President Barack Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in other words... I should work so your lazy ass doesn't have too?
Do you really think that 1% got there without taking advantage of large amounts of people? Unbridled greed is not good for anyone. Well, I guess those without a conscience would find it pretty cool.
Do you really think that 1% got there without taking advantage of large amounts of people? Unbridled greed is not good for anyone. Well, I guess those without a conscience would find it pretty cool.
I've been in that top 1% a couple of times in my life, and I can say unequivocably that I got there by letting people take advantage of me.So the answer to your question is no.
the who now?must be nice.
You'd think so, wouldn't you. I've also been in the bottom 10% a couple of times. It's obviously better to be in the top 1%, but there is a price to pay.
How much of my earnings should I give up 50%- 60% ? I am tired of working hard to give up 50% + of my wages to taxes... it never ends and you guys want more!A partial list of the various ways in which citizens of the US are taxed:Accounts Receivable Tax Building Permit Tax Capital Gains Tax CDL license Tax Cigarette Tax Corporate Income Tax Court Fines (indirect taxes) Deficit spending Dog License Tax Federal Income Tax Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA) Fishing License Tax Food License Tax Fuel permit tax Gasoline Tax Hunting License Tax Inflation Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money) Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax) IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax) Liquor Tax Local Income Tax Luxury Taxes Marriage License Tax Medicare Tax Property Tax Real Estate Tax Septic Permit Tax Service Charge Taxes Social Security Tax Road Usage Taxes (Truckers) Sales Taxes Recreational Vehicle Tax Road Toll Booth Taxes School Tax State Income Tax State Unemployment Tax (SUTA) Telephone federal excise tax Telephone federal universal service fee tax Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax Telephone state and local tax Telephone usage charge tax Toll Bridge Taxes Toll Tunnel Taxes Traffic Fines (indirect taxation) Trailer Registration Tax Utility Taxes Vehicle License Registration Tax Vehicle Sales Tax Watercraft Registration Tax Well Permit Tax Workers Compensation Tax
How much of my earnings should I give up 50%- 60% ? I am tired of working hard to give up 50% + of my wages to taxes... it never ends and you guys want more!A partial list of the various ways in which citizens of the US are taxed:Inflation Road Usage Taxes (Truckers) Road Toll Booth Taxes Toll Bridge Taxes Toll Tunnel Taxes Utility Taxes
So you don't want taxes to pay for roads or user fees for those that use them.What magic fairy dust do you want to use to have those things that are for the common good like roads.And utility taxes are called paying for your water and gas and electricity.And LOL at calling inflation a tax. You do realize that without a small amount of inflation the economy would be totally screwed. Moderate inflation is a lubricant that allows relative prices to change and the economy to be more efficient.Why do I even bother.

I hardly see a difference between the government taking care of the citizens health and the citizens safety. Why not get rid of Police Forces and let the richer pay those former cops to be their bodyguards while the poor fight for survival. Private > Goverment after all.

So you don't want taxes to pay for roads or user fees for those that use them.What magic fairy dust do you want to use to have those things that are for the common good like roads.And utility taxes are called paying for your water and gas and electricity.And LOL at calling inflation a tax. You do realize that without a small amount of inflation the economy would be totally screwed. Moderate inflation is a lubricant that allows relative prices to change and the economy to be more efficient.Why do I even bother.
Typical from you - That is a list of just some of the Taxes we pay... I do not mind paying some tax but at what point is enough enough? Where is that point? Over 50% of my income goes to a taxation of some sort... And the liberals in Washington have the Audacity to say that I havent paid my fair share?How do we pay all of these taxes and have most every program and State Bankrupt or heading that way..The Federal Government cant run ANYTHING efficiently - period end of story!Why do I even bother?

Here are some of your Tax increases in the Baucus BillExcise Tax on High-Cost Health Plans. New 40% excise tax on health insurance plans to the extent they exceed $26,000 in cost ($9850 single). Exemptions made for over-55 retirees and “high-risk” professions; high-cost states phased inIndividual Mandate Tax. If you don’t sign up for health insurance, you will have to pay a tax in the following range: Single Family 100-300% FPL $750 $1500 300% + FPL $900 $1900 Employer Mandate Tax. $400 per employee if health coverage is not offered. Note: this is a huge incentive to drop coverage, as $400 is much less than the average plan cost of $11,000 for families or $5000 for singles (Source: AHIP)Backdoor Death of HSAs. By requiring that all plans (besides the few that are grandfathered) provided actuarially-generous coverage for most services, there would be no HSA-qualifying plans available from the Massachusetts-like exchangesReport Employer Health Spending on W-2. This is clearly a setup for the easy individual taxation of employer-provided health insurance down the road.Cap Flex-Spending Account (FSA) Contributions at $2500. Currently unlimited.Eliminate tax deduction for employer-provided retirement Rx drug coverage in coordination with Medicare Part DMedicine Cabinet Tax. Americans would no longer be able to purchase over-the-counter medicines with their FSA, HSA, or HRAIncrease Non-Qualified HSA Distribution Penalty from 10% to 20%. This makes HSAs less attractive, and paves the way for HSA pre-verificationCorporate 1099-MISC Information Reporting. Currently, only non-corporations providing property or services for a business must be issued at 1099-MISC. This would expand the requirement to corporations doing business with other businesses. Various industry tax grabs based on market share. $2.3 billion PhRMA; $6 billion health insurance providers; $4 billion medical device manufacturersIncrease “haircut” of medical itemized deductions from 7.5% to 10% of adjusted gross income (AGI)

And LOL at calling inflation a tax. You do realize that without a small amount of inflation the economy would be totally screwed. Moderate inflation is a lubricant that allows relative prices to change and the economy to be more efficient.
inflation Tax explainedhttp://article.nationalreview.com/?q=Y2QwN...DhmMGMzZmMyZGU=
Let’s say that in 1970 you bought an asset for $1,000 and you sold it today for $4,000. Under current law, you would owe the government tax on a $3,000 capital gain. But in reality you would owe that tax on an investment that had lost value in real terms — in other words, your $1,000 in 1970 would have had greater purchasing power than $4,000 does today. It’s in this way that you can lose real money on an investment and still owe capital-gains taxes. In this example the tax is not really a capital gains tax at all, but an inflation tax.
And LOL at calling inflation a tax. You do realize that without a small amount of inflation the economy would be totally screwed. Moderate inflation is a lubricant that allows relative prices to change and the economy to be more efficient.
Sound money and economic growth does not require inflation. Most of the world had commodity based monetary standards for most of history, yet we managed to pull ourselves up out of the caves. Fiat money is a relatively recent invention, and has led to a lot of economic harm.If you mean "given that we have fiat currency, a small amount of inflation is necessary", that's probably true, as central planning can never be efficient enough to get it exactly right.

Bringing the subject back to the original subject, I find it funny that right after Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize, we attacked the moon and suffered 0 casualties.

i dont get it did we attack the rocks or something?
I don't get the 'joke' at all, nor do I understand how the 'joke' teller found it funny, but NASA bombed the moon in search of ice.

Here is an interesting tax quandry:I had a bad year last year, as did many. My business expenses and other write offs were higher than my income. I am getting back more than I paid the governement because of tax credits. (some of this is stimulus money which I got an IOU for last year)I am not going to turn it down, but WTF? The government is paying me for having a bad year financially.I am basically applying it all to this year, because this year has been leaps and bounds different than last year.

Here is an interesting tax quandry:I had a bad year last year, as did many. My business expenses and other write offs were higher than my income. I am getting back more than I paid the governement because of tax credits. (some of this is stimulus money which I got an IOU for last year)I am not going to turn it down, but WTF? The government is paying me for having a bad year financially.I am basically applying it all to this year, because this year has been leaps and bounds different than last year.
Yeah, the tax laws are ridiculous. They encourage recklessness and failure. Over the last 10 years my tax bill has ranged from zero to $105K. The better I do, the more I'm punished. What I've learned is that extra work is not worth it, because the marginal gains are minimal.

Glenn Beck just requested that Obama give back the Nobel Prize......then suggested it should go to the tea party goers and his 9/12 project.Faaaaaantastic.