I'm Going To Start Coaching Nl Cash

Hey guys, I'm going to start coaching and I'm looking for students. I want to take on 2-3 students. I'm looking to coach nl 6max/full ring players inbetween the limits of 25nl-200nl. If you play heads up, thats fine too. I'm not an exclusive hu expert like many on this forum are, but I am a winning player at hu cash and I know a lot of adjustments/counter-adjustments you'll need to make to beat heads up poker.Here's what I'm looking for in a student:Must have your own bankroll. This is not a staking thing, it's purely coaching.You must put in at least 15k hands/month if you're playing 6max/fr. If you're a hu player I'd consider less. Also, if for some reason you can't put in that kind of volume for a month because of traveling or whatever, that's fine. I'm flexible.I'm looking for people who either want to go pro or make a decent amount of money from this game. I do not want recreational players.Must have skype and mikogo/teamviewer4. They're both free and takes a few minutes to download.Must be willing to think critically about the game away from the tables.What the program will be like:There's no long term commitment. Once you join you must stay for at least 1 month. You can be coached for as long as you like, but you can't quit mid month. So say it's like December 20th and you realize you don't want to be coached anymore, you have to finish out December and are free to leave the program in January.I'll be doing a minimum of one sweat session per week. Depending on your schedule/my schedule we could do more. But I'm guaranteeing at least 1 sweat per week but I'd like to consistently do more to help you get better value for your dollar.You can regularly send me hands on skype/aim whenever you want and we'll discuss them. I'm on my computer a lot and I encourage you to send me hand history's to get better value for your dollar.If for some reason you'll be away for a week, you can use Camista to make a video and send that to me and I'll watch/critique it.You'll know and get close to other people in the coaching agreement.You'll have access to 4bb (private online forum) where you'll get to post/immerse yourself in a community of winning players.My compensation:There is no flat fee. I'll be entitled to 30% of your overall online monthly profits. This does not include tournaments. So if you bink a tourney for 20k you get to keep all of it. An example of the payment system is thus, say you make 10k in a month after rakeback/bonus I would get 3k of that. You are to pay me monthly. I have an account on AP/Stars/FT so you don't need to worry about transferring money to another site to pay me. I like taking a percentage of overall monthly profits because it encourages me to make sure you're making money at this game. I then become emotionally/financially tied to your success and I feel like that's an important part of being a coach.You will need to take screen shots of your Hem/Pt as well as rakeback/bonus and email that to me every 2 weeks so I can track your progress and make sure you don't scam me :club:. In your progress report you can lay out specific goals for the next week or any questions/concerns you have.For those who don't know me well I'm playing professionally at 200nl-400nl 6max/fr/hu. A year ago I deposited 525 onto AP and started with 25nl. Today I've made slightly more than 50k from online cash games. You can check out my PTR (search whatgreatis) to prove I'm a winner although it's missing a couple grand in table profits. I have been coached by Rdog and Pocketdeuces. I know what it takes to beat online ssnl.I want you to look at this as an investment in your game. Think of it as paying X amount to gain the skills to make Y amount. You may still make Y amount without a coach, but the learning curve drastically increases when you hire a coach. I'm sure many people will agree that getting a coach is one of the best things you can do for your game.Send your applications in the form of a PM. I would like you to give me your name/where your from/limits/background/future goals. I also would like your favorite color and favorite food.Note: As a result of taking on students I will no longer be doing sweat session groups that people do on 4bb. I'll also be cutting back drastically on the amount of hand history's I comment on for non-students. Now that I'm coaching I can't ask people to be my student and pay me, then give out free advice to other people. Sorry to those who aren't interested in working on their game with me who will suffer from my lack of strategy posts.Edit: I should also note that I'm a deep stack 'expert'. I play on AP/UB where you can buy in for 200bb on every table. Which means I've played over 200k hands of deep stack nl cash. Not many people can say that.Reedit: I didn't make it clear that you would be sweating me from time to time as well.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with this.Quick question though, is it just me or does 30% of winnings seem awfully high for coaching services.
To a person who is most likely not a winner. Probably not.I can guarantee that he is making less then 50% of his hourly in this type of arrangement which is nowhere near standard.
Good luck with this.Quick question though, is it just me or does 30% of winnings seem awfully high for coaching services.
I thought it would be more affordable than my hourly which is around 120/hr. A 50nl player simply can't afford to pay that. When I was coached I had the same deal and it's very standard imo.

Wow, this sounds like a great opportunity. I wish I had more time to devote to this or I would ask to give it a try. Maybe in the future if you are still offering this, whatgreatis.It is a very nice gesture to give back to this forum.

Wow, this sounds like a great opportunity. I wish I had more time to devote to this or I would ask to give it a try. Maybe in the future if you are still offering this, whatgreatis.It is a very nice gesture to give back to this forum.
I will be offering this arrangement for a few months at least. If everything goes well I may plan on doing it longer. I'll post when I have an opening.And I would like to give back to FCP. I haven't posted here a lot recently since the whole 4bb thing started up but this is my first 'poker community' and I feel a sense of attachment to it. I still check up on this place a couple times a week but as I said, rarely post.
I thought it would be more affordable than my hourly which is around 120/hr. A 50nl player simply can't afford to pay that. When I was coached I had the same deal and it's very standard imo.
Thank you for the responses. I appreciate the candor.I was unaware that this was a fairly standard going rate.
Thank you for the responses. I appreciate the candor.I was unaware that this was a fairly standard going rate.
Yeah, I mean, doing a percentage of profits instead of an hourly insures I care about the students development and truly want to see them succeed. If I'm getting paid an hourly I wouldn't care as much if you learned the material because I'm getting paid either way.And to give you an idea of how much I expect to make, lets say that I'm coaching a 50nl player who makes 2k in a month. Which is a good month imo. He would pay me 600 for the months worth of coaching. I regularly win/lose pots more than 1k. So that's like one pot for me after a months work.

Seriously, the price is well worth the knowledge of Ryan and will make a lot of break up/losing players winning players in a short amount of timeSigh, I play donkaments

No way, super value. If I had any BR at all online, I'd be all over it.
Yeah, I mean, doing a percentage of profits instead of an hourly insures I care about the students development and truly want to see them succeed. If I'm getting paid an hourly I wouldn't care as much if you learned the material because I'm getting paid either way.And to give you an idea of how much I expect to make, lets say that I'm coaching a 50nl player who makes 2k in a month. Which is a good month imo. He would pay me 600 for the months worth of coaching. I regularly win/lose pots more than 1k. So that's like one pot for me after a months work.
Exactly.This is awesome. If it wasn't for the 9-5 job and 5'9 wife....I'd be loading up in a heartbeat and begging. Very cool man.

you said something about binking 20k in a tourney so im assuming you are not against a student also playing mtts during the coaching term? If someone is playing tournies are you sill entitled to 100% of rakeback?

you said something about binking 20k in a tourney so im assuming you are not against a student also playing mtts during the coaching term? If someone is playing tournies are you sill entitled to 100% of rakeback?
I'm not against students playing Mtts during coaching as long as they focus on improving at NL cash. Yes, I would be entitled to 100% of rakeback.
Cmon.

PTR says you are up 20k in your lifetime.. is this a level or do you have some like sick winnings on FTP or Stars?** Didnt mean to come off rude or anything , its just 30 percent of profit seems like a lottttttttt. But I dont play much cash games so IDK if thats standard or whatever.

Yeah, TR is pretty far off. I totaled my winnings up from Jan 1st of this year, so like, the last 8 months or whatever, and I'm at 47.5k. Some of that is bonus money obviously. I only have my hand history's for the last couple months (and I missed a significant chunk of one of those months) in my HEM because I bought a new computer and moved. But yeah, I requested the hand history's for Jan 1st to April 11th (the time I moved) from AP a month ago and haven't heard back. There are people around here who can vouche for me. Jesse (pocketdeuces) would have the best idea of how much I've made in the last year (October to October) because I had to report my winnings to him from October to Feb due to a coaching agreement smilier to the one I've laid out.

Standard deals with NLHE Cash coaching is that the teacher charges 80% of his hourly. Since WhatGreatIs is not an experienced coach you could probably ask for less, lets say 70%. His hourly is 120 so 70% is $84 dollars an hour. In his OP he outlines what he offers which is between 4-5 hours coaching a month minimum. So a monthly charge of $328-420If he takes on a student that play 35K hands a month and that student is a 2bb/100 winner at 200nl. He is just making $420 a month. Since he is taking people at the 25nl level and people that are not established winners. You can be certain that he is only doing this to help people learn.

Hey guys, I'm going to start SCAMMING and I'm looking for SUCKERs. I want to take on 2-3 SUCKERS. I'm looking to coach nl 6max/full ring players inbetween the limits of 25nl-200nl. If you play heads up, thats fine too. I'm not an exclusive hu expert like many on this forum are, but I am a winning player at hu cash and I know a lot of adjustments/counter-adjustments you'll need to make to beat heads up poker.Here's what I'm looking for in a SUCKER:Anyone who is stupid enough to read past the previous lines and doesn't know that I am a con man.