All Time Money List

Well, as mentioned Daniel is the new no. 1 on the All Time Money List. In case you were curious as to the actual list see below. It's a bit messy but y'all figure it out I'm sure.All Time Money List1st Canada Daniel Negreanu $ 12,427,0472nd United States Jamie Gold $ 12,198,0413rd United States Phil Ivey $ 12,096,3024th United States Phil Hellmuth Jr $ 10,926,5215th Australia Joe Hachem $ 10,788,7176th United States Scotty Nguyen $ 10,705,5817th United States Allen Cunningham $ 10,386,2118th United States Erik Seidel $ 9,793,3759th Denmark Peter Eastgate $ 9,783,09010th United States T.J. Cloutier $ 9,776,09911th Indonesia John Juanda $ 9,651,14012th United States Men 'The Master' Nguyen $ 9,217,28713th Spain Carlos Mortensen $ 8,700,89614th United States Jerry Yang $ 8,263,39315th United States Johnny Chan $ 8,232,65116th United States David 'The Dragon' Pham $ 8,158,94817th United States Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson $ 7,957,61918th United States Justin Cuong Van Tran $ 7,938,16919th United States Paul Wasicka $ 7,628,12720th Denmark Gus Hansen $ 7,421,45421st United States Erick Lindgren $ 7,391,50422nd United States Mike 'The Mouth' Matusow $ 7,292,23723rd United States Barry Greenstein $ 6,971,02924th United States Michael 'The Grinder' Mizrachi $ 6,940,58325th United States Greg Raymer $ 6,798,03626th United States Dan Harrington $ 6,605,21827th Russia Ivan Demidov $ 6,586,26628th United States David Chiu $ 6,476,32929th United States David Williams $ 6,360,87530th United States Kassem 'Freddy' Deeb $ 6,294,20731st United States Mike Binger $ 6,221,44032nd United States Nam Le $ 5,965,72333rd United States Doyle Brunson $ 5,870,78434th France Bertrand Grospellier $ 5,843,43335th United States Ted Forrest $ 5,742,55836th England Dave 'Devilfish' Ulliott $ 5,666,18537th United States Kathy Liebert $ 5,566,68238th Costa Rica Humberto Brenes $ 5,558,83839th United States Howard Lederer $ 5,493,35740th United States Bon Phan $ 5,379,16041st United States Alan Goehring $ 5,185,08442nd United States Huck Seed $ 5,060,91443rd United States Dewey Tomko $ 4,936,95344th Canada Tuan Lam $ 4,851,42445th Canada Gavin Smith $ 4,830,05746th United States Dennis Phillips $ 4,766,38447th United States Josh Arieh $ 4,722,33548th United States 'Miami' John Cernuto $ 4,684,94549th United States Tuan Le $ 4,624,37550th England Roland de Wolfe $ 4,609,32151st United States Steven Dannenmann $ 4,541,73752nd United States Gavin Griffin $ 4,540,11853rd United States Hasan Habib $ 4,401,57854th Sweden Chris Bjorin $ 4,385,23255th United States Hoyt Corkins $ 4,355,99856th United States David 'Chino' Rheem $ 4,328,09957th Canada Nenad Medic $ 4,283,10658th United States Layne Flack $ 4,275,79559th United States Andy Bloch $ 4,219,28660th United States Ylon Schwartz $ 4,200,33561st United States Hieu Ngoc Ma $ 4,188,27762nd United States David Singer $ 4,161,16163rd United States John Bonetti $ 4,148,54864th Ireland Andy Black $ 4,139,04165th United States Lee Watkinson $ 4,122,60566th United States Joe Bartholdi Jr. $ 4,112,25867th United States Jonathan Little $ 4,035,86568th Italy Jeff 'Iceman' Lisandro $ 4,033,94569th Russia Vitaly Lunkin $ 3,942,36870th England Surinder Sunar $ 3,940,75171st Australia Antanas Guoga $ 3,900,60672nd United States Nick Schulman $ 3,882,91473rd United States David 'Chip' Reese $ 3,843,65874th United States Mike Sexton $ 3,785,95575th United States Jack Keller $ 3,773,89176th United States Jason Mercier $ 3,752,23077th United States Scott Clements $ 3,742,46278th Netherlands Marcel Luske $ 3,740,34379th Ireland Marty Smyth $ 3,708,20880th United States Annie Duke $ 3,699,77981st United States Stu Ungar $ 3,645,82182nd Canada Scott Montgomery $ 3,593,74883rd United States Chau Giang $ 3,560,23984th United States Antonio Esfandiari $ 3,490,02985th France David Benyamine $ 3,471,67986th Canada Glen Chorny $ 3,459,60187th United States William Edler $ 3,430,86488th United States Eugene Katchalov $ 3,404,09089th United States James Van Alstyne $ 3,385,02690th South Africa Raymond Rahme $ 3,384,74291st Sweden Martin De Knijff $ 3,372,38392nd United States Rhett Butler $ 3,367,46993rd United States Berry Johnston $ 3,363,26894th United States Todd Brunson $ 3,338,52395th United States Shannon Shorr $ 3,331,49896th England Ram 'Crazy Horse' Vaswani $ 3,274,58897th Iran Amir Vahedi $ 3,264,44898th United States Toto Leonidas $ 3,243,94999th United States Michael Martin $ 3,243,109100th United States John Hennigan $ 3,242,758

Ivey automatically overtakes him in November right? Or the money he is guaranteed is being counted and if he busted 1st in the Nov 9 he would be still be 3rd?Congrats to DN anyway, nice accomplishment.

Ivey automatically overtakes him in November right? Or the money he is guaranteed is being counted and if he busted 1st in the Nov 9 he would be still be 3rd?Congrats to DN anyway, nice accomplishment.
Is it just me or are there two mirror threads with the same post after the OP!?Ya, pretty sure Ivey will automatically jump ahead. Official results for leaderboards and such aren't until a tournament finishes. I wonder why Daniel didn't hang around to play EPT London...good size field and prize money. In terms of All time list and POY you'd think he'd give it a go.
Is it just me or are there two mirror threads with the same post after the OP!?Ya, pretty sure Ivey will automatically jump ahead. Official results for leaderboards and such aren't until a tournament finishes. I wonder why Daniel didn't hang around to play EPT London...good size field and prize money. In terms of All time list and POY you'd think he'd give it a go.
He flew straight to LA to shoot the TV Show that will be on Fox on Oct 11th and 18th after football.
Is it just me or are there two mirror threads with the same post after the OP!?
Yea, you doubled posted the thread somehow. I just added my reply to the second thread just to cause some confusion
Ya, pretty sure Ivey will automatically jump ahead.
Incorrect.From Daniel's latest blog: "The second place finish did put me on top of the all-time tournament money leaders list at over $12 million in career earnings which is something I'm proud of, but I think Ivey will crush that in November! He need a 5th or better and I think he's going to win it all."
What prize money is considered in the 'official' money list? Is this just WSOP earnings?
No , Phil helmuth is the WSOP all time money earner. by the looks of the lists it seems to cover most tournaments. They are even coming one in australia on the 5th that I have never heard of. Not bad considering I live in the country.
No , Phil helmuth is the WSOP all time money earner.
If I counted correctly, Hellmuth made a bit more than 6 million at the WSOP over the years according to that website, so at the very least the recent main event winners Gold, Hachem, Eastgate and Yang are ahead of him, if you only count the WSOP cashes.
No , Phil helmuth is the WSOP all time money earner. by the looks of the lists it seems to cover most tournaments. They are even coming one in australia on the 5th that I have never heard of. Not bad considering I live in the country.
Hellmuth has won $6,106,838 at the WSOP and ranks 9th on the WSOP All Time Money List.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Hellmuth...Series_of_Poker

I think you guys are all forgetting...

so why do u need to know phil's net worth winnings,,,does it tell u anything??? Money winnings is irrelevant

It is a nice accomplishment for Daniel but you have to take it with a grain of salt. Jamie Gold and Peter Eastgate have more career winnings than T.J. Cloutier and Johnny Chan. Perhaps someone should compile a list of who has won the most major tournaments (I am sure it would be T.J.) and also the WSOP should compile a ranking system that includes final tables and bracelets divided into tournaments entered. Two separate percentages and then average them together - a guy like Hellmuth would still be towards the top but it would be a way to balance out the guys who play 30 tourneys at the WSOP against the guys who play alot of cash - also I would include in the formula a higher reward for results in the 5k and 10 k events (and higher) than the 1500 buy in donkaments. My personal rankings would include Daniel in the top 3 all time tournament players but wouldn't include half the players in the top 10 money won list. No other sport judges their all time greats on the size of their contract - Jerry Rice is probably the greatest receiver in history but might not even be in top 20 all time money earned due to increased salary caps due to higher TV ad revenue, higher ticket prices, merchandising,etc You could include Cloutier, Ivey, Negreanu, and Chan in the top tier along with Doyle - with a 2nd group of tourney players including Juanda, Ferguson Cunningham, Scotty, Seidel, perhaps Johnny Moss and a 3rd group including Hellmuth, Matusow, Lindgren and Greenstein.Players like JC Tran, Tuan Le, The Grinder, Nam Le, Kenny Tran would make honorable mention and will likely pass some of the names above them in the next 10 years.

I just realized I'm starting to become someone disinterested with the "poker world" just now when it only took me to #18 to not recognize someone's name and accomplishments.I still think it's absolutely amazing to think that Phil Ivey will be the best in the world at something that he just plays for his side bets and instead makes his main income from cash games. That's just unbelievable to me.Congrats to Daniel in the short run of his #1 status only 2 years after Jamie Gold luckboxxed and donkstruck his way to #1. And I agree, Ivey is my pick for the winner this year and hope for it to bring back 2004 when poker was easy peezy lemon squeezy. I sucked then and want to have one chance to capitolize on that.

If I counted correctly, Hellmuth made a bit more than 6 million at the WSOP over the years according to that website, so at the very least the recent main event winners Gold, Hachem, Eastgate and Yang are ahead of him, if you only count the WSOP cashes.
Im was thinking cashes. Considering gold is 2nd from just one 12m win , my previous post is pretty retarded.
It is a nice accomplishment for Daniel but you have to take it with a grain of salt. Jamie Gold and Peter Eastgate have more career winnings than T.J. Cloutier and Johnny Chan. Perhaps someone should compile a list of who has won the most major tournaments (I am sure it would be T.J.) and also the WSOP should compile a ranking system that includes final tables and bracelets divided into tournaments entered. Two separate percentages and then average them together - a guy like Hellmuth would still be towards the top but it would be a way to balance out the guys who play 30 tourneys at the WSOP against the guys who play alot of cash - also I would include in the formula a higher reward for results in the 5k and 10 k events (and higher) than the 1500 buy in donkaments. My personal rankings would include Daniel in the top 3 all time tournament players but wouldn't include half the players in the top 10 money won list. No other sport judges their all time greats on the size of their contract - Jerry Rice is probably the greatest receiver in history but might not even be in top 20 all time money earned due to increased salary caps due to higher TV ad revenue, higher ticket prices, merchandising,etc You could include Cloutier, Ivey, Negreanu, and Chan in the top tier along with Doyle - with a 2nd group of tourney players including Juanda, Ferguson Cunningham, Scotty, Seidel, perhaps Johnny Moss and a 3rd group including Hellmuth, Matusow, Lindgren and Greenstein.Players like JC Tran, Tuan Le, The Grinder, Nam Le, Kenny Tran would make honorable mention and will likely pass some of the names above them in the next 10 years.
Stu unger won 3 main events and 3 super bowls of poker on that front he is second to none.

T.J. Cloutier must've crushed back in the day to be that high on the list and not doing much since the poker boom.Comments on his play pre-03 Daniel? I've never played with him before.

Hellmuth in the 3rd group is completely stupid, as his accomplishment throughout hid career cannot be compared with those from Lindgren Matusow and Greenstein. Hes got the record in cashes, finat tables, bracelets,in terms of results he is the best, he'd won absolutely everything in the WSOP NLHE. what else he needs to win? does he have to win the main event in 3 consecutive years? i dont get it In other words u r saying Lindgren is at the same level as Hellmuth, sounds pretty ridiculous don't u think? anyone with a slight sense of reality would say Hellmuth should be in the first group. Just saying, he has the best results than any other pro, and he beat more players than any other two pros combined. He won $1000 buy in tourneys with like 2000 players in it, and those are not easy tasks, I should tell u.
Hellmuth in the 3rd group is completely stupid, as his accomplishment throughout hid career cannot be compared with those from Lindgren Matusow and Greenstein. Hes got the record in cashes, finat tables, bracelets,in terms of results he is the best, he'd won absolutely everything in the WSOP NLHE. what else he needs to win? does he have to win the main event in 3 consecutive years? i dont get it In other words u r saying Lindgren is at the same level as Hellmuth, sounds pretty ridiculous don't u think? anyone with a slight sense of reality would say Hellmuth should be in the first group. Just saying, he has the best results than any other pro, and he beat more players than any other two pros combined. He won $1000 buy in tourneys with like 2000 players in it, and those are not easy tasks, I should tell u.
In the last 5 or 6 years Lindgren has won 2 WPT titles, the Aussie Millions high roller event, a WSOP bracelet, Player of the year at WSOP 2008 and 3rd place at 50k HORSE - Hellmuth would not have had a chance in either the 50k or 100k buy in - in fact I don't think he even played in the HORSE event this year. Also, I put him in the top 12 tournament players of all time, not exactly ripping his skill. Maybe Daniel will weigh in on who he would rate as the better player overall, oh wait, he did as he had million dollar side bets on himself and E-Dog this year (and yes I know Erick didn't run well at the WSOP this year) but over the last few years I guarantee Erick has clearly outshone PH. Now if Hellmuth ever wins a WPT event, or a high roller event, or any event where he doesn't get the majority of his chips off terrible amateurs I would have to re-evaluate.
In the last 5 or 6 years Lindgren has won 2 WPT titles, the Aussie Millions high roller event, a WSOP bracelet, Player of the year at WSOP 2008 and 3rd place at 50k HORSE - Hellmuth would not have had a chance in either the 50k or 100k buy in - in fact I don't think he even played in the HORSE event this year. Also, I put him in the top 12 tournament players of all time, not exactly ripping his skill. Maybe Daniel will weigh in on who he would rate as the better player overall, oh wait, he did as he had million dollar side bets on himself and E-Dog this year (and yes I know Erick didn't run well at the WSOP this year) but over the last few years I guarantee Erick has clearly outshone PH. Now if Hellmuth ever wins a WPT event, or a high roller event, or any event where he doesn't get the majority of his chips off terrible amateurs I would have to re-evaluate.
Let's put things into perspective. Assuming that because someone buy ins for 10k or 50k is better poker player than someone who plays only 1k or 2.5k tourneys it's a bit lame. That conclusion is at least inaccurate, u should know it. I would rather tell you that winning a 1k NLHE tourney is far harder than a 50k with just 100 players in it. In the first one u gotta beat 2000 players and be concentrated for 40 hours while in the 50k u just gotta double up 2 times and u r in the final table. So please stop with that silly assumptions related with the buy in, again, it's much harder to win a 1k tournament where u gotta adjust your game to beat 2000 players that of course, there might be some amateurs, but also many excellent players that just don't want to spend so much money on a poker tournament.