust me... I have intimate, personal knowledge of India. Anytime you want to see pictures of the slums, let me know and I'll scan a bunch.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then hate the Catholic church, because I guarantee that they have total control over all that money. PLUS, giant warehouses are better than slums. Trust me... I have intimate, personal knowledge of India. Anytime you want to see pictures of the slums, let me know and I'll scan a bunch.
If you're interested in learning more about the contrarian position on mother theresa, I recommend this book...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Missionar...tion_%28book%29
To me its kinda like the prospect of inducting Tom Dwan into the poker hall of fame this year. I mean, he's awesome and everything but...come on, really?Thoughts?
President Barry Soetoro is awesome? No.
cuz twitter is dumb lol,
Twitter has a short life expectancy.
I sat here for a good minute trying to figure out this sentence, and for the life of me, I cannot.
He means to say he considers it to be like .... freerolling to world peace by luckboxing the Nobel Prize.
If you're interested in learning more about the contrarian position on mother theresa, I recommend this book...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Missionar...tion_%28book%29
That book looks very interesting. I went to Afghanistan with two women in 2007. One of whom had a private meeting with Mother Theresa in... oh... 1996? Anyway, she was very impressed with how genuinely she cared for people... so while I'm sure Hitchens is correct about many things (Like her not returning the stolen money... WTF!?)... many of his assumptions of her motivations are probably incorrect.I'll read the book.
so what you guys are saying is basically that obama is in fact the MOST deserving recipient ever? cool!
To be fair to Obama, he's infinitely more deserving than Gore.
I'd figure you'd have more spite towards Obama since he shut down your dairy queen and all..
Actually... good news. Obama hasn't fulfilled a single campaign promise as of yet (*fingers crossed*), and in spite of that somehow spent us into a 1.9 TRILLION dollar deficit for 2009. Give that man his [noble peace prize].
I definitely would have put Nelson Mandela in the group of frauds however. That guy is perched up like a hero of slavery or something... but when he was in power back in the 50's or whatever, he would murder people like crazy. His preferred method of murder was putting tires around his enemies, filling the tires with gas and lighting it on fire.
Being a native of South Africa and all, I find this paragraph extremely offensive, even if it is a joke.
I find this paragraph extremely offensive
me too."With 9/11's 5th Anniversary around the corner, I thought I'd remind people of our terrorism here in S.Africa. In my book, Government by Deception, I mentioned that during Nelson Mandela's trial, they found a document wherein he had said that some hideous punishment must be found for "traitors" (i.e. Blacks who actually support, work with and are friendly to Whites). In this document, Nelson Mandela suggested - cutting off their noses.Years later, his wife, Winnie Mandela, publicised the idea of "necklacing" the traitors - which is to burn them alive. They put a tyre around their necks, pour petrol in and set them on fire."
Actually... good news. Obama hasn't fulfilled a single campaign promise as of yet (*fingers crossed*), and in spite of that somehow spent us into a 1.9 TRILLION dollar deficit for 2009. Give that man his [noble peace prize].
So, his campaign promise was to close down your dairy queen?
So, his campaign promise was to close down your dairy queen?
Through various means... yes. It was more of an indirect promise. Like... "I love small business just like the next guy, but these greedy bastards need to start paying $9.50/hr minimum and provide health insurance free of charge, all while incurring a greater tax burden. I hope everything works out!"So I guess he did fulfill the greater taxes part of the promise. Stay tuned for more.
...and three years later is like the coldest year in the last 50... with almost zero hurricanes, instead of worldwide destruction.
This is like concluding that 64 is better than AA because you lost AA < 64 last night.
This is like concluding that 64 is better than AA because you lost AA < 64 last night.
Tell that to the scientists in the 70's that were scared about another ice age.Also, I thought we all determined in the political threads that the most man made damage to the climate possible is only like 0.26%. CAP THE VOLCANOS!! (..and give me a Nobel prize)
Maybe he would have earned it further into his term, but seriously...he was nominated 2 weeks in!! What could he have possibly done by then? I don't understand what the rush was to get him nominated.
maybe all the committee members want to get in line to wipe the poopy off his ass

me2: so what we're saying is that the president is a pansy?me3: well he is a hybridbrv: so we're really saying he's overrated and overpriced?and me2: so what we're saying is that the president is a pansy?me3: I'm so mad off of these schemesEl G: no that's a ponzi schememe2: aaayyyyy

From CNN:The Norwegian Nobel Committee said it gave the prize to Obama for his "efforts to strengthen international diplomacy," his "vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons" and for inspiring hope and creating "a new climate in international politics."Also: One person expressed "sheer disbelief" that Obama had won, in a Twitter posting, saying the prize should have gone to a person such as Zimbabwe's Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai because "he stood up to a murderous dictator." Another person said she "seriously cannot believe they gave Obama the Nobel Peace Prize. Ridiculous."Others had praise. One person wrote: "My president Just won the Nobel peace prize!!!! Go prez Obama."Really? We need to report on random people's Twitter postings?
Apparently they had no credible sources on this one! =D I may just have to open a Twitter account now, since it is the only way to get your point across.

They are reporting that he will donate the entire $1.4 million in prize money to charity.Which charities will be telling.but I do give him credit for giving all the money away.

I wonder what would happen if you put all the (living) nobel Peace prize winners in a room for, like, lunch or something. Anyone think there might be some fireworks, a fight or an arguement at very least? Is that too much to ask for?
I smell a reality show!Now someone funnier than me come up with a name.Edit: Maybe "War In Peace"?
They are reporting that he will donate the entire $1.4 million in prize money to charity.Which charities will be telling.but I do give him credit for giving all the money away.
I remember hearing a story about Al Gore's charitable giving in 1998 or 1999. It was the year before he ran for president and while he was Vice President. He & his wife together gave like $517 to charity for the whole year.... which was hilariously awesome.