£10,000 Wsope Main Event | Final Table

After the last break, this gentlement produced a sign saying, "MATT'S ALL THAT!" for waving when he wins chips, and beneath it, another one saying, "HOSS IS BOSS!"The table all turned round, secretly wishing, I imagine, that there were equally pithy signs waving for them. "Matt Is A Calling Station one under there?" joked Negreanuroflmao

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking really good. Really too bad those weasels :club: organizing the WSOPE did not provide the live feed like last year. You do not lose anything and it increases your international audience.Set over set solved a lot of stack problems, and Mercier has lost a third of his starting stack of 3,198,000 ... so it looks good for DN. He is a re-raising machine this final table. It is going to be worth looking at the hole cards when it airs.

Bansi Swerves to Avoid Daniel's House{10-Spades} {10-Hearts} {10-Diamonds} is the latest flop seen on the final. Small blind Praz Bansi bets out 62k, called by Daniel Negreanu.Turn: {A-Hearts} Bansi now checks, and Negreanu checks behind.River: {7-Clubs} Check to Negreanu a second time, and he bets 120k. Another decision for Bansi, who opts for the fold. As the pot is swept over to Negreanu, he offers, "Left or right?" pointing at his cards, but then gives the spectators what they want i.e. both of them: {A-Spades} {K-Hearts}

I like the way he showed the A :club: K :ts ... that not-to-subtle hint that he is playing serious hands. His table image must be pretty intimidating right now as he closes in on the chip lead.

Negreanu Too Stressed to Play Final TableIn fact, further to receiving his over-the-rail massage, Daniel Negreanu now seems to have entirely given up on this final table -- he's seated himself on the wrong side of the rail and appears to be thoroughly enjoying the proper, sitting-down massage he's now getting, only occasionally glancing up to see if anything interesting has happened up on FT. Extraordinary.Interesting Strategy

Big Pot (Actually, This Time)!A lot of Daniel Negreanu's hard work building his stack up to the second place level has been undone just now with a big confrontation vs. Jason Mercier. The million+ pot started out as a standard sort of hand, with Negreanu calling Mercier pre and then both players checking the {4-Spades} {9-Clubs} {7-Diamonds} flop. So far, so standard for the last four hours.The {K-Spades} turn saw another check from Negreanu, and a bet of 220k from Mercier. Negreanu made the call.The river was the {9-Hearts} , and now a third check from Negreanu saw a bet of 383k from Mercier. As Negreanu counted out the chips, it looked like he wasn't going anywhere - and sure enough he called, having built the largest pot of the day so far.Unfortunately his {Q-Clubs} {Q-Diamonds} had always been behind Mercier's {A-Spades} {A-Diamonds} and the sneaky twosome were left countiing their respective stacks:Mercier - 3,734,000Negreanu - 1,112,000

Lucky he did not get felted with that AA. Amazing. So now Daniel is in third place. Sorry, I don't get the strategy of leaving the final table to get a massage unless it was to piss off the players at the table ... except for Barry of course, who considering Jeff Shulman's weird antics, probably sees this as normal :club:

There was around 400,000 in the pot, with the board reading J :5c 7 :qh 9 :3h 9 :jh 5 :4h Barry Shulman in the cutoff bet out 175,000, meaning that a third of his stack was in the middle. On the button, Jason Mercier called him -- but mucked when Shulman turned over A Q ... for, well, ace-queen high. :club: What the hell was Mercier doing calling in that spot with nada? :ts .oO(Maybe he got outkicked by the Q is the only reason I can come up with.)

There was around 400,000 in the pot, with the board reading J :5c 7 :qh 9 :3h 9 :jh 5 :4h Barry Shulman in the cutoff bet out 175,000, meaning that a third of his stack was in the middle. On the button, Jason Mercier called him -- but mucked when Shulman turned over A Q ... for, well, ace-queen high. :club: What the hell was Mercier doing calling in that spot with nada? :ts .oO(Maybe he got outkicked by the Q is the only reason I can come up with.)
Huge stack + possible bluff + 5 to 1 odds = call?Like you said, Mercier probably had Ax (T or less) and figured to split but was outkicked.

Woo Hoo! :4h One down and seven to go :ts Too bad for Akenhead ... 9th place is 66,533 but 8th place is 21,000 more :club: . Pretty impressive to make the final table of the WSOP Main Event AND the final table of the WSOPE.

# 1.578 lost QQ to Mercier's AA played it well not to go broke. Then busted Akenhead KK to AQ. 8 left 7 minutes ago from UberTwitterYAY!!

Big Pot (Actually, This Time)!A lot of Daniel Negreanu's hard work building his stack up to the second place level has been undone just now with a big confrontation vs. Jason Mercier. The million+ pot started out as a standard sort of hand, with Negreanu calling Mercier pre and then both players checking the {4-Spades} {9-Clubs} {7-Diamonds} flop. So far, so standard for the last four hours.The {K-Spades} turn saw another check from Negreanu, and a bet of 220k from Mercier. Negreanu made the call.The river was the {9-Hearts} , and now a third check from Negreanu saw a bet of 383k from Mercier. As Negreanu counted out the chips, it looked like he wasn't going anywhere - and sure enough he called, having built the largest pot of the day so far.Unfortunately his {Q-Clubs} {Q-Diamonds} had always been behind Mercier's {A-Spades} {A-Diamonds} and the sneaky twosome were left countiing their respective stacks:Mercier - 3,734,000Negreanu - 1,112,000
SMALL BALL.........RIGHT PLACE............RIGHT TIME

akenhead and saout and demidov all making both tables impressive daniel is one of the few players who would keep his tourney alive with QQ vs AA against a loose aggressive not to mention chip leaderdare i ask if it is in daniel's destiny to win????

akenhead and saout and demidov all making both tables impressive daniel is one of the few players who would keep his tourney alive with QQ vs AA against an loose aggressive not to mention chip leaderdare i ask if it is in daniel's destiny to win????
Make sure the altar is facing North to Canada :club:

Career as Children's Entertainer Beckons, Should the Poker Lark Start to Fail NegreanuBarry Shulman and Daniel Negreanu made it as far as the river of the {10-Hearts} {K-Diamonds} {J-Clubs} {10-Spades} {4-Hearts} board when Negreanu took the pot down with a bet that Shulman couldn't call. Negreanu pushed his hole cards around on the felt, mixing them up. "Pick a card," he said, "Any card." Shulman pointed to the one on the right -- and Negreanu flipped the {K-Spades}.woo hoo 100th post lol

Negreanu's Ball Not So SmallChris Bjorin makes a raise to 110k preflop on the button. Small blind Daniel Negreanu uses two hands to push forward enough chips to signify a setting-him-all-in... and reluctantly, it looks like, Bjorin folds.

The PokerNews Team is falling asleep :club: They are touting Daniel as a "Children's entertainer should the poker lark start to fail him"A question for the poker brains here. If you win a WSOPE bracelet, does that count in your overall total number of bracelets or are they separating the wsop & the wsope?Just curious.

The PokerNews Team is falling asleep :club: They are touting Daniel as a "Children's entertainer should the poker lark start to fail him"A question for the poker brains here. If you win a WSOPE bracelet, does that count in your overall total number of bracelets or are they separating the wsop & the wsope?Just curious.
i think its the same total.i got a question WHEN daniel wins will he be regarded as the best ever until ivey wins in vegas?

pokernews chip counts say saout is out looks like daniel ko'd himJason Mercier 3190000 45000Daniel Negreanu 2540000 640000Barry Shulman 2430000 425000Markus Ristola 1270000 Praz Bansi 540000 Chris Bjorin 490000 Antoine Saout 0 BustedMatt Hawrilenko 0 BustedJames Akenhead 0 Busted

i think its the same total.i got a question WHEN daniel wins will he be regarded as the best ever until ivey wins in vegas?
WHEN Daniel wins the wsope main event, he will get the kudos and deserved :club: accolades. I guess if he listens to Jeff Schulman, Mushu will get a new collar ... :ts

Antoine Saout Eliminated in 7th Place (£114,228)The very next hand, Antoine Saout shoved to a raise from Daniel Negreanu. Negreanu made the call, and they were racing for the Frenchman's tournament life.Saout: {5-Clubs} {5-Diamonds}Negreanu: {A-Spades} {Q-Spades}I don't believe we've seen Mr. Saout look so awake this whole tournament.Board: {8-Spades} {10-Spades} {4-Clubs} {2-Diamonds} {7-Spades}Proving that, in spite of all TD Jack Effel's earlier attempts to get the rail to make some noise, nothing gets a crowd worked up like some good old-fashioned gambling action, a chorus of, "Ooh!" accompanied every street, and a round of applause at the end signified the end of the line for our Last November Niner Standing.We are down to six.