• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I just confused..? Is your bank account not overdrawn yet? If you close the account and then e-checks tries to pull money from it, you could run yourself into legal trouble. If you're serious about trying to defraud these people, I'd find out their policies on who holds who responsible. If E-Checks stays out of it, then Full Tilt can't do much of anything(people do chargebacks pretty often).. but if E-Checks is going to try and collect on it, then you're pretty well effed. If it's already overdrawn your account/frozen your account, you're pretty well effed too. Sorry if I'm missing something here.. I've never used E-Checks and/or tried to defraud a poker site.

Am I just confused..? Is your bank account not overdrawn yet? If you close the account and then e-checks tries to pull money from it, you could run yourself into legal trouble. If you're serious about trying to defraud these people, I'd find out their policies on who holds who responsible. If E-Checks stays out of it, then Full Tilt can't do much of anything(people do chargebacks pretty often).. but if E-Checks is going to try and collect on it, then you're pretty well effed. Sorry if I'm missing something here.. I've never used E-Checks and/or tried to defraud a poker site.
Like I said, I do not know if I am going to do this. It seems as though it could work but I have no idea. I am not trying to defraud anybody. Just delay the time period in which I have to come up with 2,500 dollars. One thing that I read online was that you know online poker is illegal so they can't do much about it if I close my account. I don't know if that is true.My bank is over drawn but my bank rejects the money e checks is trying to take out because I don't have it. So they send it back to full tilt and I get a 30 dollar charge. I emailed them and they will continue every month to collect the funds. If I close my bank account, then they can't collect it and I will have an outstanding balance on full tilt and pokerstars and therefore can not play poker until I pay those funds. I am looking for options because I can't come up with 2,500.
Like I said, I do not know if I am going to do this. It seems as though it could work but I have no idea. I am not trying to defraud anybody. Just delay the time period in which I have to come up with 2,500 dollars. One thing that I read online was that you know online poker is illegal so they can't do much about it if I close my account. I don't know if that is true.My bank is over drawn but my bank rejects the money e checks is trying to take out because I don't have it. So they send it back to full tilt and I get a 30 dollar charge. I emailed them and they will continue every month to collect the funds. If I close my bank account, then they can't collect it and I will have an outstanding balance on full tilt and pokerstars and therefore can not play poker until I pay those funds. I am looking for options because I can't come up with 2,500.
If it's Full Tilt and/or Poker Stars that's attempting to collect and not E-Checks and/or a collection agency of theirs..then I would consider closing the account and starting over. You're really better off just trying to pay it and make things right. Whether it's 50 dollars at a time or all at once. Otherwise..
if this story is real, good luck i guess.
If it's Full Tilt and/or Poker Stars that's attempting to collect and not E-Checks and/or a collection agency of theirs..then I would consider closing the account and starting over. You're really better off just trying to pay it and make things right. Whether it's 50 dollars at a time or all at once. Otherwise..
Yea. I think it is a collection agency. I think I am just going to have to search for a way to pay it off. That is my best bet. I am only a college student and I do not want to have to deal with any legal issues. I just read something online and got my hopes up. Thanks.
Just a random thought.If someone had hacked into your acct, and done this, would you be concerned with how to pay them back? Or would you be denying responsibility for the transactions?Catch my drift??
IP Addresses resolving to the address(es) they have on file for him might make that hard to prove.
Am I just confused..? Is your bank account not overdrawn yet? If you close the account and then e-checks tries to pull money from it, you could run yourself into legal trouble. If you're serious about trying to defraud these people, I'd find out their policies on who holds who responsible. If E-Checks stays out of it, then Full Tilt can't do much of anything(people do chargebacks pretty often).. but if E-Checks is going to try and collect on it, then you're pretty well effed. If it's already overdrawn your account/frozen your account, you're pretty well effed too. Sorry if I'm missing something here.. I've never used E-Checks and/or tried to defraud a poker site.
it has nothing to do with e checks, and its basicly the gamble full tilt takes with members that build trust. i no alot of people on other forums who made e checks got the credit up to the max and then basicly stiffed ftp and stars for lik 2k each. all that happens is they hold your poker acount in a negative balance/freeze until you pay them off. canceling the check wont result in legal action becouse they dont operate in the usgoogle e checks poker scam and you will see tons of people who have used this method they use the echeck option cancel the check and dbl the money/freeroll as high as they can and then when ftp notices they take the owing amount out of your acount and leave the rest.def shady but better than ruining your education by having to drop out imo. and in ops case he can always pay them back if he decides too or leave them hi and dry and let mom/dad/cousin open an acount
it has nothing to do with e checks, and its basicly the gamble full tilt takes with members that build trust. i no alot of people on other forums who made e checks got the credit up to the max and then basicly stiffed ftp and stars for lik 2k each. all that happens is they hold your poker acount in a negative balance/freeze until you pay them off. canceling the check wont result in legal action becouse they dont operate in the usgoogle e checks poker scam and you will see tons of people who have used this method they use the echeck option cancel the check and dbl the money/freeroll as high as they can and then when ftp notices they take the owing amount out of your acount and leave the rest.def shady but better than ruining your education by having to drop out imo. and in ops case he can always pay them back if he decides too or leave them hi and dry and let mom/dad/cousin open an acount
Makes sense, I guess. I just wasn't sure what hand E-Checks had(if any) in the collection process or whether they were even a US company. Thanks for the information.

Getting a loan is easy.If you need $200,000, that's called a Home Loan - but you need pretty good credit for that (at least, now you do).If you need $20,000, that's called a Car Loan - they might check your credit on the spot for that.If you need $2,000, that's called a Credit Card. Banks are happy to give them out to poor-credit-history-college-students. The thing that sucks about it is that they charge you something rediculous like 17% interest, so if you don't pay it off immediately, you owe a TON more than what you started with.Peace,Opie