I'm Going To Start Coaching Nl Cash

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously Poto, is there any reason for that attack there?He offered to give lessons to up-and-comers that want to learn, so I don't know where you are coming from attacking him.I am just going to assume you are being old and ignorant again as that seems to be the typical "bi-polar" Poto coming out here.(Notice my proper grammar just for you, kiddo)

No.It is an attempt to alert the new and naive members of the forum that you are a con man.Any more questions?
Being that I know Ryan personally, I take great offense at ANYTHING full of accusations such as this.Calling someone a con-man for no reason is just wrong, dude.
Seriously Poto, is there any reason for that attack there?He offered to give lessons to up-and-comers that want to learn, so I don't know where you are coming from attacking him.I am just going to assume you are being old and ignorant again as that seems to be the typical "bi-polar" Poto coming out here.(Notice my proper grammar just for you, kiddo)
Proper grammar noticed.He is not GIVING anything. He is CHARGING MONEY.For what?
Proper grammar noticed.He is not GIVING anything. He is CHARGING MONEY.For what?
For coaching? He will let the person view him while he plays and he will explain his thought process as he plays (Which is QUITE in-depth, I may add). He opens the viewers to line of thinking they most likely have never thought of before.On top of that, he will view the person as THEY play, themselves. This allows him to point out their mistakes and ways for them to correct them.For a person who plays high-volume, every little mistake adds up over the long run and turns a break-even player into a winning player. It also turns a slight winning player into a bigger winning player. This is the key for a grinder. To correct every little mistake they can find and open up every different line of thinking that is possible to help them in future spots.I have never really attacked you in the past, Poto, but I feel you a GREATLY out of line here and what Ryan is offering is a GREAT deal for ANYONE that is accepted.
No.It is an attempt to alert the new and naive members of the forum that you are a con man.Any more questions?
Man dude, I have so many people that can vouch for my trustworthiness.
Too funny.GL to all who send him cash. You will need it.
You never answered my logically presented point with a logical response in return. I can only gather that you were at a loss for a reasonable comeback, thus making your illogical point invalid.
Too funny.GL to all who send him cash. You will need it.
On top of that, the bolded doesn't make sense. They send cash based off how much they win. So if a break-even player gets coaching and only makes $100, then Ryan will only make $30 out of it.If the player loses $500, Ryan gets nothing.I don't understand your point of attack here.
You are correct, Ryan is not giving anything away for free. Never does he say that. What he is offering is a standard coaching deal (and I would argue a better deal for the student than it is for Ryan) to have someone like him, who understands this game very well and is capable of articulating proper thought processes/strategy discussions/etc in a way that not everyone can do, to take a few low stakes players and work with them to become better at poker.That is fine if you are not interested in his coaching, but why do you feel the need to call something that is incredibly standard in the poker world a 'scam' unless you have a specific example to back it up?Edit: It certainly is fine to question his or anyone's poker resume (if you will) before entering into any agreement, and any potential student should do their homework on their coach just as the coach should research their student, but you are incredibly out of line here Poto.
You never answered my logically presented point with a logical response in return. I can only gather that you were at a loss for a reasonable comeback, thus making your illogical point invalid.
Okay kid,Let me teach you about the oldest scam in the world.It goes something like this.................I am a good man. I am successful. I am honest and hard working, just like you. We have shared interests. I can help you make some money. All you have to do is give me some of your money. I will then take your money and make you even more.The term "con man" comes from the word confidence. Without your confidence in him, he cannot get your money.Ask yourself this question:If he is as successful as he claims, and is making as much money as he claims: Why would he waste his valuable time for a few small bucks?

llol poto is the biggest troll and douchebag in fcp history. After I busted my most soulcrushing tournament ever. FT bubbling FTOPS main event with 400k+ for first and I lost AA<88 for CL with 15 left he had the balls to PM me about how bad I played. Dude is unreal!!I don't really understand your point POTatO. I think this is a very good deal and a great way to learn cash games better without risking anything besides TIME. Hence why I snapp signed up as soon as i saw the thread.

Okay kid,Let me teach you about the oldest scam in the world.It goes something like this.................I am a good man. I am successful. I am honest and hard working, just like you. We have shared interests. I can help you make some money. All you have to do is give me some of your money. I will then take your money and make you even more.The term "con man" comes from the word confidence. Without your confidence in him, he cannot get your money.Ask yourself this question:If he is as successful as he claims, and is making as much money as he claims: Why would he waste his valuable time for a few small bucks?
still drinking eh
llol poto is the biggest troll and douchebag in fcp history. After I busted my most soulcrushing tournament ever. FT bubbling FTOPS main event with 400k+ for first and I lost AA<88 for CL with 15 left he had the balls to PM me about how bad I played. Dude is unreal!!I don't really understand your point POTatO. I think this is a very good deal and a great way to learn cash games better without risking anything besides TIME. Hence why I snapp signed up as soon as i saw the thread.
wow, that is just unreal. BAN!!!!
If he is as successful as he claims, and is making as much money as he claims: Why would he waste his valuable time for a few small bucks?
Because he likes to see people improve is my guess. The same goes for teachers in general. Why would someone teach if they were knowledgeable about something? Because they get paid to do so, and there has to be some personal satisfaction coming from it also, or they would take their expertise elsewhere.
Why would he waste his valuable time for a few small bucks?
because he ****ing enjoys it you douchebag. Why do you think I am staking people in micro tournaments? Why am I only charging $20 an hour for coaching? Hey its not because Im trying to grind out rent $. Its because some people actually get enjoyment out of helping out others and watching them grow. Maybe you never thought of that, because you are a POTatO
If he is as successful as he claims, and is making as much money as he claims: Why would he waste his valuable time for a few small bucks?
Even if he didn't enjoy it, passive, low-variance to variance-free income is desirable for some people. It's like diversifying your portfolio with T-bills.
Lol first of all, if anyone is going to scam anyone in a coaching relationship like this it would be the student (who is responsible for sending their coach his share). A coach cannot log into their account and take all their money.As for the bolded, I see it as two fold: 1. coaches typically get better themselves by taking on students and learning how to coach2. (and likely more importantly) some people like Ryan are genuinely good people (and yes while there is some financial benefit to it, although less than one's standard hourly rate) who want to help others become more successful If Ryan were asking for $x upfront dollars, then your concern would be potentially valid, but as it is arranged, frankly you are being ridiculous
OK, you make a valid point for an extreme case, but you are applying it in the wrong terms. He isn't asking money up-front in any way. He is basically asking for people that would be break-even players that he can turn into a winning player. If he really offered nothing to the table, at the end of the month, the person would still not be making money, thus they wouldn't owe him any money. Do you see what I am getting at? By him turning them into a winning player, he makes THEM money (since without him, theoretically they would still be making $0) and he makes himself a bit of money during the process.As for the question of "why" he is doing this, he loves to talk about poker, PERIOD. It is a chance for him to continue to talk about poker and make a few bucks off of it at the same time. Him and I talk poker a bunch, as he does with other FCPers as well. But, his information he has to offer IS valuable, but he knows that most people that play .10/.25 and .25/.50 NL cash games can't afford the $120/hr price that most coaches charge. As he stated, he used to be in the same boat....he was a .10/.25 player and couldn't afford coaching, so when some great players came along and offered the SAME deal he is offering now, he accepted and it turned him into a MASSIVE winning player. This is his way of returning the favor that those players gave him....a way of "sticking to his roots" I guess you could say. He knows what it is like to be a grinder at that level and knowing you can't afford solid coaching, but he caught a break by a generous offer that he is now returning the favor.But all this leads back to my main point, he only profits if he can successfully turn the break-even player into a winner. So for you to call that a scam is pretty off-base.I hope you see the logic in my post and can retract your ill-intent statements.
As he stated, he used to be in the same boat....he was a .10/.25 player and couldn't afford coaching, so when some great players came along and offered the SAME deal he is offering now, he accepted and it turned him into a MASSIVE winning player. This is his way of returning the favor that those players gave him....a way of "sticking to his roots" I guess you could say. He knows what it is like to be a grinder at that level and knowing you can't afford solid coaching, but he caught a break by a generous offer that he is now returning the favor.
Bink. Solid post imo and spot on.Obviously there are financial benefits for me to do this but remember, I only get paid when my student makes money. Structuring it that way allows people who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford coaching, to get coached and it's an incentive for the coach (me) to do his best to make sure they succeed. Poto, you are truely crazy.