Ak In Tourny/cash Game

You mind explain your reasoning for rather shoving AK in a cash game than in a tourney..?I take it we are taking regular tournies, and not the few deepstacked ones. In a normal tourny you have to multiply your stack many times before facing the chance of winning anything. If you loose on the other hand, you only loose your buy-in and not your whole stack. This fact alone speaks for taking larger risks in tournies than you do in cash games. I mean.. in most "regular" tournies you will often find people at stacks as low as 10 big blinds, wichmakes their ranges way wider than in any regular cash game. Decent players playing cash games will allways keep their stack deep enough to get value of their big hands, thus making their shoving range preflop very samll.I sincerely cannot find any logical reasoning behind your statement about shoving AK in cash games, mr Kreppsen.

You mind explain your reasoning for rather shoving AK in a cash game than in a tourney..?
It all depends a lot on the situation of course but I'll try to explain why I think shoving is better in cash games with AK than in tourneys.In cash games, the majority of people will play more aggresively to accumulate $. Getting AIPF with AK is ideal in cash games cause the majority of the time people will show weaker aces or PP, and since we're almost coinflipping to 99- and still have a decent 40-60 against anything up to QQ-1010. In the long run this will be profitable (TN, feel free to put some statistics in stove and show us the exact numbers)If we lose, my next load of money is two clicks away.If I win, off we go to another table.Let's say we've been running a tourney for 90 minutes, blinds increase but we still got an M of 25. I don't like putting my tournament life at risk with AK PF, I would rather prefer to play it a little more safe. Of course bet PF hard but go to the flop, re-evaluate and then, let's say we hit our ace, we may shove. Situation, situation, situation!You say we gotta double our stack a lot of times? You're right, but no one said we had to double up to only AIPF. Outplay opponents on flop/turn/river and when we know we have them crushed we will put all our money in good. If we lose, our tourney is over, 90 minutes is wasted, my buy-in's gone and I can't take my share of the prizepool. All we lost was our buy-in?If we win, we have ourselves a huge stack but that still doesn't guarantee us a price like it would in a cash game.Also, when playing tourneys the top price is way bigger than any of our cash game wins, so giving up this chance for one hand would be ridicolous. I'd rather play a lot of hands solid than throw it all away in one hand.Really, this all depends on the situation, sometimes you might even want to fold AK. I don't really know what there is left to say. The hardest thing isn't to answer but to ask the right questions, and for me this question is way too general to give a proper response. I'm gonna start a company, what do I do?
In cash games, the majority of people will play more aggresively to accumulate $. Getting AIPF with AK is ideal in cash games cause the majority of the time people will show weaker aces or PP, and since we're almost coinflipping to 99- and still have a decent 40-60 against anything up to QQ-1010. In the long run this will be profitable (TN, feel free to put some statistics in stove and show us the exact numbers)If we lose, our tourney is over, 90 minutes is wasted, my buy-in's gone and I can't take my share of the prizepool. All we lost was our buy-in?If we win, we have ourselves a huge stack but that still doesn't guarantee us a price like it would in a cash game.Also, when playing tourneys the top price is way bigger than any of our cash game wins, so giving up this chance for one hand would be ridicolous. I'd rather play a lot of hands solid than throw it all away in one hand.
every word of this is backwardspeople are way more willing to be all in preflop with worse than AK in a tournament, not in a cash gamealso, constantly being on the bad end of a coinflip is not profitable, unless there is constantly lots of dead money in the pot (which btw there is more likely to be in a tournament than in a cash game)
people are way more willing to be all in preflop with worse than AK in a tournament, not in a cash gamealso, constantly being on the bad end of a coinflip is not profitable, unless there is constantly lots of dead money in the pot (which btw there is more likely to be in a tournament than in a cash game)
Yes, I can see this, but like I said it depends and you gotta include all factors and this question is just way off. From time to time I have no problem shoving AKo and sometimes I just fold them. This goes for both cash and tourneys. I got no problem playing neither of them but I like to play my tournaments a little more safe, but like I said if the best play to me is a shove then it's no problem. But, I'm not as comfortable doing this in a tourney as I would be in a cash game.I don't think I'll discuss this anymore because we can't really give him good answers on what to do with AK.EDIT: The long version of this got deleted, pc shut me down.