Yeah But It's A 4.40

No read.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopButton (t780)SB (t1790)BB (t3050)Hero (UTG) (t1500)UTG+1 (t1930)MP1 (t1500)MP2 (t1900)MP3 (t1470)CO (t860)Hero's M: 50.00Preflop: Hero is UTG with Aspade.gif, Jheart.gifHero bets t60, 5 folds, Button calls t60, 2 foldsFlop: (t150) 10spade.gif, 4spade.gif, 6spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets t100, Button calls t100Turn: (t350) Jclub.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button checksRiver: (t350) 3club.gif(2 players)Hero bets t60, Button raises to t620 (All-In)...

Gotta be honest, no idea what to do here. Your river bet screams weakness so he can be doing this with air, so I guess you have to call?This is why I'd either c/c or bet more on river. A normal sized river bet tells the villain that you're probably not folding, so he won't try to bluff, making it easier to fold to a raise.

Gotta be honest, no idea what to do here. Your river bet screams weakness so he can be doing this with air, so I guess you have to call?This is why I'd either c/c or bet more on river. A normal sized river bet tells the villain that you're probably not folding, so he won't try to bluff, making it easier to fold to a raise.
but I can't fold if I bet like t160.

If you really do feel that way, c/c is probably best.Edit: c/c is my preference as well, but I wouldn't blame someone who wants to b/f for t160. I certainly like that line better than b/c for 60, or b/f 60 for that matter.

I probably fold here since we aren't ahead of too much. It's definitely a tough spot since our river bet does look very weak and villian could be bluffing. However, at this level most villians aren't re-raising rivers on a stone bluff alot. Keep in mind that I am a nit, so I like folding alot.

uhm checked turn? you could have bet that and known where you where on river easier imo

I'm putting in around 200 on the turn, hoping he shoves and we snap to see his flopped flush with Qxss.

but I can't fold if I bet like t160.
While I hate your river bet, you seem that you made it so that you could b/f more easily, which I don't hate, like SGFULTON said I'm a nit too. But honestly folding doesn't feel very good here, esp. in a 4.40.This should go without saying, but 4.40 or not, this is why you shouldn't be opening AJo UTG, esp. this early.

I agree that we should've bet the turn and been fine with getting it in there, nh guys. I also think checking the river back was probably best so as not to induce a bluff shove.

No read.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopButton (t780)SB (t1790)BB (t3050)Hero (UTG) (t1500)UTG+1 (t1930)MP1 (t1500)MP2 (t1900)MP3 (t1470)CO (t860)Hero's M: 50.00Preflop: Hero is UTG with Aspade.gif, Jheart.gifHero bets t60, 5 folds, Button calls t60, 2 foldsFlop: (t150) 10spade.gif, 4spade.gif, 6spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets t100, Button calls t100Turn: (t350) Jclub.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button checksRiver: (t350) 3club.gif(2 players)Hero bets t60, Button raises to t620 (All-In)...
Being a 4.40, and being he's already half stacked (which i take to be indicative of an action whore), I snap call this fully expecting to see a missed spade of his own, with a possible pair that you beat at best.As noted above, i bet the turn here....that being said, as played I expect to hero-ish call (even though I think you are actually +EV in a 4.40 this early vs. a half stack) and take the pot.
uhm checked turn? you could have bet that and known where you where on river easier imo
Betting turn would be for value, not to "know where you were."I agree though, a turn bet is in order.
i shove the turn against a stack like this all day long. as played i prob call too unless i have a read he's tight or something.
2x PSB? Seems a little excessive, no? 250 or so should do the trick, as well as induce some weaker shoves.

Yeah, without reads I call this quickly. Villain sees your river bet as weakness a large percentage of the time. Harrington followers would call this a "Post Oak" bluff.

Betting turn would be for value, not to "know where you were."I agree though, a turn bet is in order.
pretty much same difference! i know people here hate! people saying that!
2x PSB? Seems a little excessive, no? 250 or so should do the trick, as well as induce some weaker shoves.
i shove for value, try and get a fd to call their remaining stack with only 1 to come. most people will only call the smaller bet, thus losing value imo. that's why i shove!
  • 2 weeks later...

Bet the turn. Villian folds. NH.As played snap.Only thing that could improve fade's pic is if the baby had a shovel in his hand. THAT would be perfect.

Bet the turn. Villian folds. NH.As played snap.Only thing that could improve fade's pic is if the baby had a shovel in his hand. THAT would be perfect.
lol i'm not an image guru but i would love to see it!